Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentaxium Photo Event

In just 10 days, Pentaxium, a pentax photo shoot, will take place. I'll post more details here soon

Read more here http://pentaxium.webvision.co.za/about.php

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-15-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Pentaxium is the home of Pentax World Day

Hi everyone and thanks Adam,

Pentaxium is a really nice site that works well and lets you as a Pentax owner see into and share in the lives of other Pentax owners world-wide! All you need to do is take your PENTAX camera with you everywhere you go on Sunday September 24 / 2006. Also, make sure your "date" is set correctly in your camera BEFORE you go out!!

Take a few pics of where you were and what you saw and then share!

It is only 10 days from today, so you only have a short time to register, practice uploading a pic, and take some photos on the 24th. You do not have to upload on that day, but do it as soon as you can after.

Again, the next Pentax World Day is on Sunday September 24th
http://pentaxium.webvision.co.za/about.php
09-15-2006, 05:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I have to say itis a fun event. I participated in the one in March and it was great to see what everyone Pentax was doing around the world that day.
09-15-2006, 08:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I thought this was a great Idea and I participated in the March Pentax World day event. I just wish this would have been limited to ONE submission per user. Some people were uploading lots of pictures and using this whole deal as a personal gallery. There are plenty of free photo sharing web sites for that.

09-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I second to that. 3 pictures max.
09-16-2006, 01:39 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Limite Pentaxium to ONE to THREE submissions

You've got that right RedHawk!!!

I think we should have as many as possible email Pentaxium and suggest that there be a limit on submissions. It should be easy to program the upload page to limit your ID to 3 photos.

If enough people complain, I am sure it would be done.

What was your photo about last time?

I hope a lot of Pentax people participate next week.

Cheers
09-16-2006, 03:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Sounds fun, I will go ahead and register.

09-18-2006, 07:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. H Quote
You've got that right RedHawk!!!

What was your photo about last time?

I hope a lot of Pentax people participate next week.

Cheers
Man I totally missed out this time and completely forgot about it. My last entry from March was a Hummingbird and the title was "Take Off" - I can't link to it but it is on that page:

http://pentaxium.webvision.co.za/location.php?search_by=country&page=240&nex...my_favourites=

page 17/19
09-20-2006, 12:39 AM   #9
Forum Member

"New" Pentaxium site

Not to worry -- nobody has missed the next Pentax Day yet.

I've been working with Peter Smith to re-host the Pentaxium server on to a new host with better bandwidth. It's running on a T1 line now, and will be on a fiber soon. Peter has not had the time to finish up the software changes, so it won't be going "live" in time for the 9/24 date we had hoped for. The site has the previous Pentax Day photos from 3/19 as well as a bunch of other photos.

We had come to the same conclusion about Pentaxium vs. Flickr. In other words, Peter never intended to compete with Pbase or Smugmug. There was one person who uploaded more than 100 photos, with many repetitive sequences. (Trouble is, we can't just throw his photos out because some of them are darned good!) I'm not fond of hard rules, but certainly explaining clearly what the intent of the site is will be a good start. If we need to enforce limits we can do that too.

Peter has a great idea for adding "events" to the site, so that we could host some of the "challenges" for the site. We need this regardless to help separate the different Pentax Day events.

You are welcome to view the photos, but the site still doesn't accept new pictures. The URL for the new site is even simpler than before:

http://www.pentaxium.com

-- Joe Barnhart
09-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Joe , that's great news!

BTW - I somehow lost my user name and password for the pentaxium site and I don't even remember the Email address I used to sign up. Is there any way to recover that?
09-20-2006, 10:16 AM   #11
Forum Member

If you can select the "portfolio" view and find your name in the list, I can look up your signon information in the database. It would be nice to have a feature to email you your password on request, but that will have to wait a bit...
09-20-2006, 11:01 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jbarnhart Quote
If you can select the "portfolio" view and find your name in the list, I can look up your signon information in the database. It would be nice to have a feature to email you your password on request, but that will have to wait a bit...
Thanks! This is my portfolio:

http://www.pentaxium.com/portfolio.php?search_by=author_name&search_for=Will&author_id=123
09-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
Inactive Account

New Pentaxium site

Well, I cannot sign in at the new Pentaxiun site but I can still on the old one...go figure!! Anyone know why?

Any info would be appreciated.

Ed
09-22-2006, 01:18 AM   #14
Forum Member

Calling Peter Smith...

I really need Peter's help on these issues. I have to admit I'm a little worried as I haven't heard from him in a few weeks. Hopefully he'll contact me shortly and get the new server going.