Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow, that's a new addition.. 2 of mine should have been in there.. even though only one looks it., the other is 6 pics (3x2) so it's protective isn't really changed.. just the amazing amount of detail on the full image

11-11-2011, 05:21 AM   #167

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I have come to the end of the Internet.
Me too )
last couple of days during 30 min.
Attached Images

11-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #168
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone here:

Question 1:
Voting ... voting .... then all of a sudden, the picture doesn't show except for a large black frame with a small red "x" on the top left of where the image should show.
This has happened three times for the past week or so when going to the Voting section.
The rest of the PPG works fine.

Any idea anyone?

Question 2:

How long have you been waiting until a photo was finally accepted under the new PPG?

Cheers.

JP
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Anyone here:

Question 1:
Voting ... voting .... then all of a sudden, the picture doesn't show except for a large black frame with a small red "x" on the top left of where the image should show.
This has happened three times for the past week or so when going to the Voting section.
The rest of the PPG works fine.

Any idea anyone?

Question 2:

How long have you been waiting until a photo was finally accepted under the new PPG?

Cheers.

JP
1. It hasn't happened to me since the server maintenance last week. I think some pictures may have been corrupted or failed to upload. If reloading the page doesn't load the picture just vote it down and another picture should come up.

2. The first 5 I uploaded took two weeks. The second five have now taken longer.

11-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
1. It hasn't happened to me since the server maintenance last week. I think some pictures may have been corrupted or failed to upload. If reloading the page doesn't load the picture just vote it down and another picture should come up.

2. The first 5 I uploaded took two weeks. The second five have now taken longer.
Thanks!

Well, I've reloaded the page ... same thing: black frame with the red "x".

As for the wait period for a picture to be accepted/rejected: I've submitted only one sinle shot since the new PPG came into effect and it has now been a full three weeks ... still pending.

As a side note: my pictures look awful ! The details are lost and they look pretty much like a bunch of P&S shots !
JP
11-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #171
Veteran Member

I continue to put in around 30 min. every evening and I'm still not at the end... I was almost tempted to tell my four year old to "click on the green ones for the pictures she likes and red for the ones you don't" and let it fly.. But I then I figured if people did that we could end up with lots of poorly OOF pictures of flowers center composed..

I've probably had 8-10 shots that came up as black X's (lost or corrupted image) and I too just voted them down.. I can't vote yes for something I can't even see!
11-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
I continue to put in around 30 min. every evening and I'm still not at the end!
Back several months ago when I was caught up, it would take me about that much time each day just to stay current. I think you may just be treading water.

11-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #173
Veteran Member

well shyte.. I was hoping I'd be getting ahead.. maybe they need to have a 3 pic limit per week..
11-16-2011, 05:02 AM   #174
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
Still no end.. I think someone has an unhealthy attraction to this "Renee" and a dangerous lighting option of striking a match close to the eyes.. I'm waiting to see a picture when she has a patch on one eye..

Everyday I keep seeing more and more photos of ladybugs in grass. When will I reach the end....? lol
11-16-2011, 05:31 AM   #175
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Montoya Quote
Everyday I keep seeing more and more photos of ladybugs in grass. When will I reach the end....? lol
I just thought there would be no end to sand dunes, I'd rather prefer a ladybug then, thank you!
11-17-2011, 12:21 AM   #176
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I just thought there would be no end to sand dunes, I'd rather prefer a ladybug then, thank you!
Good point. Ladybugs were nicer...
11-17-2011, 02:58 AM   #177
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
Good point. Ladybugs were nicer...
Actually, I voted thumbs up for one of the ladybugs, since IMHO it was an extraordinary well-composed image
11-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #178
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Montoya Quote
FWIW, my ladybug pic got accepted. I think I may have finally found my groove.

11-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #179
Veteran Member

I've started slacking off already. probably never find the end of it at this rate! But I finally have 1 accepted and the others still pending. I haven't even hit the lady bug section.. I haven't sat down and plugged consistently to find bulk amounts of anything lately.

I think they should have submissions maybe lowered to 2-3 a week, this could help by making people pick only their absolute best to submit, as well as the seeming-less never ending stream of pics to vote on... pictures would be accepted/declined faster if more people could keep up, and by decreasing the total number allowed per week I think is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by Chex; 11-17-2011 at 10:02 AM.
11-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #180

I'm sitting at 3 1/2 weeks on awaiting the fate of an image I posted. Seems almost as if they are getting more submissions then expected again. Either that or less help in the voting process.

Also as a heads up, Something within PPG has a memory hole in it's design. After being logged in for a couple of hours the brower was using up 1gb of memory on its own.
That was with IE9 at the time but I was able to replicate a similar result within FF7.

Last edited by Scorg; 11-17-2011 at 11:29 AM.