Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Auckland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 452
Very cool Ben, fascinating to see how some people get from a place in life to where they are now. Laughed (quietly) at the fall incident, hilarious how much of an impact that had on your life, no pun intended. Keep the successess rolling on.

11-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Ben... just a point of curiosity. Isn't reproducing these pages here on this forum, a violation of the copyright law?
Not in "thumbnail size", I don't think. As you cannot even read those prints at that size.
You can only see the photos clearly - and Ben is the copyright owner of those photos!
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Ben... just a point of curiosity. Isn't reproducing these pages here on this forum, a violation of the copyright law?
I'm writing this from my jail cell..Actually, being editorial about me I can use this for my own promotion...Bern Convention 1986.
11-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #19
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 15
..........

11-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member
JamesD's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 536
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I'm writing this from my jail cell..Actually, being editorial about me I can use this for my own promotion...Bern Convention 1986.
Ben, I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass. Just trying to figure out the copyright laws. So you are basically saying that because the article is about you, you are allowed to publish the images online for your own promotion. That's interesting. I honestly was unaware of this so thanks for the information.
11-30-2007, 06:36 AM   #21
Veteran Member
JCSullivan's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada
Posts: 3,058
The images are taken by Ben - he is the C owner.
12-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #22
Veteran Member
Buddha Jones's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,591
I went to Borders, and I cant find the mag...
12-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #23
Senior Member
Flaco's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Outside Chicago
Posts: 218
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I went to Borders, and I cant find the mag...

Ditto, Borders and barnes and nobles and had no luck.

12-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #24
Veteran Member
Buddha Jones's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,591
Hey Ben, can you post a pic of the cover of the magazine? I would hate to think that I missed it because there are only a dozen or so magazines with the words "Digital" and "Photograpy" in the name in one form or another.

Preesh!
12-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #25
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,414
QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Ben, I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass. Just trying to figure out the copyright laws. So you are basically saying that because the article is about you, you are allowed to publish the images online for your own promotion. That's interesting. I honestly was unaware of this so thanks for the information.
It's called a tear sheet. Models and photographers can scan and use pages from magazines where they did the modeling/photography for their own promotional use. A model or photographers portfolio will likely contain lots of tear sheets if they have been published often. In fact, tear sheets get you more work than a better photograph that wasn't published. Posting them online is fine as long as it is for personal promotion and not for monetary gain.
12-06-2007, 04:46 AM   #26
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Not in "thumbnail size", I don't think. As you cannot even read those prints at that size.
You can only see the photos clearly - and Ben is the copyright owner of those photos!
If you double click it will open a larger file..No?

Ben
12-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #27
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Hey Ben, can you post a pic of the cover of the magazine? I would hate to think that I missed it because there are only a dozen or so magazines with the words "Digital" and "Photograpy" in the name in one form or another.

Preesh!
Here is the cover..

Digital SLR Photography magazine :: Home
12-06-2007, 06:59 AM   #28
Veteran Member
JCSullivan's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada
Posts: 3,058
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
If you double click it will open a larger file..No?

Ben
Non - for me anyway
12-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #29
Senior Member
Flaco's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Outside Chicago
Posts: 218
We still have the older issue on shelves where I'm located. The "after hours" issue.
12-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #30
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 195
Yeah, I think the November issue is just now in the US. The December issue doesn't seem to have hit our shelves yet. I'm sure it takes a month or so to ship them over on the Mayflower.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
disk, images, k10d, magazine, page, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, san, shot, six, slr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A film SLR feels better than a digital SLR ? spystyle Pentax Film SLR Discussion 114 11-08-2014 01:54 PM
Digital Photographer Magazine JohnV3 General Talk 2 09-08-2008 08:41 PM
Digital Camera Magazine K20D review rparmar Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 04-28-2008 05:14 AM
Digital Slr Photo Magazine benjikan Photographic Technique 3 10-10-2007 03:40 PM
Digital Camera magazine---it rules! skydragoness Photographic Technique 5 12-07-2006 12:33 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top