Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2011, 03:40 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Currently the PDF ends with the Q, and nothing more

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
See Invitations gratuites pour le Salon de la photo 2011 - Actualités - PENTAX Europe Imaging Systems for the source of the invitation. The link to the PDF file is at the bottom of the page.

--DragonLord
There's no "Le PENTAX ???" part when I view it.

09-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by ben-pentax Quote
There's no "Le PENTAX ???" part when I view it.
Same here...

So it was a fake ??? Or they removed it ? Does someone as the original pdf file with "Le PENTAX ???" on it ?
09-02-2011, 03:57 AM   #48

they removed it !!!

sure, they removed it !!!!!

i was seeing it just before !!!!!!

very curious !
09-02-2011, 04:03 AM   #49

@ eighter : do you still have it in your temporary files ? I would like to see it...

09-02-2011, 04:40 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have the original PDF at home, i will post it this evening when i'm back from work.
It's not a fake, i've downloaded it from Pentax France yesterday.

But it's true than there is a new PDF file without "le Pentax ???"
09-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #51
Inactive Account

you can see it here:
There may really be a new Pentax DSLR | Photo Rumors
09-02-2011, 05:02 AM   #52
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can attach the PDF to your post if it's under 3Mb, I think, if you want to be sure

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-02-2011, 05:10 AM   #53
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by lepiallou Quote
Same here...

So it was a fake ??? Or they removed it ? Does someone as the original pdf file with "Le PENTAX ???" on it ?
So now I'm officially weard:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20195454/PentaxParis.pdf
09-02-2011, 05:10 AM   #54

Fourni par Google Documents
09-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #55

Thanks for the original pdf file.

Now I am wondering what will really happen the 6th of october !!!
09-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Well, apart from the sensor, I honestly can't see what else they could cram into a K5-sized body... Maybe an integrated GPS?

All I can think about are firmware improvements...

Liveview and Contrast AF could certainly be improved... Comparing the K7 or even K5 with a Samsung NX100 (same sensor as K7, BTW) does not go in favor of the big guns, believe me!
Video would be a definite area for improvements, but I don't really care about AF-C in video... A focus help of some sort would be welcome while recording, either with focus peak (a la Sony) or a focus bar (a la Samsung NX).

AF and burst are already really good... Maybe AF-C, as it's in no way predictive (but I'm afraid this would require a complete overhaul of the lens line, as I believe the weak link here is how the body and lens communicates to attain proper focus)...

At the end of the day, the K5 spoiled me so much my only dream would now be a 24x36 sensor...
The K-5 is a very good camera. It is the first model where I just had to buy a second one to have two bodies. I have over 10,000 shots on the first one and over 5,000 shots one the second body. I just love the K-5.

Still there is room for improvements. The things I would like to see impoved are:
1. Spot AF. At least the center but more likely 5 spot AF sensors with one in the center and the other four at the 1/3 intersection. They will be F2.8 AF sensors with only a very small area for each. It will be in addition to the regular 9 AF sensors.
2. Better AF tracking in AF-C mode.

Both could be in the same body as the K7/K5 body.

A new slightly larger body could have the following new features:
1. Two SD slots
2. Swivel/flip screen
3. Radio control remote flash controller built in.

Then what ever happened to the Pentax patent from a few years ago that had digital image projection in the viewfinder. It would be nice if they could do both optical and digital imaging in the viewfinder. I find that I am using Liveview on lowlight to better manually focus and would rather be doing it through the viewfinder than holding the camera in front of me.

All of these features above the K-5 will mean that it will be a new flagship model and maybe the K-5 will become a mid-level cameraand Pentax will finally have a three teir dslr camera system.

Dave
09-02-2011, 05:56 AM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
In some ways I think if Pentax are ever going to go FF (which I personally don't think is actually a given) I think that they may actually be better off going with a mirrorless FF.
Yes, I've had similar thoughts for some time now. Going straight to mirrorless for FF would have the advantage of not being just another "me too" product. And now that the Q is a reality, Pentax have experience in developing mirrorless bodies.
09-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Right now Pentax is more in need of replacing the uncompetitive K-r. The sensor has to be upgraded (probably the 16MP). And following their past schedule, it means a new entry level in September. The entry-level market is much more important for revenues I would think. It will cost almost no R&D to update: keep the same body, put the new sensor, done.

The K-5 is still very competitive and can wait an update on schedule for about feb-march 2012. This will probably get the new 24MP sensor if it's any good.

But honestly I'd like to be wrong and be (nicely) surprised
09-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
= worthless old junk by the standards of today's camera market. Pentax really need to move faster. In a month or two I expect they won't even be able to give away K-5's for free. Pentax is dead.
09-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #60
Veteran Member

wonder wheter will it be a FF?

noooo. i dont want another 50 pages of Pentax FF thread