Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
How long did it take for them to get approved? I uploaded some pictures on Oct. 24th and they are still pending. I never used the old flash site so I don't know how long these things take.
The old site could take an age.

Strangely I submitted mine on the 24th as well - I submitted 10, 8 were approved today at some point and 2 are still pending.

This was faster than the old site if I recall correctly - although until the relaunch I hadn't submitted for a while. Under the old system I had had images from a batch get approved then some stay pending for ages only to get rejected eventually and others to get approved after further waiting.

11-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
The old site could take an age.

Strangely I submitted mine on the 24th as well - I submitted 10, 8 were approved today at some point and 2 are still pending.

This was faster than the old site if I recall correctly - although until the relaunch I hadn't submitted for a while. Under the old system I had had images from a batch get approved then some stay pending for ages only to get rejected eventually and others to get approved after further waiting.
My first approval just came through.
11-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #153
Veteran Member

wow.. guess I have another week to wait then!
11-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Error

We're sorry, you hit your upload limit of 5 photos for the week.

i didnt realize it changed from 10 down to 5 per week. wow, this site is a real moving target, lol.

11-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #155
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
22" Samsung LCD @ 1680x1050. And onboard memory less than 256 is not going to get even that close on a CRT.
I rescently bought Fujitsu P27T-6 with 2560 x 1440 and that is an amazing screen.
11-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #156
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
I've just had a series of images approved - so thanks to all those who have been voting

I've done a bit of voting myself and there are a lot of images which just simply aren't very good. I know getting people to vote is hard ,and making the system more complicated than 'yes or no' might put people off, but I was wondering if there could be a way of providing some feedback to those who are submitting particularly low grade images.

I can't think of a way this could be done without the risk of abuse or making the process of voting long winded. Maybe just being able to see the proportion of yes's and no's might be helpful.
Enabling the option of commenting on the images being voted on would surely help people improve their images. I've voted no on a number of otherwise good images that have been let down by dust spots etc. that would be easily fixed.
11-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
My first approval just came through.
Congratulations!
11-09-2011, 01:15 AM   #158
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Enabling the option of commenting on the images being voted on would surely help people improve their images. I've voted no on a number of otherwise good images that have been let down by dust spots etc. that would be easily fixed.
I've seen ones like that. It's frustrating because as you say a little extra thought in post-processing and they'd be great.

Crooked horizons is another similar easily fixed 'fault' (obviously sometimes this is a deliberate choice).

11-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #159
Veteran Member

So far there is 10 images in the gallery from the Q.
I would have voted thumbs down on all of them except one.
11-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #160
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
So far there is 10 images in the gallery from the Q.
I would have voted thumbs down on all of them except one.
Hmm, see what you mean, they might have been desperate to get Q shots into the gallery
( although none if the Kerrick James shots are really bad, IMHO)
11-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #161
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
although none if the Kerrick James shots are really bad, IMHO)
He is one of the few official Pentax sponsored guy if I'm not mistaken. The pictures are not bad, I like a few of them although I found the violin girl picture a bit gratuitous IMHO.
11-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #162
Veteran Member

I agree, they aren't brilliant are they? Kerrick James' image of the butte and storm is the best one there. That lady's out of focus fisheye image of the bush is a bit of a shocker!
11-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #163
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
He is one of the few official Pentax sponsored guy if I'm not mistaken. The pictures are not bad, I like a few of them although I found the violin girl picture a bit gratuitous IMHO.
Yes, I assume his entries were "by invitation" and not regularliy submittted. The violin girl was the least impressive to me too.

But that fisheye shrubbery shot - did the knights who say Ni vote that in??
11-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #164
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Yes, I assume his entries were "by invitation" and not regularliy submittted. The violin girl was the least impressive to me too.

But that fisheye shrubbery shot - did the knights who say Ni vote that in??
And did someone have to cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with..... a herring?
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #165
Pentaxian

I see there's a Panoramic category now. Is the food category also new or have I not been paying attention for the past 3 years?