Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I wonder what percentage of the forum members actually make prints. I bet it is not majority. If so, nearly all discussions on IQ to me is pointless.
Complete and utter Rubbish.

You can easily tell differences in IQ from images that remain digital only.

09-02-2011, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
A very well trained photographer will out shoot majority of the forum members with an iphone, let alone with Q. For casual shooters, today's equipments are a complete overkill.

More rubbish.

You are correct that a good photographer can still shoot great pictures with a Camera phone. However IQ is not about the content of the photograph it's about the quality of the image itself.

Just becuase someone only shoots casual shots that doesn't mean they should be handicapped with mediocre IQ. I'd rather look at a holiday snap shot on a K-5 than shot on a Pentax Q.
09-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #33

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
More rubbish.

You are correct that a good photographer can still shoot great pictures with a Camera phone. However IQ is not about the content of the photograph it's about the quality of the image itself.

Just becuase someone only shoots casual shots that doesn't mean they should be handicapped with mediocre IQ. I'd rather look at a holiday snap shot on a K-5 than shot on a Pentax Q.
Hell Smeggypants, few of us can do a quarter as well as you when it comes to pointing the camera at something and squeezing the button. Compared to you most of us wouldn't be able to tell IQ from PR.

i've been digging into these Q DNG files and i think that prime lens is one heck of a thing. i'm assuming the DNG files have had no corrections either optical or geometric applied to them, and am impressed by the border and edge clarity and rez.

i do find the Q sensor noisy even at ISO125, but that's nothing unexpected. Looks somewhere between Tri-X and Plus-X.

Me i suffer from recurring bouts of something like tennis elbow, and when it flares up as now keeps me from using big heavy cameras easily, and i start craving small and tiny.