Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2007, 05:08 AM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Depicting axes of a coordinate system does not mean that there is actually a movement around these axes.
I can't find any indication about z-axis rotation.
Probably just wishful thinking.
Maybe the microfocus adjustments works by offsetting the sensor in Z-axis individually for each lens?
/Mats

12-06-2007, 05:51 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Hey guys, what is the timeframe on a full frame offering from Pentax?
12-06-2007, 06:53 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Look at Foreign application dates and dates when patents were filed.

Lenses look like DA★ 16-50mm f/2.8 and DA★ 50-135mm f/2.8 to me. Macro lens patent is Tamron, not Pentax.

Anti-shake apparatus patent filed in July 1, 2005 (2004 in Japan) — that's SR used in K100D and K10D.

Camera on camera external design patent looks exactly like K10D and patent filed in Japan on 2006-01-04, in USA on 2006-07-07. So, camera is definitely K10D

Sorry, but these patents are for already existing Pentax products...
In Japan patent laws are first to file first to have and thats for the application date. It's filed on date just means that Pentax requested this patent at that time and if you look at the back of the camera body you can see the battery door is not K10D, but K10D with a standard press down lever not the lift twist for weather seals. Not too mention the placement of the door lever is totally in a different spot.
12-06-2007, 07:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
As I said in an earlier post, Pentax will make some serious waves in the camera market. I have surfed the wave already and can attest to this with confidence. Perhaps for some it won't be ground breaking. It is such a subjective interpretation.

Ben
No waffeling allowed Ben STUPENDOUS and COLOSSAL it is.....

12-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
After searching the difficult to understand and use Japanese Patent office I have found these new buggers:

1. Pixel correction apparatus that searches for bad pixels and tries to correct the problem or discriminate it.
2. Live view maybe?

3. Dust reduction with sonic resonance? Could be the old one, but sounds cool LOL.

4. A camera I've never seen with a really big screen and battery grip that inserts into the battery compartment.

5. Hmmm, and Image stabilizer patent...

Oh well, more fun stuff to think about
12-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
In Japan patent laws are first to file first to have and thats for the application date. It's filed on date just means that Pentax requested this patent at that time and if you look at the back of the camera body you can see the battery door is not K10D, but K10D with a standard press down lever not the lift twist for weather seals. Not too mention the placement of the door lever is totally in a different spot.
Pattent application is done quite some time before the products hit the market (when it is in early develpopement stage) and takes a long time to be referenced and transfered to international. So they are available in patents databases when, or even after, new products already incorporating said technologies are available.

Also, patents do not refer to a specific product and the drawings are not supposed to be actual products, they are just schematics based on what is available at the time.

My point is that discussing differences between these schematics and actual/future products is pointless as they are not supposed to be representative of anything else that a generic DSLR.

Chance are that these patents are protecting already used technology in Pentax products but will also cover parts of what's coming next.
12-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #22

I would appreciate some rumours of a weather sealed professional flash system before I go and order those sigmas in Jan-Feb.

Last edited by anomaly; 12-06-2007 at 11:00 AM.
12-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What I find interesting in those schematics dawings is:
  • the arrow-pad on the battery grip
  • The auto-totating screen (coupled to the orientation sensor I suppose)
12-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Uh, oh....

After searching the difficult to understand and use Japanese Patent office I have found these new buggers:

1. Pixel correction apparatus that searches for bad pixels and tries to correct the problem or discriminate it.
2. Live view maybe?
3. Dust reduction with sonic resonance? Could be the old one, but sounds cool LOL.
4. A camera I've never seen with a really big screen and battery grip that inserts into the battery compartment.
5. Hmmm, and Image stabilizer patent...

Oh well, more fun stuff to think about
A couple of things worry me in that image, if it is at all accurate:

Really small pentaprism hump. I hope we're not saddled with a live view or evf only camera - that would probably suck. And the battery compartment thing might not be good - just like Canons - you can't have batteries in the camera if you use a grip. I like the current setup on the *ist D, where you can have batteries in both compartments.

I do like the huge screen.

Can hardly wait to see what this is.

And Benjikan, you are ******* amazing, man. I'm a semi-pro shooter, as well, but no where near your level. Awesome, man.

Cheers,
Cameron
12-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
A couple of things worry me in that image, if it is at all accurate:

Really small pentaprism hump. I hope we're not saddled with a live view or evf only camera - that would probably suck. And the battery compartment thing might not be good - just like Canons - you can't have batteries in the camera if you use a grip. I like the current setup on the *ist D, where you can have batteries in both compartments.

I do like the huge screen.

Can hardly wait to see what this is.

And Benjikan, you are ******* amazing, man. I'm a semi-pro shooter, as well, but no where near your level. Awesome, man.

Cheers,
Cameron
Thanks Cameron...I have been pro for over 20 years now. I guess it kind of grows on you.
12-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Cool -- as I've mentioned before, Olympus has a feature like this (and they even offer it on some of their P&S models). I'm glad to see Pentax is thinking about it too.