Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
This is interesting. Can a new 110D (with a larger sensor then Q) have a Q-mount but with a longer flancedistance. So the lenses for Q fit on 110D with an extensiontube, but the 110D lenses don't fit on Q. Or is this a strange idea?
It would be the contrary: 110D lenses would fit on Q with an extension tube (to recover their favourite flange-to-sensor distance) but Q lenses would not fit on 110D.

Like Leica R lenses fit on Leica M bodies but not vice versa.

07-19-2011, 04:10 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I read from the tea leaves.....,
Q, Aps-c mirrorless, FF
07-19-2011, 04:45 AM   #33
Veteran Member

I don't think that these photos could have been released without Pentax's consent. So we're being trolled ... and I don't mind!
07-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #34
Pentaxian

By the way, schaft9 is not the only one to have photographed the so-called Digital Auto 110 and the K-1:

Pentax q - a set on Flickr
Pentax q - a set on Flickr
Pentax q v0.3 - a set on Flickr

PENTAX K-1 & Q by HAMACHI! on Flickr

digital auto110 02 by HAMACHI! on Flickr

PENTAX Q sensor-size order by HAMACHI! on Flickr

It was apparently some test session organized by Pentax in Tokyo for bloggers

PENTAX signboard by HAMACHI! on Flickr

So Pentax definitely want us to talk about the K-1!

Last edited by Mistral75; 07-19-2011 at 05:51 AM.
07-19-2011, 06:05 AM   #35
Veteran Member

I HAVE A HUNCH...

Recently, Pentax had three announcements that were noticed beyond the photo / phanboi press -- Q system, Ricoh buyout, 645D Ltd. These actually appeared in general-public newsfeeds. They grabbed attention. And they hint at a sophisticated marketing strategy to get the PENTAX name out in public view.

I suspect that the general public (and those providing newsfeeds) don't give diddly-squat about FFD or 110D or any such nerdly stuff. A 110D won't out-small the Q. A K1-FFD won't out-large the 645D. They're just incremental variants of existing stuff from other makers, too much like an m4/3 gadget or Canikony FFD. They aren't DIFFERENT.

I HAVE A HUNCH... that Ricoh-Pentax's next announcement will be of something DIFFERENT. I think Ricoh is positioning Pentax to be The Innovator in photography, producing cameras that are exciting and game-changing, like the Spotty was game-changing. These K1 and 110D teases, that's all they are: teases, not quite as silly as Nikon's newly-escaped concept cameras (see my thread on the NON-PENTAX forum), but mere distractions from the main show.

I have zero idea as to what the main show will look like. I have no inside info, don't read the rumour-mills, don't analyze released nor leaked statements. I just look a recent history and try to project it -- and that projection is, Expect Something DIFFERENT. I'll let y'all speculate as to what it might be. Whatever it is, expect to be surprised.

Last edited by RioRico; 07-19-2011 at 06:10 AM.
07-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #36
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I HAVE A HUNCH...

Recently, Pentax had three announcements that were noticed beyond the photo / phanboi press -- Q system, Ricoh buyout, 645D Ltd. These actually appeared in general-public newsfeeds. They grabbed attention. And they hint at a sophisticated marketing strategy to get the PENTAX name out in public view.

I suspect that the general public (and those providing newsfeeds) don't give diddly-squat about FFD or 110D or any such nerdly stuff. A 110D won't out-small the Q. A K1-FFD won't out-large the 645D. They're just incremental variants of existing stuff from other makers, too much like an m4/3 gadget or Canikony FFD. They aren't DIFFERENT.

I HAVE A HUNCH... that Ricoh-Pentax's next announcement will be of something DIFFERENT. I think Ricoh is positioning Pentax to be The Innovator in photography, producing cameras that are exciting and game-changing, like the Spotty was game-changing. These K1 and 110D teases, that's all they are: teases, not quite as silly as Nikon's newly-escaped concept cameras (see my thread on the NON-PENTAX forum), but mere distractions from the main show.

