Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
09-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
It is. But the sudden price cuts on the K-5 make me wonder.
Ditto, there are no rebates on the KR :P I'm hoping for a k5 replacement... I'm due for a new body, my figures are crossed!

Edited to add... the K5 will be 2 years old in...OCTOBER!

09-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
Ditto, there are no rebates on the KR :P I'm hoping for a k5 replacement... I'm due for a new body, my figures are crossed!

Edited to add... the K5 will be 2 years old in...OCTOBER!
What? The K-5 just came out last October. That's One year old!
09-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
What? The K-5 just came out last October. That's One year old!
LOL! Your right. I quickly looked it up and guess I got over excited.
09-01-2011, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
That's One year old!
= worthless old junk by the standards of today's camera market. Pentax really need to move faster. In a month or two I expect they won't even be able to give away K-5's for free. Pentax is dead.

09-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Ooh... This news is giving me a tingling sensation in my pants.
09-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
A DSLR typically takes about 1.5 years to develop.
Kx -> announced September 2009
Kr -> announced September 2010

Looks like a year between the 2 cameras - I believe they both started shipping in October of the announced year, again, a year apart. The k5 was announced in September of 2010 also, so the present time marks a year.

Ricoh has nothing to do with it.
Well, think you are pretty wrong, Ricoh has everything to do with it as it is their company, so anything and everything that happens has everything to do with Ricoh and no one else...

Try in two years time....
I guess we will see - not sure a company the size and smarts of Ricoh (which is rather large and rather smart "yours truly has experience and history with Ricoh") will be sitting around on the 100+ millions of dollars they spent for 2 years with their thumbs stuck up their rear end's while losing even more market share...

---
09-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Prices have been coming down on the K-r kits in the last couple weeks, too. The 2-lens w/55-300 has come down to ~$660 a couple places...my money is on a K-r replacement (at least). Plus, I just bought the K-r, so naturally a replacement is due.

09-01-2011, 06:41 PM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Couscousdelight Quote
The translation of the text below the camera is : "Of course, we have other new products to introduce to you, but we can't tell you more for the moment"
Sorry! Where did you get your translation??????
Here is the right one:

"Of course, we have other new products to introduce to you, but for this year we can tell you this.......... that the K5 will be available in PINK"
09-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
Sorry! Where did you get your translation??????
Here is the right one:

"Of course, we have other new products to introduce to you, but for this year we can tell you this.......... that the K5 will be available in PINK"
Now I understand your username!
09-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Where is some good inside information and leaks when you need it.

But my K5 is sensational. I want some new glass to put on the front of it.
09-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #26
Veteran Member

It's gonna be a flip screen Kr
09-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #27
Forum Member

Not sure if it means anything, but the silhouette resembles a K-5 more than a K-r.

Let the speculation continue...
09-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Perhaps Ricoh will change things up...but if the previous release dates stand true....

K10d - released Sept 06
K10d Grand Prix - released June 07 (9 months after K10d release)
(K10d the flagship for 16 Months)

K20d - released Jan 08
K20d Titan - released Mar 09 (14 Months after K20d release)
(K20d the flagship for 16 months)

K-7 - released May 09
K-7 Silver - released Mar 10 (8 Months after K-7 release)
(K-7 the flagship for 17 Months)

K-5 - released Oct 10
K-5 Silver - released Mar 11 (5 Months after K-5 release)
(Possibly Feb 2012?)

09-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #29
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Well, think you are pretty wrong, Ricoh has everything to do with it as it is their company, so anything and everything that happens has everything to do with Ricoh and no one else...
The deal between Hoya and Ricoh is effective the October 1st, so I don't think that they are really involved yet.
09-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #30

Woermel - MegaPower - I'll have to put in another vote for a Tilt-LCD. If it's done properly and neatly, it isn't too obvious that it IS a tilt-screen. So the Pro-level folk could just ignore it. And it doesn't add pounds/kilos to the camera's weight. Nor does it "use up all the space where buttons and controls can be put".

And yes - I do have experience with a "DSLR-size" camera that has a Tilt-LCD. The Fuji HS10.

The HS10 has more external controls and buttons than most Entry-Level DSLRs - certainly more than Entry-Level Pentaxes from K200D - K-M - K-X, to K-R - all of which are much more "Menu-fed" than "pro-style" externally controlled.

Yes, the HS10 has a "full-size" 3" LCD - which tilts up and down. The 5 buttons to the left of the LCD are - ISO - Photometry - AF-Mode - Focusing - WB. To adjust any of those settings - left thumb on the button - and either turn the Command Dial (right, top, beside the Modes Dial) - or you can use the < / > arrows on the 4-way pad.

You can "become spoilt" by having so many of the "frequent adjustments" external buttons and controls - I certainly notice they're "missing" when I pick up my other camera!

For people coming to DSLRs from mid or upper range of P&S - proper "LiveView" and a tilting (at least) LCD - is expected. (I do also have a Canon SX10 - and the "Tilt" is used very much more than the "Swivel" function.) Such folk are used to using them for Macro, awkward positions one puts the camera in - where the body (some of us aren't in teens and twenties any more...) can't follow - and of course, on tripod for set-shots, long-zoom shots, and video.

Also - and obviously another "Non-"Pro" feature - it would be nice if Pentax at least continues the "Option" of using AAs... On a long day, or weekend away - unless you have a number of spare Proprietary Li-Ion power packs charged and along with you - if you run out of grunt - it can be a huge relief to be able to buy some AA Lithiums or Alkalines when you need to.

And yes - I certainly did see the "comparisons" of K-Rs on their little Li-Ions - and sets of 4 AA Eneloops...

Perhaps, to make the Li-Ions more "popular" with we Entry-Level folk - Pentax could package a half-dozen spare Li-Ions with each camera... Ohhhh, deahhh....! That'd quite ruin their after-camera-sale "accessories" profits... At least from the folk who don't scrub their Warranties by using "cheap third-party" imitations...

Regards, Dave.