* 30mpx FF- K9
* 16mpx APS-C Ky
* 16mpx 1inch Q2
* FF and MF GXR mountors
* sale of Ricoh-Pentax to Canon
* discovery of sapient life on Mars
* the end of the world as we know it
* new color skins for all cameras
I think K-2 would be appropriate for the first full frame k-mount dSLR in the spirit of the K2 pro film body.

09-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So, with the upcoming official execution of the Ricoh merger on October 1st, do you think Pentax will announce anything product-related while they're at it? My guess is that it will be something K-mount related.

Pentax has consistently been making announcements during the first week of each month this year- I hope that next week's isn't limited to "oh look, we merged".
They may announce something that first day but I bet they make a series of announcements over Oct. Some of them will of course be related the the GXR etc.
09-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe a limited K7? oh wait missed that one I know a Limited K5 no missed that one too... Well whatever it is I will probably miss that to.
09-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If pentax is ever going to go full frame, who will make the sensor? A kodak CCD? Who is nikon going to buy sensors from now that Sony has stopped designing full frame sensors?

09-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Something I've mentioned in similar threads: I have a hunch that whatever announcement is made in JUST FOUR DAYS!! and thereafter will be VERY splashy, something to gain mainstream media attention. I really have no idea what will be announced; I'm not tied into any rumour networks, have no inside connexions, no spies, no leakers. I just base this hunch on the pattern of most recent Pentax announcements: the takeover, the Q, the 645D Ltd. Early October may see a similar pattern, with a first proclamation making enough splash to put the name Pentax in the public eye, and follow-ups that exploit such notice. Whatever it is, expect the unexpected!
09-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
If pentax is ever going to go full frame, who will make the sensor? A kodak CCD? Who is nikon going to buy sensors from now that Sony has stopped designing full frame sensors?
When/Where did Sony announce they are not going to make FF sensors any longer?

Jason
09-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
You can go and see the RAW samples on Dpreview for confirmation...
the A77 being used on the DPreview was an alpha version raw convertor from adobe....not much credence in those comparisons: WHy is dpr showing such poor quality raw shots for the A77? [Page 1]: Sony SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Jason

09-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Sony has not stopped designing FF sensors. Their recent lens road map shows more FF glass and 2 Sony FF bodies are expected next spring/summer.

Why do you think Sony is going to stop developing FF? Even if Sony did decide to stop making their own, Nikon is the largest purchaser of FF sensors, so Sony is not going to stop making them for Nikon.
09-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
When/Where did Sony announce they are not going to make FF sensors any longer?

Jason
Looked it up again, looks like they just aren't making them for nikon anymore. Nikon is going to make their own sensors, or perhaps have exclusive sensors. I am not sure how reliable the source is.

http://bythom.com/2011predictions.htm
09-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #55
Veteran Member

I read that too, but then again have read where to expect between 1 and 3 new FF Sony models to be released over the next 2 years, first one in 2012. They will need to get their sensors from somewhere...

Jason
09-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #56
Pentaxian

Looked it up again, looks like they just aren't making them for nikon anymore. Nikon is going to make their own sensors, or perhaps have exclusive sensors. I am not sure how reliable the source is. Sony did replace a full frame model with an aps c though.
Which full frame model did Sony replace with an APS-C?

If the APS-C body you are thinking about is the Alpha 77, it is the successor to Alpha 700, another APS-C body.
09-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Which full frame model did Sony replace with an APS-C?

If the APS-C body you are thinking about is the Alpha 77, it is the successor to Alpha 700, another APS-C body.
I did fix that with an edit, after looking it up real quick, but I do stand corrected.
09-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #58

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Possible announcements:

* 24mpx APS+ K3
* 30mpx FF- K9
* 16mpx APS-C Ky
* 16mpx 1inch Q2
* FF and MF GXR mountors
* sale of Ricoh-Pentax to Canon
* discovery of sapient life on Mars
* the end of the world as we know it
* new color skins for all cameras
Ky? Seriously? Good luck keeping your hands on that one
09-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #59
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Something I've mentioned in similar threads: I have a hunch that whatever announcement is made in JUST FOUR DAYS!! and thereafter will be VERY splashy, something to gain mainstream media attention. I really have no idea what will be announced; I'm not tied into any rumour networks, have no inside connexions, no spies, no leakers. I just base this hunch on the pattern of most recent Pentax announcements: the takeover, the Q, the 645D Ltd. Early October may see a similar pattern, with a first proclamation making enough splash to put the name Pentax in the public eye, and follow-ups that exploit such notice. Whatever it is, expect the unexpected!
That would be great.

I think a brand new body, with new AF-system with track-trace, new lightmetering with state of the art AWB, 20 megapixel APS-H sensor that is noisefree up to iso3200 and a huge 5 inch wide touchscreen on the back and NO BUTTONS. It's Apple white and we all love it
09-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think a brand new body, with new AF-system with track-trace, new lightmetering with state of the art AWB, 20 megapixel APS-H sensor that is noisefree up to iso3200 and a huge 5 inch wide touchscreen on the back and NO BUTTONS. It's Apple white and we all love it
Is this what your spies tell you?