Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anastigmat Quote
It is almost certain that Pentax will introduce a 12mp APS-C camera in January. The Chinese forum rumor of a 14mp sensor is probably a camera under development and not ready for release yet. Such a camera would likely be full frame, and it probably won't be ready until later in the year. Perhaps we may see a 14mp CMOS full frame Pentax DSLR by Photokina time. The 14mp full frame sensor, if the rumor is correct, may come either from Sony or Cypress. Sony is due to release a full frame flagship model, and it would not shock me if it uses either the 12mp CMOS sensor found in the Nikon D3 or a new 14mp full frame sensor.
Geez, it has been almost confirmed. those in the know said it was indeed an APS-C 14Mpix. Is that difficult to understand?

12-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It is almost certain that Pentax will introduce a 12mp APS-C camera in January. The Chinese forum rumor of a 14mp sensor is probably a camera under development and not ready for release yet. Such a camera would likely be full frame, and it probably won't be ready until later in the year. Perhaps we may see a 14mp CMOS full frame Pentax DSLR by Photokina time. The 14mp full frame sensor, if the rumor is correct, may come either from Sony or Cypress. Sony is due to release a full frame flagship model, and it would not shock me if it uses either the 12mp CMOS sensor found in the Nikon D3 or a new 14mp full frame sensor.
I've been reading your posts over on the other forum and must say you are one tenacious and stubborn guy. You plan on hanging on to the Sony senor idea to the very end don't you? I admire that, good for you, but you are wrong. There are some very straight shooters on this forum that have seen the beta units and have confirmed it is not a Sony sensor. As for Pentax coming out with a FF camera by the end of the year I hope you are right but again I think you are wrong.

Regardless of who is right or wrong we shall all know shortly and welcome to the forum. I've always enjoyed your posts on that other forum.

Ken
12-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #78
Veteran Member

It is almost certain that Pentax will introduce a 12mp APS-C camera in January. The Chinese forum rumor of a 14mp sensor is probably a camera under development and not ready for release yet.
You won't give up, would you?
Some of the users here have actually handled the new camera and
It is 14MP! And it it NOT a Sony Sensor!

Get it?
Why keep repeating your own pure guesswork while refusing to listen to people who have actual facts (not guesswork) about the new camera?
12-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
You won't give up, would you?
Some of the users here have actually handled the new camera and
It is 14MP! And it it NOT a Sony Sensor!

Get it?
Why keep repeating your own pure guesswork while refusing to listen to people who have actual facts (not guesswork) about the new camera?
It is actually a "Supercalafragilisticexpialodoshis" Sensor. Does 0-100 kph is less that 4 seconds and stops in less than 3 seconds...

Oopps..sorry, wrong forum.

Ben

12-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #80
Inactive Account

FF Troll

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
I've always enjoyed your posts on that other forum.
Speak for yourself. Thank God I can block him on this forum.
12-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
It is actually a "Supercalafragilisticexpialodoshis" Sensor. Does 0-100 kph is less that 4 seconds and stops in less than 3 seconds...

Oopps..sorry, wrong forum.

Ben
weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
12-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
Speak for yourself. Thank God I can block him on this forum.
Marvelous feature isn't it?
12-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
I've always enjoyed your posts on that other forum.
Yeah, like FF is the future and the only future; or Pentax is doomed without FF?

12-30-2007, 01:19 AM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Yeah, like FF is the future and the only future; or Pentax is doomed without FF?
Geez... don't feed him
12-30-2007, 11:14 PM   #85

Original Poster
I think the A700/D300 shows that sub-full frame has a future ...

Again, I was just throwing out "speculation" and "food for thought" and that rarely means an accurate depiction overall. Why others had to be so "absolute" is beyond me, although for those of you "in the know," thank you for adding your thoughts.

As far as a return to "full frame," I too was worried about that prior which kept me from dropping too much money into sub-full frame lenses (I only do this for fun, not even an amateur). With the arrival of the Sony Alpha 700 and Nikon D300, now that CMOS has gone commodity in an APS-C size and shows great potential in sensitivity, I'd say we're probably looking at a healthy future of sub-full frame sensors for years to come.

Where Pentax, let alone Canon, will join Sony and Nikon with an APS-C sized CMOS censor is what I speculated about. I threw out the concept strung together based on other rumors and info, not any facts I had. The APS-H like size similar to Canon seems plausible to me, even if it's not going to come true. And there are yet other rumors flying about, including Pentax possibly pushing back the release date from January to March.

Any truth to those pushback rumors?
12-31-2007, 12:46 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bjsmith Quote
Again, I was just throwing out "speculation" and "food for thought" and that rarely means an accurate depiction overall. Why others had to be so "absolute" is beyond me, although for those of you "in the know," thank you for adding your thoughts.

As far as a return to "full frame," I too was worried about that prior which kept me from dropping too much money into sub-full frame lenses (I only do this for fun, not even an amateur). With the arrival of the Sony Alpha 700 and Nikon D300, now that CMOS has gone commodity in an APS-C size and shows great potential in sensitivity, I'd say we're probably looking at a healthy future of sub-full frame sensors for years to come.

Where Pentax, let alone Canon, will join Sony and Nikon with an APS-C sized CMOS censor is what I speculated about. I threw out the concept strung together based on other rumors and info, not any facts I had. The APS-H like size similar to Canon seems plausible to me, even if it's not going to come true. And there are yet other rumors flying about, including Pentax possibly pushing back the release date from January to March.

Any truth to those pushback rumors?
"Any truth to those pushback rumors?"

Nope...Unless there is something someone isn't telling me....
12-31-2007, 01:37 AM   #87

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
"Any truth to those pushback rumors?"

Nope...Unless there is something someone isn't telling me....
Thank God... I would hate to have to spend my days at PMA with nothing ogle at. This is my first time going to PMA
12-31-2007, 03:08 AM   #88
Pentaxian

What is possible is Pentax announcing their cameras one of the speculated dates (the 11th or 24th January) with availability early March or early April... Just like Nikon for their D300/D3.