Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2011, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
K-r wins group test in respected UK mag

For those that aren't aware, this month's (UK) What Digital Camera (probably the best selling photo mag' in Britain) includes a sub-£500GBP group test.
The K-r twin lens kit wins their recommendation with 5 stars out of 5. The Canon 1100D came second with 4.5/5, and the Nikon D3100 is third with 4/5.

08-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
That is good news...
08-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm always pleased when I see a Pentax camera get the honor it deserves. Long live Pentax!
08-07-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
Forum Member

This is great news for Pentax (ricoh), hope they gona do the best out of this

08-09-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It's great when a publication has the courage to not take the easy route.

Unfortunately, the sheep that read the publication will probably not take their advice, and look down the list to a brand that they've heard of...

"Why did you buy a Pentax? / Isn't that a cheap brand? / Why didn't you get a Canikon" are questions I've heard too often...
08-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
Great News, Pentax Camera's are so underrated by these publications glad to hear one of them has the guts to publish this.
01-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
It's great when a publication has the courage to not take the easy route.

Unfortunately, the sheep that read the publication will probably not take their advice, and look down the list to a brand that they've heard of...

"Why did you buy a Pentax? / Isn't that a cheap brand? / Why didn't you get a Canikon" are questions I've heard too often...
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!
Even at the store when I went to buy the K-r they where looking at me like "Whaaaaaaaaaat?!"
Come on people! These babies are amazing!!!

01-07-2012, 03:45 AM   #8
Pentaxian

nice win, but if looked closely. The K-R should be places withe the D600 and D5100 if looking at specifications.
01-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
nice win, but if looked closely. The K-R should be places withe the D600 and D5100 if looking at specifications.
I agree. Even though the K-x/K-r were bottom-of-the-line DSLRs for Pentax, I always thought they were supposed to be direct competitors to the Canon t2i/t3i and Nikon D5000/D5100. Seems kind of strange including the K-r in the same class with the T3 and D3100.

When upgrading from my Olympus e-510 a couple years back, I initially bought a Canon t2i, but quickly sold it (for what I paid) when I determined that the K-x rivaled it, but at a MUCH lower price.
01-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #10

What Digital Camera is not well respected they love everything (from what I have read)
Yes spec wise the K-r is a step above it's rivals, but if only it could AF properly we'd be in business
Let's hope Pentax nail this AF problem in the new model
01-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I don't trust any publisher that cannot manage proper grammar, at least on the cover. Should be "Which Digital Camera"
01-07-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
I don't trust any publisher that cannot manage proper grammar, at least on the cover. Should be "Which Digital Camera"

01-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
Actually... Because it is the 'sheep' that read the publication... They probably will buy it...
I think Pentax as a brand has grown enormously in the UK over the last year... Most of the big-chain electrical retaillers are stocking current Pentax DSLR's (if not in store, then certainly on-line)
A few of the Canikon shooters I go out with sometimes have also asked what I reckon to the Ricoh takeover, before I've mentioned it - (to which I reply "Well, they've got a shed load more cash than Hoya, so lets see what happens...") - so Pentax isn't a brand that's necessarily ignored by other photographers...

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
And as for an American preaching on the bastardization of the English language... You Sir have left me almost speechless! ;-p
01-09-2012, 04:57 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Spocko Quote
What Digital Camera is not well respected they love everything (from what I have read)
Yes spec wise the K-r is a step above it's rivals, but if only it could AF properly we'd be in business
Let's hope Pentax nail this AF problem in the new model
Please ... give it a rest :/
01-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #15
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
And as for an American preaching on the bastardization of the English language... You Sir have left me almost speechless! ;-p
Bwa ha ha ha, that's made my day. Except.... We spell it 'bastardisation' over here, z is used either in 18th-19th century English or modern American English spellings.