Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh GXR Leica M-mount APS-C module, K-mount next?

Ricoh GXR Leica M-mount APS-C module coming on September 9th, detailed specs are out | Photo Rumors

If Ricoh come out with K-mount, would this be our Pentax evil cam?

Lee

08-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, I'm beginning to think Ricoh-Pentax-Hoya was an unofficial item quite a while before making it official. It would make sense the rumored mirrorless ILC K-mount camera with a large sensor could be a GXR module. Otherwise they would have yet another sub-format hanging around. I don't see GXR going away and of course the Q and K will stick around.
08-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #3
Banned

Yeah, but then I hope for a Full Frame module. However when I look at it, I wonder if there is enough space to fit in a full frame sensor.

They already have the question for such a module:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/131489...nt-module.html
Those where the days, when Ricoh news was banned to the other brand section
08-05-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
Pentaxian

If they add a k-mount with the Sony 16MP sensor then people might get interested, but only if it costs less than a K5, which I doubt.

08-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
If they add a k-mount with the Sony 16MP sensor then people might get interested, but only if it costs less than a K5, which I doubt.
Judging by the other sensor and mount modules, I'd expect a GXR K-mount to come in around $1100 total cost. It's not too much more to a K-5 at those prices. At the same time, the GXR is significantly *smaller*.
08-05-2011, 06:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oops, sorry Ron, you already mentioned this. I thought I saw Ricoh release other camera (Leica) mount, then a K-mount would be possible.

This would look pretty in terms of size, and the fact that you can upgrade the camera without the wife notice (change the module)... although the design of Ricoh seriously needs to improve.

Every time Pentax get purchased we have something to look forward to. ^^

Lee
08-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
wll
Veteran Member

I was ready to add a thread, but .....

you did.

Yep, I think this is the new Pentax APS-c sized mirrorless camera. I think Pentax and Ricoh have been thinking of collaboration for quite a while.

I for one think the K lenses on this camera would be very, very cool ... I like the idea a lot !

wll

08-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Looks pretty cool, but I think a built-in eye level viewfinder would add lots of value to this camera. having to add on the bulky, ugly unit over the hot shoe makes it a difficult sell for me.
08-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
. . .

Every time Pentax get purchased we have something to look forward to. ^^

Lee
Its only the second time its happened.
08-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #10
Banned

I'm curious about the sensor. Didn't see a test of it at DxO. Hope they test it. I'm guessing it's like K-r.

Well if you want a smal manual focus K-mount, just switch the AF-S/AF-C/MF button to MF and you are on your way.
08-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am so excited about this announcement! I may be tempted to buy it with adapters before it comes out in k-mount. I need Minolta MF mount adapter too! This could very well exceed my dreams of a Pentax MILC/EVIL camera and keep me from buying into the Sony NEX system. I hope the K-mount is announced soon!!!!

I can't wait to see how this sensor tests! I am interested in the lack of an AA filter, as it would allow more control of detail if one is willing to do some PP.
08-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #12
Banned

Anyone looked at this page:

GXR firmware / Digital Cameras | Ricoh Global.

Ricoh is a company that is very open in communication to its customers!
08-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Yeah, but then I hope for a Full Frame module. However when I look at it, I wonder if there is enough space to fit in a full frame sensor.

They already have the question for such a module:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/131489...nt-module.html
Those where the days, when Ricoh news was banned to the other brand section
"The newly adopted APS-C size CMOS sensor expands possibilities for high resolution and imaging power."

The M mount is APSC so doubtful any Kmount would be Full Frame.
08-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I'm waiting for a 645 module for the GXR.
Or even a 67 module.

That would be something.
08-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well if you want a smal manual focus K-mount, just switch the AF-S/AF-C/MF button to MF and you are on your way.
Funny!

What impresses me about Ricoh (I owned a GX100) is that you get the distinct impression that their engineers are photographers when you use their stuff. The DPR preview shows that the A12 module is filled with nice little touches:

- the ability to enter and save different lens parameters for inclusion in EXIF data
- multiple MF assist modes
- silent electronic shutter option
- no AA filter

I like the way our new overlords think!