Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very cool Ben, fascinating to see how some people get from a place in life to where they are now. Laughed (quietly) at the fall incident, hilarious how much of an impact that had on your life, no pun intended. Keep the successess rolling on.

11-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Ben... just a point of curiosity. Isn't reproducing these pages here on this forum, a violation of the copyright law?
Not in "thumbnail size", I don't think. As you cannot even read those prints at that size.
You can only see the photos clearly - and Ben is the copyright owner of those photos!
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ben... just a point of curiosity. Isn't reproducing these pages here on this forum, a violation of the copyright law?
I'm writing this from my jail cell..Actually, being editorial about me I can use this for my own promotion...Bern Convention 1986.
11-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #19

11-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I'm writing this from my jail cell..Actually, being editorial about me I can use this for my own promotion...Bern Convention 1986.
Ben, I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass. Just trying to figure out the copyright laws. So you are basically saying that because the article is about you, you are allowed to publish the images online for your own promotion. That's interesting. I honestly was unaware of this so thanks for the information.
11-30-2007, 06:36 AM   #21
Veteran Member

The images are taken by Ben - he is the C owner.
12-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I went to Borders, and I cant find the mag...

12-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I went to Borders, and I cant find the mag...

Ditto, Borders and barnes and nobles and had no luck.
12-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Hey Ben, can you post a pic of the cover of the magazine? I would hate to think that I missed it because there are only a dozen or so magazines with the words "Digital" and "Photograpy" in the name in one form or another.

Preesh!
12-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ben, I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass. Just trying to figure out the copyright laws. So you are basically saying that because the article is about you, you are allowed to publish the images online for your own promotion. That's interesting. I honestly was unaware of this so thanks for the information.
It's called a tear sheet. Models and photographers can scan and use pages from magazines where they did the modeling/photography for their own promotional use. A model or photographers portfolio will likely contain lots of tear sheets if they have been published often. In fact, tear sheets get you more work than a better photograph that wasn't published. Posting them online is fine as long as it is for personal promotion and not for monetary gain.
12-06-2007, 04:46 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Not in "thumbnail size", I don't think. As you cannot even read those prints at that size.
You can only see the photos clearly - and Ben is the copyright owner of those photos!
If you double click it will open a larger file..No?

Ben
12-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Hey Ben, can you post a pic of the cover of the magazine? I would hate to think that I missed it because there are only a dozen or so magazines with the words "Digital" and "Photograpy" in the name in one form or another.

Preesh!
Here is the cover..

Digital SLR Photography magazine :: Home
12-06-2007, 06:59 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
If you double click it will open a larger file..No?

Ben
Non - for me anyway
12-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #29

We still have the older issue on shelves where I'm located. The "after hours" issue.
12-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #30

Yeah, I think the November issue is just now in the US. The December issue doesn't seem to have hit our shelves yet. I'm sure it takes a month or so to ship them over on the Mayflower.