Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
I'm pretty happy with my Tamron Adaptall 24mm f2.5, I can't see this lens being that much better, at more than twice the size and probably 6x the cost at least. But I am glad Samyang is producing all these nice primes, we need some nice competition to force the others to drop their prices a little Next Samyang needs a 400mm f2.8 for about $1000 and make the big makers crap a brick!
I am happy with it too but I am really looking forward to this Samyang 24/1.4.

08-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Samyang/Rokinon are apparently working on a tilt-shift lens as well.
If this lens ever sees the light of day I certainly hope it's no longer than 35mm. All but one or two of the legacy tilt/shift lenses for almost every camera brand become short telephoto glass when used with APS-C cameras. While I don't want or need anything ultra wide, I would like to see something adequate for architectural applications.

Also, there is the issue of weight. The Arax 35mm T/S lens, for example, weighs over two pounds if I've read the specs correctly. While I don't expect something as complex as a tilt/shift lens to be a feather weight, I must say I'd like any solution to take it easy on the DSLR mounting point.