Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
wonder wheter will it be a FF?

noooo. i dont want another 50 pages of Pentax FF thread

Don't worry... if it's a mirrorless FF, it won't be good enough for the old guard. It must have an optical viewfinder with pentaprism. They'll grudgingly accept digital but if it was film, it would be a lot better. Manual focus and no light metter would be good, too.

09-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I vote Pentax Q Super. Some heads here would explode if that ever happened!
09-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Don't worry... if it's a mirrorless FF, it won't be good enough for the old guard. It must have an optical viewfinder with pentaprism. They'll grudgingly accept digital but if it was film, it would be a lot better. Manual focus and no light metter would be good, too.

i think this time Pentax will hear the old guard. a FF, Opt Pentaprism, Manual Focus, and without LCD

and it will be a 100 pages thread, with thousand people press the Like button.

09-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
wonder wheter will it be a FF?

Of course it won't be - the K-1 initiative is going to be announced at Photokina 2012!

09-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Right now Pentax is more in need of replacing the uncompetitive K-r. The sensor has to be upgraded (probably the 16MP). And following their past schedule, it means a new entry level in September. The entry-level market is much more important for revenues I would think. It will cost almost no R&D to update: keep the same body, put the new sensor, done.

The K-5 is still very competitive and can wait an update on schedule for about feb-march 2012. This will probably get the new 24MP sensor if it's any good.

But honestly I'd like to be wrong and be (nicely) surprised
You're probably right.

09-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asw66 Quote
Yes, I've had similar thoughts for some time now. Going straight to mirrorless for FF would have the advantage of not being just another "me too" product. And now that the Q is a reality, Pentax have experience in developing mirrorless bodies.
A mirrorless FF from Pentax would indeed be intriguing... But of course the details of the implementation would mean everything. A FF equivalent of the Q - overpriced for what it promises to deliver, somewhat non-competitive out of the gate - could be a disaster for Pentax.

09-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I vote Pentax Q Super. Some heads here would explode if that ever happened!
Heads are going to explode no matter what is released or announced to be released; 95% of the users here on the forum (and all other forums) knows whats best and knows how to run the companies better than current company heads (just look at some of the ridiculous threads). Pentax could release the cheapest FF DSLR on the market and the users would still find something to bitch about; "why a medium format and no FF, WTF "Q" ARE YOU SERIOUS COME ON PENTAX, should have put that button in this spot, should have done this, why no evf, sucks because it has ovf, I would have engineered something better, why have dual dials, menu options are confusing, panasonic was doing that 2 years ago, blah blah blah".

---

09-02-2011, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #68
Veteran Member

So Far P&S RZ18 will be released (part of the new cameras). Now for the other one. (TBC) 16MP update dumb down version of K-5 (somewhat K-r replacement)
09-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #69
Pentaxian

Not true! We old codgers would be fine with it having a light meter.
09-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Not true! We old codgers would be fine with it having a light meter.
Then I'll sell you my 1975 Minolta SRT-200!

Actually, at age 54, I guess I'm a bit of a codger myself... at least compared with the teens and twenty-somethings. While I'm personally fine with APS-C, I actually have some sympathy for those who pine for a FF Pentax. But, as others have noted, mirrorless might be the best way to accomplish that. And the EVFs just keep getting better.
09-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #71
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
A DSLR typically takes about 1.5 years to develop. Ricoh has nothing to do with it. Try in two years time....
Yeah, but there is still likely something in the line. Most of the stuff the Hoya boys released was already developed or under development. I suspect Ricoh wants to slap Canon in the mouth to get their attention right off the bat.

Then I'll sell you my 1975 Minolta SRT-200!

Actually, at age 54, I guess I'm a bit of a codger myself... at least compared with the teens and twenty-somethings. While I'm personally fine with APS-C, I actually have some sympathy for those who pine for a FF Pentax. But, as others have noted, mirrorless might be the best way to accomplish that. And the EVFs just keep getting better.
EVF have sucked so bad, they have had to get better. Hysterical
09-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #72
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Heads are going to explode no matter what is released or announced to be released; 95% of the users here on the forum (and all other forums) knows whats best and knows how to run the companies better than current company heads (just look at some of the ridiculous threads). Pentax could release the cheapest FF DSLR on the market and the users would still find something to bitch about; "why a medium format and no FF, WTF "Q" ARE YOU SERIOUS COME ON PENTAX, should have put that button in this spot, should have done this, why no evf, sucks because it has ovf, I would have engineered something better, why have dual dials, menu options are confusing, panasonic was doing that 2 years ago, blah blah blah".

---
When are you laying out your $800 for a Q and Toy Lens.
09-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
When are you laying out your $800 for a Q and Toy Lens.
Actually I do want one - I am going to wait until some real (full) reviews come out first.

---
09-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #74
Veteran Member

Well I rank as a codger as I purchased my spotmatic new. I love getting it out and looking at my spotmatic. I love getting out and using my K5. I can think of some improvements I would like on the K5, but I can't even dream of having a better camera. I bet if they come out with a 24 meg camera, unless it has a large range of other improvements I will not be interested. I will use it as an excuse to buy a second K5
09-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Not to start the whole FF thing off, but I really would like if Pentax came out with a FF camera that...

I'm sure you can fill it in yourself.