QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Is this what your spies tell you?
I forgot to say that it is an IPS panel with 1280x720 pixels. :ugh:

09-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I forgot to say that it is an IPS panel with 1280x720 pixels. :ugh:
And comes with wifi and you can download apps, but it won't have an SD card, only built in flash storage, with 3 models all incremented $150 based on storage size, and you have to connect to iTunes to take your pictures off.
09-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
And comes with wifi and you can download apps, but it won't have an SD card, only built in flash storage, with 3 models all incremented $150 based on storage size, and you have to connect to iTunes to take your pictures off.
And it's a cellphone too.
09-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #64
Banned

Photos: Gallery
and you can download apps
That would be great, when my picture taking again doesn't work very well I just load up an app and look at great pictures from some-one else.

Having the camera working as an agenda would be great. Being able to directly load pictures up to your cloud-space would be great. Connecting a headset and listen to some music (or watch some video on youtube) would be awesome and timekilling while waiting for your ultimate picture taking moment.

It's not that difficult, it can al fit in.

09-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Something I've mentioned in similar threads: I have a hunch that whatever announcement is made in JUST FOUR DAYS!! and thereafter will be VERY splashy, something to gain mainstream media attention. I really have no idea what will be announced; I'm not tied into any rumour networks, have no inside connexions, no spies, no leakers. I just base this hunch on the pattern of most recent Pentax announcements: the takeover, the Q, the 645D Ltd. Early October may see a similar pattern, with a first proclamation making enough splash to put the name Pentax in the public eye, and follow-ups that exploit such notice. Whatever it is, expect the unexpected!
The unexpected would be for Pentax to get better at publicity. Its almost as if Pentax has this phobic reaction to publicity. Don't they realize that every time they make a press release, it garners a ton of free discussion. I hope that in the next year, Pentax moves to a new level in their frequency of discourse with the press - i think it would help tremendously with getting their products more "exposure".
09-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
And it's a cellphone too.
Don't forget the 10 megapixel rear facing camera.
09-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #67
Pentaxian

Back to the original question.

Do you really think anything worth attracting consumers interest would be announced on a Saturday?

09-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #68

Possible announcements:

* 24mpx APS+ K3
* 30mpx FF- K9
* 16mpx APS-C Ky
* 16mpx 1inch Q2
* FF and MF GXR mountors
* sale of Ricoh-Pentax to Canon
* discovery of sapient life on Mars
* the end of the world as we know it
* new color skins for all cameras
Well yes, but apart from that, anything earth shattering do you think?

My wish:- A Pentax camera body with adjustable sensor size from MF to APS-C, and that will accept any lens from any manufacturer (well, mainstream ones anyway), and all for . . . ummmmmm . . . . £1200.00 (or $5000.00 - just for a change I'd like the US to pay a lot more than we do in UK) with a 10 years warranty.

Too much to ask? . . . . of course it is, but we all like to dream, right?
09-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I think K-2 would be appropriate for the first full frame k-mount dSLR in the spirit of the K2 pro film body.
plus one
09-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

Do you really think anything worth attracting consumers interest would be announced on a Saturday?
I agree, and guess there finally wont be any product annoucement on october the 1st. Maybe one official statement with some intentions, but not that much.

According to what we have seen so far (recent Optio release), Pentax carries on it's way as far as new products are concerned.
09-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

Great catch.
09-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Anything they announce will be overshadowed by what Apple announces on Tuesday anyway.
09-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wasn't there going to be an announcement at some event in France on Oct. 6? Am I remembering that rumor right? If so, that would be close enough to the changeover and they wouldn't scoop their own announcement.

Plus, as someone said, it wouldn't be on a Saturday.
09-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #74
Veteran Member

Nah, images will be uploaded by Wi-fi, LTE, EDGE, generic GSM, WiMAX, white space, HSDPA++, X.25, and Iridium to the Google Cloud where they will be stripped of all potentially-saleable information including the photographer's belt/bra size. At least that's the goal. They're still working on the camera-Agent Provocateur interface, though. I was told that they are not looking for volunteers
09-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #75
Veteran Member

My guess, disregarding my foolishness above, is a rather bland announcement of:

* completion of the deal. In other words, the check cleared. Hoya is relieved and goes out for dinner.
* the new management structure - how Pentax and its management fits into the Ricoh corporate structure. There may be something to be learned there if you know Japanese business, Ricoh in particular. Volunteers?
* the names of the new managers holding the positions referred to above. There is a great deal to be learned there if we have the subtlety to tweeze it out. I doubt we do. I don't.
* a not-product-specific statement of direction that will trigger 873 posts that I could not focus long enough to read, even over the course of a week, without the help of controlled substances.