Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2011, 04:47 AM   #76
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That would be great, when my picture taking again doesn't work very well I just load up an app and look at great pictures from some-one else.

Having the camera working as an agenda would be great. Being able to directly load pictures up to your cloud-space would be great. Connecting a headset and listen to some music (or watch some video on youtube) would be awesome and timekilling while waiting for your ultimate picture taking moment.

It's not that difficult, it can al fit in.
And presumable it would take pictures, I mean actual pictures?

Hey guys simmer down I don't want an all dancing multipurpose do everything teenybopper gadget. I want a dedicated serious camera for taking photographs.
A device that will do everything is a device that will do everything not well.

Greetings

09-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well as part of their announcement to me they cancelled my backorder for an M42 adapter. I guess I'll have to reorder at the new higher price.
09-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #78
Pentaxian

I expect only a general announcement; Ricoh has bought Pentax, Pentax will concentrate on the IL camera market, Ricoh will take over point & shoots. If they were to announce an imminent new body on Oct 1, then it won't appear to be a Ricoh/Pentax product, but a Hoya/Pentax product.
09-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #79
Pentaxian

I also only expect a general announcement since they will be communicating mainly to several different audiences with different information needs:

- shareholders in Ricoh;
- the sharemarket, stock analysts and other market participants,
- Pentax and Ricoh partners in distribution and sales around the world;
- the trade press, and
- the general camera buying public.

I doubt we will see a detailed overview of product plans.

09-29-2011, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

They are going to make an announcement that they made a huge mistake . . . . .
09-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #81
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I expect only a general announcement; Ricoh has bought Pentax, Pentax will concentrate on the IL camera market, Ricoh will take over point & shoots. If they were to announce an imminent new body on Oct 1, then it won't appear to be a Ricoh/Pentax product, but a Hoya/Pentax product.
Yeah. A product announcement at the same time would dilute the corporate announcement to the stockholders, etc.
And the corporate announcement would dilute a product announcement made at the same time.
I think Saturday or Monday will be the generic back slapping look-to-the-future announcement and a couple of other light product announcements will be made in October with real product announcements coming after the 1st of the year.
09-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #82
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rather strange situation - Today is September, 30

If we have a look at autumn announcements of Pentax we can see

K-r Announced: Sep 9, 2010
K-x Announced: Sep 17, 2009
K-m Announced: Sep 22, 2008
Pentax K10D Announced: Sep 13, 2006
Pentax *ist DS Announced: Sep 13, 2004

Where is the new announcement?
09-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #83
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I don't think so...HOYA never put hands to Pentax bodies. HOYA just put obstacles in Pentax's way...

09-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Possible announcements:
* sale of Ricoh-Pentax to Canon
That would be Armageddon so far as I am concerned and for the record I don't believe in that shiz. Canon ever gets their hands on Pentax and I am so going to be PISSED. I don't really dislike Nikon. Most of the Nikon people I know are cool, but Canon snobbery I just loathe. I don't like their DSLR's much either. Some of their old SLR's not so bad, but they don't suit me. The Canon DSLR's I've seen? I would sell one if I won it in a raffle, seriously.
09-30-2011, 02:57 AM   #85

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
That would be Armageddon so far as I am concerned and for the record I don't believe in that shiz. Canon ever gets their hands on Pentax and I am so going to be PISSED. I don't really dislike Nikon. Most of the Nikon people I know are cool, but Canon snobbery I just loathe. I don't like their DSLR's much either. Some of their old SLR's not so bad, but they don't suit me. The Canon DSLR's I've seen? I would sell one if I won it in a raffle, seriously.
I suspect Rio was being tongue in cheek, Mag; calm down mate ;-)
Woody
09-30-2011, 03:01 AM   #86
Pentaxian

Snobbery of Canon and of users ! lol
09-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #87
Veteran Member

So I clicked on this thread wondering what the news or rumour was. Turns out there isn't anything at all, just complete speculation. Again. Don't we have enough of these threads?
09-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #88
Pentaxian

Well I met today a gorgeous Canon-girl and I would love to camp in her tent

But no nothing of that kind is to be expected I think.

I do expect an announcement over the coming week, and maybe in Paris. Maybe even a K-s and a K-3 all together. To make a statement. No big changes, but both with a new sensor.
09-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #89
Pentaxian

2 hours to go in Japan... And it's October 1, 2011. Bye Hoya!
09-30-2011, 06:38 AM   #90
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
2 hours to go in Japan... And it's October 1, 2011. Bye Hoya!
Welcome, Ricoh!