I have zero idea as to what the main show will look like. I have no inside info, don't read the rumour-mills, don't analyze released nor leaked statements. I just look a recent history and try to project it -- and that projection is, Expect Something DIFFERENT. I'll let y'all speculate as to what it might be. Whatever it is, expect to be surprised.
All they needed for a 110D was to put a 4/3 sensor in the Q or the very least a 1/1.63".

@OP: I don't see a 110 digital prototype in this thread. I see a 110 with a pigtail and a clear 110 but both look like film bodies to me.

Last edited by Blue; 07-19-2011 at 06:29 AM.
07-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
(...)

@OP: I don't see a 110 digital prototype in this thread. I see a 110 with a pigtail and a clear 110 but both look like film bodies to me.
I doubt this lab prototype still uses film rolls

07-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #38
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I doubt this lab prototype still uses film rolls

Maybe so, but that big 'ol external board is kind of big and could be used to convert my K2 to digital or an old SV.
07-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think it is no more than one mans (like you or me) lucky visit and snapshots. These pics are not official. Someone was just really lucky to see that camera which never was released (and possibly he held it in hands) so that flickr user jusdt wanted to share his experience
07-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Maybe so, but that big 'ol external board is kind of big and could be used to convert my K2 to digital or an old SV.
That wee tiny film camera, which doesn't look too digital to me (just a stock A110S) may or may not be harnessed to that big 'ol external board, which might be only a control interface. If the board is a prototype of actual in-camera warez, remember that breadboards typically get shrunk down to the one- or two-chip-level after the circuitry and microcode are debugged. But I don't see any actual connexion between board and camera -- just an inference, a hint... a TEASE! I call fake.
07-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #41
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
That wee tiny film camera, which doesn't look too digital to me (just a stock A110S) may or may not be harnessed to that big 'ol external board, which might be only a control interface. If the board is a prototype of actual in-camera warez, remember that breadboards typically get shrunk down to the one- or two-chip-level after the circuitry and microcode are debugged. But I don't see any actual connexion between board and camera -- just an inference, a hint... a TEASE! I call fake.

They definitely had that little 110 wired up for something if it was only to mess with US.

digital auto110 02 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
07-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #42
Veteran Member

BTW, did you notice how schaft9 labeled or updated his K-1 pictures on Flickr:

QuoteQuote:
Pentax k-1 notice: 1. Taken with beta model. 2. Image has been resized. 3. It was taken at the bloggers meeting in Japan.
So obviously Pentax has given some trusted bloggers access to their rarer toys. But considering the Pentax full frame policy so far and customers' wishes, they certainly would not tease us with the FF prototype for no reason. That would be just plain stupid and almost offensing. So I take this is their subtle marketing telling us it is finally coming. At some point of time.
07-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
they certainly would not tease us with the FF prototype for no reason. That would be just plain stupid and almost offensing. .
Aye!

BTW. What if someone mailed one of the bloggers and asked a few questions about the event?
07-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kent Quote
I think it is no more than one mans (like you or me) lucky visit and snapshots. These pics are not official. Someone was just really lucky to see that camera which never was released (and possibly he held it in hands) so that flickr user jusdt wanted to share his experience
It is more than ONE man's lucky visit, see my post #34 above:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/152204-pentax-q-auto-1...ml#post1584175

As Raffwal pointed out, it was a blogger gathering organized by Pentax.
07-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
So obviously Pentax has given some trusted bloggers access to their rarer toys. But considering the Pentax full frame policy so far and customers' wishes, they certainly would not tease us with the FF prototype for no reason. That would be just plain stupid and almost offensing. So I take this is their subtle marketing telling us it is finally coming. At some point of time.

Actually, Pentax made a few preproduction samples of the K-1. They were never offered for sale but in use by some Pentax employees. This is probbaly one of them...
People are reading far too much into it...