Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #31
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 91
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I'm planning on going to the PhotoKina. I just bumped the poll to get some extra votes. Hoping to get 600 entry's and make a new version. Maybe not much changes, but it would be great to say that it is supported by a larger group of Pentax-users.

The poll:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/146454-wich-lenses-put-r-d-money.html
Done - 560 now. Good luck, Ron!

08-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #32
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 362
I discovered this work recently and i'm impressed with the results 4 years later most points have been covered.
1 - DFA* 1.4x teleconverter --> HD DA 1.4x AW
2 - SDM-II --> DC motorization
3 - 24/2.0 not sure, the wide zoom may cover it
4 - DA* 85/1.4, i feel that a 85mm is more a FF lens and it might come in DFA* in 2016
5 - DA* 135/2.0, same might come in DFA*
6 - DA 135-400mm/f4-5.6 WR --> The HD DFA 150-450/4.5-5.6 ED DC AW
7 - Long wildlife tele --> HD DA 560/5.6
8 - N/A, Ltds will be updated
9 - DFA* 200/4 macro, Asahi man said it's was 90% sure for 2016

If the expected lenses for 2016 are real, with this and the FF, I feel that Ricoh is listening to the userbase but that it needs more time than we suppose to put this on the market.
08-23-2015, 09:34 AM   #33
Senior Member
gorme's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Galway - Ireland
Posts: 212
Interesting to see how the 135-400 f/4.5-5.6 moved from the B to the E price..
For the survey, I would add something like a fast 35mm f/1.4, I feel like it can be valuable for some shooters... Maybe 50mm f/1.0 is better than what we will get, but it could be a real advantage for Pentax against canikon to have such a fast lens with a low price tag...
08-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #34
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
Interesting to see how the 135-400 f/4.5-5.6 moved from the B to the E price..
For the survey, I would add something like a fast 35mm f/1.4, I feel like it can be valuable for some shooters... Maybe 50mm f/1.0 is better than what we will get, but it could be a real advantage for Pentax against canikon to have such a fast lens with a low price tag...
The main problem with a 50mm f1 would be the weight of the piece that will have to be moved to focus. The Canon 50mm f1 and the f1.2 are slow to focus. And as a Pentaxian, when i say slow, we all know that it is really slow

And i don't think it have to be cheap. I think most people would be ok to pay premium if it means blazing fast and accurate AF.
I would say that making the DA*55 really blazing fast would be a really smart move : the optical is better than the Canikon (only the Nikon 58 f1.4 is really close in rendering), only the AF is slower.

And from an economic point of view : what is generating profit is high end lens and body. Not the cheap ones. Cheap is just made to attract buyer for the first time. Then you try to sell them premium.

If Ricoh would offer an operation like remove SDM and put DC motor inside SDM lens for like 300$ i think many people would accept here.

08-25-2015, 12:56 AM   #35
Senior Member
gorme's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Galway - Ireland
Posts: 212
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
The main problem with a 50mm f1 would be the weight of the piece that will have to be moved to focus. The Canon 50mm f1 and the f1.2 are slow to focus. And as a Pentaxian, when i say slow, we all know that it is really slow

And i don't think it have to be cheap. I think most people would be ok to pay premium if it means blazing fast and accurate AF.
I would say that making the DA*55 really blazing fast would be a really smart move : the optical is better than the Canikon (only the Nikon 58 f1.4 is really close in rendering), only the AF is slower.

And from an economic point of view : what is generating profit is high end lens and body. Not the cheap ones. Cheap is just made to attract buyer for the first time. Then you try to sell them premium.

If Ricoh would offer an operation like remove SDM and put DC motor inside SDM lens for like 300$ i think many people would accept here.
Agree for the price and the AF improvement.
But IMO a 50mm f/1.0 does not have to be killer fast in terms of AF because you will use it for portrait not sports. I think I would even use this kind of lenses in manual focus. For a f/1.0 aperture, people are ready to leitax a noctilux lens so I guess it could be sold with slow AF..
08-25-2015, 01:21 AM   #36
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,998
QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
(...) For a f/1.0 aperture, people are ready to leitax a noctilux lens so I guess it could be sold with slow AF..
???

