Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lunch with the President of Pentax France

Just had a wonderful lunch with the President and Director of Marketing of Pentax France. Ate at Le Sud Restaurant? Was delicious. Oh...Gotta love the Pentax-Hoya collaboration. France is the number one seller in Europe for Pentax and as of today for every person buying two Canons there is one Pentax sold. Last year at the same time the ratio was 6 to 1. In France Pentax will become more and more visible in the next few months. I can only say this...Pentax are getting more aggressive and I am proud to say that I will be implicated in that process to a certain degree. None the less...

Things look very promising to say the least.

11-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The news certainly sounds positive. Glad you enjoyed your lunch! Can't wait to see what happens in '08
11-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

If the new products are as good as the french cuisine, I'm sure we will have a very tasteful and delicious 2008!
11-22-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Just had a wonderful lunch with the President and Director of Marketing of Pentax France. Ate at Le Sud Restaurant? Was delicious. Oh...Gotta love the Pentax-Hoya collaboration. France is the number one seller in Europe for Pentax and as of today for every person buying two Canons there is one Pentax sold. Last year at the same time the ratio was 6 to 1. In France Pentax will become more and more visible in the next few months. I can only say this...Pentax are getting more aggressive and I am proud to say that I will be implicated in that process to a certain degree. None the less...

Things look very promising to say the least.
OK everyone, let's start a speculation thread on what Benjikan had for lunch... that should take our mind off trying to guess what Pentax is cooking...

11-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I say Foie gras and Sauternes
11-22-2007, 10:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Well, there was surely foie gras at some point... but was it duck or goose?

Obviously, duck foie gras is better and I really don't see any benefit in using geese!

(We need to make this thread a little more controversial..., get some action goin' on!)
11-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #7

Whatever the cuisine, I hope it didn't cause as many bellyaches as speculation on the K10D replacement is inflicting on the naysayers!

11-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

France is the number one seller in Europe for Pentax
after Germany, of course.

To make this thread a little more controversial.
11-22-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Well, there was surely foie gras at some point... but was it duck or goose?

Obviously, duck foie gras is better and I really don't see any benefit in using geese!

(We need to make this thread a little more controversial..., get some action goin' on!)
Matter of taste I'd say. Usually I prefer duck but then solely for the purpose of being sure (you know I like to question my likings ever so often) I try goose for time to time. Just to be sure I don't prefer duck "by accident"

I'd add that Montbazillac is a very nice and cheap alternative to Sauternes but feels quite a bit "bolder" if you see what I mean.

Heck I'm hungry now
11-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Matter of taste I'd say. Usually I prefer duck but then solely for the purpose of being sure (you know I like to question my likings ever so often) I try goose for time to time. Just to be sure I don't prefer duck "by accident"

I'd add that Montbazillac is a very nice and cheap alternative to Sauternes but feels quite a bit "bolder" if you see what I mean.

Heck I'm hungry now
Well, I'd say "heavier" for the Monbazillac and would go for a nice sweet Jurançon...

In fact, I am going to grab one in the cellar right now...
11-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Well, I'd say "heavier" for the Monbazillac and would go for a nice sweet Jurançon...

In fact, I am going to grab one in the cellar right now...
Holy *¨£%*%£%* (censored) you got me., I'm in urgent need now...
11-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What I Ate

OK everyone, let's start a speculation thread on what Benjikan had for lunch... that should take our mind off trying to guess what Pentax is cooking...
Here goes I started with Egg Plant with ground steak and herbs called "Tian Aubergine" followed by "La Morue" Cod Fish and an espresso for dessert...

Ben
11-22-2007, 01:34 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not so...

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
after Germany, of course.

To make this thread a little more controversial.
Actually France sells the equivalent of the UK and Germany combined...

Ben
11-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Actually France sells the equivalent of the UK and Germany combined...

Ben
In numbers only, mainly made up of P&S units! - I have to stick up for Blighty y'know.

Actually the UK could sell more, but the French keep nicking them before we can illegally smuggle them through the tunnel.

BTW, Steve and I had a very nice Italian dinner on Friday evening with Pentax UK, we swept the restuarant beforehand to make sure there was no bugging by C or N before we played with the KxxD. Both were excellent!
11-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
BTW, Steve and I had a very nice Italian dinner on Friday evening with Pentax UK, we swept the restuarant beforehand to make sure there was no bugging by C or N before we played with the KxxD. Both were excellent!
So how was the noise there?