Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I have come to the end of the Internet.

Attachment 107831
Congratulations!!! I've been voting about 1 to 1-1/2 hours per night and still haven't found the end.

11-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #137
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote
Congratulations!!! I've been voting about 1 to 1-1/2 hours per night and still haven't found the end.
I have no life.
11-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #138
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have no life.
Me either, too.
11-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #139
Veteran Member

WOW good job! I'll get there in about another 2 weeks I think..

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I have started a Flickr account and this seems to be a better place for "depositing" pics ... agreed there too.
Flickr is good, so is Picasa (or Google+ which makes you a Picasa account anyways). I find Google+ fantastic for image display.

11-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #140
Veteran Member

I have no life.
LOL!!!
11-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #141
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
Flickr is good, so is Picasa (or Google+ which makes you a Picasa account anyways). I find Google+ fantastic for image display
I, on the other hand, upload straight from my computer. I don't need any middle software to screw things up. And I use PSE9 for saving as jpeg from RAW.
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #142
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Browsing the collection, I like this much more than the previous PPG. I found the old flash site to be slow and buggy, frequently running into scripting errors.

Is it just me or have they done something to the compressionon the images? They don't seem to look as good IQ (or PQ if you prefer) wise.
11-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #143
Pentaxian

Attachment 107831
WOW!!!

I've spent hours voting since the site was relaunched and wondered how long it would take to get through all the voting but it seemed like the photos were just coming back around for a second (or third) round of voting so I conceded defeat and talked to my family instead.

11-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #144
Site Supporter

Attachment 107831
Makes you think about the end of "Matrix" !

JP
11-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
Is it just me or have they done something to the compressionon the images? They don't seem to look as good IQ (or PQ if you prefer) wise.
I think this is exactly their problem.. I don't know what method/program they are using to scale the images.. but it sure isn't up to the task.. it's like they got the coding from facebook for resizing images... which is atrocious. Hence why Google+ using Picasa is a FAR better setup. Flickr is good too, especially since it's easy to pop in and see the full size image or resize of your choice. I keep plugging through hoping to get to the end.. one day! I haven't got to vote on my own pics yet, so maybe they fixed that... or I'm not there yet, either could be possible.
11-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #146
Veteran Member

OMG when will thos voting END! I keep throwing down my votes when I get a chance.. it just never seems to end. . not as many butterflies now.. but lots of 4th of July fireworks...
11-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #147
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
OMG when will thos voting END! I keep throwing down my votes when I get a chance.. it just never seems to end. . not as many butterflies now.. but lots of 4th of July fireworks...
I hit the end yesterday morning. I've voted several times since then and the end has always been east to find. It was a real struggle to get to the end the first time, though.
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #148
Veteran Member

Still no end.. I think someone has an unhealthy attraction to this "Renee" and a dangerous lighting option of striking a match close to the eyes.. I'm waiting to see a picture when she has a patch on one eye..
11-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #149
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've just had a series of images approved - so thanks to all those who have been voting

I've done a bit of voting myself and there are a lot of images which just simply aren't very good. I know getting people to vote is hard ,and making the system more complicated than 'yes or no' might put people off, but I was wondering if there could be a way of providing some feedback to those who are submitting particularly low grade images.

I can't think of a way this could be done without the risk of abuse or making the process of voting long winded. Maybe just being able to see the proportion of yes's and no's might be helpful.
11-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #150
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
I've just had a series of images approved - so thanks to all those who have been voting
How long did it take for them to get approved? I uploaded some pictures on Oct. 24th and they are still pending. I never used the old flash site so I don't know how long these things take.