There is no such thing as a Noctilux in Leica R mount, only Leica M.

The inner diameter of the K mount is too small, in conjunction with its register, for a f/1 lens to be feasible (the diameter of the Canon EF mount is larger and its register shorter).
08-25-2015, 01:24 AM   #37
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
Agree for the price and the AF improvement.
But IMO a 50mm f/1.0 does not have to be killer fast in terms of AF because you will use it for portrait not sports. I think I would even use this kind of lenses in manual focus. For a f/1.0 aperture, people are ready to leitax a noctilux lens so I guess it could be sold with slow AF..
Even for portraits purpose f1 is too much. You won,t have a lot in focus. It's very special.

The DA*55 is f1,4 and even at that speed the depth of filed is really short. Shorter would be a pain IMO.
08-25-2015, 05:42 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,072
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
???

There is no such thing as a Noctilux in Leica R mount, only Leica M.

The inner diameter of the K mount is too small, in conjunction with its register, for a f/1 lens to be feasible (the diameter of the Canon EF mount is larger and its register shorter).
Interesting, does this mean max. aperture is f/1.2 for 50mm in K mount ? Or slightly better?

08-25-2015, 07:37 AM   #39
Senior Member
gorme's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Galway - Ireland
Posts: 212
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
???

There is no such thing as a Noctilux in Leica R mount, only Leica M.

The inner diameter of the K mount is too small, in conjunction with its register, for a f/1 lens to be feasible (the diameter of the Canon EF mount is larger and its register shorter).
My mistake ! You are right that's an M mount ! So the only one left I know is mitakon 50 f/0.95 in FF format. But not available in K-mount.

---------- Post added 08-25-15 at 08:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Interesting, does this mean max. aperture is f/1.2 for 50mm in K mount ? Or slightly better?
Cannot find all the elements to check if f/1.0 is possible for K mount. Maybe it is between f/1.0 and f/1.1.
I don't know the maximum possible size of last element (with electronic pins) and the minimum distance between the last element and the sensor (I would say that it should be around the same than for Nikon F mount, like 38mm). If you have this, you can do the computation : Présentations diverses, par Pierre Toscani in section 3 (just use some arctan)
08-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
drougge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Malmö
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 787
QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
Cannot find all the elements to check if f/1.0 is possible for K mount. Maybe it is between f/1.0 and f/1.1.
I don't know the maximum possible size of last element (with electronic pins) and the minimum distance between the last element and the sensor (I would say that it should be around the same than for Nikon F mount, like 38mm). If you have this, you can do the computation : Présentations diverses, par Pierre Toscani in section 3 (just use some arctan)
That page appears to consider only symmetric lens designs. Wouldn't a more complex design allow a smaller rear element with the same aperture?

Regarding the distance, whatever it is it's not longer than on Canon EF, it's just the flange that's further away. There are several M42 lenses that work fine on film Pentax K cameras but hit the mirror on Canon EF cameras.
08-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,072
Thanks gorme, yes it should be very close and no worse than Nikon's F mount, K's having about 1mm physical flange less.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brand, demand, diameter, element, f/1.0, leica, lens, lenses, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, sdm, stand, survey, users, wich
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Au salon de la photo 2011, samedi 8 octobre 2011 à 14h clover Travel, Events, and Groups 2 09-08-2011 03:50 PM
Salon de la Photo benjikan Pentax News and Rumors 17 10-03-2007 01:10 PM
Salon de la Photos, Paris? benjikan Photographic Technique 6 08-05-2007 02:57 PM
Salon Photo benjikan Pentax News and Rumors 4 07-26-2007 06:09 AM
Pentax France Announces "The Photo Salon" Paris 2007 benjikan General Talk 0 04-21-2007 06:03 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top