Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Great thread. But as we all are aware, In most cases it is up to the buyer for the store and the store management which brands to sell. Management will tell the sales staff to push a certain brand and offer better incentives because of the margin of markup. Cameras don't really have a great retail margin on sales as you would think for any store.
In the case of Ritz and Wolf camera stores, the home company management is truly at fault for the quality of their personnel. (check out their application for employment) when they look for new employees and check their applications the age and the pay expected is their first issue. (If you can get a warm body for min. wage compared to experience for a few cents more then they will always go with a warm body (no experience required) for a cheaper wage.

I applied to Ritz a few months ago. I have sales and camera experience and know customer service. (I was not hired) Instead of experience they hired a kid still in high school with no experience and no knowledge of cameras or sales. I received a call later in the week from the store manager and was told, although I have the experience and would be great for the position his district manager requested him to higher the kid because he would work cheaper.

It's not to say I'll never shop in a Ritz or Wolf store but I sure won't ask any questions of the staff. If you don't see it on the shelf then go to their web site and check to see if they carry the product. If you like the inflated price then buy it on line. (free shipping and no tax)