Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentoya announce new PCB® !!

Hi everyone,

Pentoya Corp are proud to announce the world-wide release of their astonishing new PCB® (Pentoya Crystal Ball®).
Due to a newly patented process, this optically flawless device will feature a perfectly spherical sensor, thus presenting Pentaxforum photographers around the globe with an entirely unique perspective upon the world. It is understood that the surface of the PCB® will also be treated with the famous SMC (Supposedly Miraculous Coating) required to prevent
WCA (Weird Camera Angles).
It is intended that the availability of this new product will finally put a stop to the pointless speculation and endless tittle-tattle concerning future product releases, whilst enabling senior Pentoya management personnel and R&D staff to enjoy some well-deserved rest and recouperation over the forthcoming Festive period.
The PCB® will initially be in very short supply and demand is naturally expected to greatly exceed supply, so as a very special favour Pentoya has kindly consented to supply the PCB® to the vociferous minority of Pentaxforum rumour-mongers
(they know who they are !), before being made available to the rest of us mere mortals.
Interested parties should apply in writing enclosing a sizeable donation to Mystic Mog at:

PCB® Offer,
Bull-S**t Dept.,
Pentoya Corp,
Globe Gorge,
The Far East

11-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
let me be the 1st to say ...
11-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
Forum Member

I want one, but should I wait till the next upgrade?

cheers,
John
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How many firmware updates before it's safe to buy?

11-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Has anyone heard anything about the final specs of the Pentoya Crystal Ball®, and what accessories it will come with? I've heard from a reliable source that an updated version will be available sometime in February. If Pentoya is going to survive as the subject of endless speculation, this or that updated version absolutely must have live-view, Wi-Fi (to communicate with the mystic world), and a full frame spherical sensor.

An associate, a morning bakery chef (bakes biscuits) at Kentucky Fried Chicken who knows business and the photo industry intimately, said his sources told him that their sources told them that this version will definitely have those features and much more. Someone else said those features won't be available until the updated version. If we have to wait until updated version in February to maybe get those features, I'm going to switch to another brand.

stewart
11-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What a waste of bandwidth.
11-24-2007, 12:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I didn't want to mention this, but Pentoya sent me a demo with a 2,000mm f1.0 globe for my wildlife photographs.

The only problem with it is I always have my hand in the shot

11-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #8

C'mon people - the jointly-developed CNCB (CaNikon Crystal Ball) beats the PCB hands down. Not only does it have a way better ball selection, it's completely noise-free (ha, ha) at 3200, and 6400 is usable too - perfect for wedding work. :-) Plus, supply is way better. The only problem is that it's so ergonomically nasty that it's not even round - and it looks like the lens is made out of tupperware. Oh well.

The newly released OCB only has fly-by-wire manual focus so good luck with that and the viewfinder is too small. The SCB's sensor is revolutionary but the glass selection is worse than Pentoya.

I think this thread has encouraged me to go take some pictures today. Have a great day all!
11-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #9

this could be a stupid question (and actually im sure it is) but crystabl ball? no idea what you all are talking about

call me an idiot if you wish
11-26-2007, 08:10 AM   #10
Veteran Member

A crystal ball was often used by those absurdly claiming to predict the future, hence the humorous association of that here to those endlessly trying to predict the future of Pentax (business direction, merger aspects, new products, features of those supposed new products, and so on).

And, in spite of you almost begging me to call you one, you're not an idiot. You just missed the point of the joke.

stewart
11-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
(snip) The only problem with it is I always have my hand in the shot

You're obviously not holding it correctly. If you're that unfamiliar with crystal balls, you should get a good book and start with the basics (proper handholding techniques, focusing, etc).

And I'm extremely jealous about your 2,000mm f1.0 globe. You insiders always seem to get all the very best stuff first.

stewart
11-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ncallender Quote
C'mon people - the jointly-developed CNCB (CaNikon Crystal Ball) beats the PCB hands down. (snip)

I disagree. And I'm prepared to post at least a hundred messages in response in an effort to prove you're wrong. However, not this particular afternoon.

stewart
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #13
Inactive Account

I didn't know Mystic Meg was a Pentax user!
11-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #14
Forum Member

if you are enjoying this thread, have a look here (comments on a mouse mat):

Arianet Foam Mouse Mat - Aria Technology
11-26-2007, 05:38 PM   #15
Inactive Account

I just checked over at Sigron and they've come out with a cube version for half the price along with a Four Score and Seven Year Warrantee!

Howdooya beat that?