Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2011, 04:06 AM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Let me approve 100% of your thoughts above.
Hear, hear. Just cos it's not flashy doesn't mean there's not an amazing amount of work to be done. Ricoh doesn't even sell cameras in Canada at present.

10-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #167
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote

. . . There is an old military saying "Amateurs study tactics; professionals study logistics". Ricoh understands logistics, relationships, dealer networks and support, their copier division regularly eats Canon's lunch because they have feet on the ground who know what they are doing. Once they have that in place for the camera division I believe we will see some really cool products.
And tactics and logistics don't matter in the long term without a strategy. Tactics win battles, strategy wins wars.
10-04-2011, 06:58 AM   #168
ogl
Banned

new logo of company

http://translate.google.ru/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8...04_481513.html
10-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #169
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
new logo of company
That's a sensible simple design. They won't have to waste too much money on re-printing letterhead, updating signage etc with a design like that.

10-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #170
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
That's a sensible simple design. They won't have to waste too much money on re-printing letterhead, updating signage etc with a design like that.
Notice that both Pentax and Ricoh logos are red color; wonder if they also share the same font type for the logo. That may also streamline any changes in signage for the new company.
10-04-2011, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #171
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
<== is feeling somewhat underwhelmed. C'mon Ricoh, do something to impress us
10-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #172

Well, since the show has now been open for 3 hours and there doesn't seem to have been any news via press releases, tweets or forums, I have to guess there aint a lot going on... :-( .

I will also guess that means no new cameras to be released this year. Announced maybe (New York?), but I reckon too late in the year to get them out in time for Chrimbo.

Woody

10-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #173

There were no news in 6 days, not even some general stuff about future intention
s (lens.and camera roadmap) .let's hope no news is god(good, was on mobile) news!

Last edited by StepOne; 10-06-2011 at 10:24 AM.
10-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #174
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StepOne Quote
.let's hope no news is god news!
Which god? Hay, I wish all gods were so silent that they made no news. But I digress. I don't know if I'm surprised or disappointed or whatever at the lack of announcements. I'll just say that I'm still hopeful. C'mon PRICL, don't let us down!
10-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #175
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ukwoody Quote
Well, since the show has now been open for 3 hours and there doesn't seem to have been any news via press releases, tweets or forums, I have to guess there aint a lot going on... :-( .

I will also guess that means no new cameras to be released this year. Announced maybe (New York?), but I reckon too late in the year to get them out in time for Chrimbo.

Woody
Well I didn't see any news from the Salon from other brands either.
10-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #176
Veteran Member

Sounds to me like we've replaced one uncommunicative owner with another. Curiously callous choice to not even bother making any effort to reassure Pentax owners or inspire them with a roadmap.
10-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #177
Pentaxian

Yeah, can you believe that? 6 days have passed, and no new product announcement!
10-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #178

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Yeah, can you believe that? 6 days have passed, and no new product announcement!
In fact it's not like Ricoh took Pentax out of the blue. "CEO was walking on 1'st October and saw a hot-dog stand that had for a good price Pentax company on sale".

They had more than enough time to know at least intentions of where this company will go, what they want to develop. And due to flawless marketing Pentax had, it's not hard to guess people are waiting for a commitment that has some facts behind. What is the message they are sending now? For me is something like "we are committed to taking further the great Pentax name, we thought we had a clue on how to do that but as the 1'st of October come, we realized we're clueless."
10-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #179
Pentaxian

It's not like they had control for more than 6 days, either
Intentions is one thing; but a roadmap means commitment to launch certain products. Do you honestly believe they were able to draw such a detailed plan - down to product and dates - before taking over?
Did you forget the Hoya lesson? If anything, a take-over will slow down things - yet you expect immediate results. I wouldn't want to work for you, you'd expect me to finish my work one day before being hired
10-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #180
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would not be surprised if some restructuring is about to happen. Management and new owners using the opportunity to get rid of staff they don't want, etc.

How many camera companies actually publish roadmaps anyway?