Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-14-2011, 05:21 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Couscousdelight Quote
I'm tired of Pentax bashing
i'm tired of bashing in general whether people are bashing Leica, Canon, Nikon or Pentax...everyone has an opinion.

07-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Would someone buy this and then actually shoot with it, or would they just stick it on a shelf to accrue value?
It's for soccer moms with lacquer nail polish.
07-14-2011, 05:49 AM   #48

Looks familiar...

The Hasselblad H4D Ferrari Limited Edition is on the marktet since nov. 2010 (but at twice the price of the 645D)

07-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
It will be built on order with a minimum of 4 months delivery time....
Well each part is hand painted so it takes time; one thing for sure, no two bodies will have the same appearance. There will be a "uniqueness" to each body", there are quite a few camera collectors out there who are NOT brand conscious

07-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #50
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frederik9111 Quote
Looks familiar...

I don't think so...
07-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #51
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Would someone buy this and then actually shoot with it, or would they just stick it on a shelf to accrue value?
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
It's for soccer moms with lacquer nail polish.
I think this would be great, hanging on your sun-sniper taking a trail over a mountain.
07-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would love to have one. I think it is beautiful. I would undoubtedly take it out and shoot with it. Traditionally applied to diner ware and such (bowls etc) for hundreds of years, while it is beautiful, urushi coating tends to peel off as the time goes by. This special coating must be very unique.

07-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #53
Inactive Account

Man what I wouldn't give to have one for just one day. I would love to have one. That is quite beautiful. The paint looks like an old Harley ulrta classic I had once. Let me tell you it shined and was eye candy. This is the same to me.

Last edited by garyk; 07-14-2011 at 11:05 AM.
07-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Beyond what I can afford...but wow. They have a 2 month window for ordering..then it's done. I have a feeling that now we have a company that actually wants the camera division of Pentax, it could grow to a point where these limiteds could also come into demand. The older limiteds from the film era are still great marketing for Pentax even to this day.
07-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #55
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
Sorry to say this... but... OMFG!!! That paint job look disgusting! Look at that, it looked like a toy with a very cheap plastic built material! I know that Pentax is crazy on colors, but this one is really ugly paint job even if it's called the "art of urushi". Man! There are tons of artistic paint job out there for the Grand Prix Edition, but this one is not going well. For me, that paint job does not make Pentax "Different" but rather tasteless. 8(
Well, it's a Japanese Limited Edition to commemorate a Japanese award for a high end Japanese camera, so it's entirely fitting to use a high-end Japanese lacquer technique.

Personally, it's not my favourite look for a camera either, but it's not aimed at me.

Sure, they could have done a brown edition like the K10D GP, but this camera isn't aimed at hobbyists, is it? Look at all those Leica limited editions that never leave the box.

At least it doesn't have an embarrassing Ferrari badge on it.
07-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #56
Forum Member

I wasn't too excited about the look of the limited with the burgundy lacquer finish.

But, after seeing it in the special box, WOW, my draw dropped.

I'm sold, it looks awesome coming out of the box!
07-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #57
Forum Member

Why would you actually buy one? It's simply 'bling'. Inclusive of the typically Japanese GOLD logos (think lexus, acura or infiniti cars with the gold logos).

I honestly do not understand why someone would opt for this instead of the typical black camera. Although I do like the nice leather strap and wooden box that comes along with this red godzilla.
07-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maciek_w Quote
Why would you actually buy one? It's simply 'bling'. Inclusive of the typically Japanese GOLD logos (think lexus, acura or infiniti cars with the gold logos).

I honestly do not understand why someone would opt for this instead of the typical black camera. Although I do like the nice leather strap and wooden box that comes along with this red godzilla.
I would ceratinly not buy one as a user camera even if I could afford it (I can not!). However, this misses the point. I believe many misses the point with Pentax nowadays. This camera illustrates what being a Pentax means. Pentax is carving a niche among volume manufcaturers as a brand that is about individuality and quality. A camera brand by artisans for artisans. The K-5 and the Limiteds also illustrates this point. We will se more high-end stuff from Pentax in the years to come.
07-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #59
Pentaxian

Yes, Pentax seems to have choosen to become to "reflex" what Leica is to "telemetric".
Let's see (and hope - sorry i am a bit elitist) if this trend will be confirmed by Ricoh.
07-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #60
Pentaxian

That's a good point indeed... Pentax is becoming the Japanese Leica, so to speak.