Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #226
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just wondering, does PPG gets any eyeballs other than from we Pentax users?

12-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #227
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
BTW, is there any way to see the photo metadata (title etc.)? Or to have a deep link to one particular photo?
You mean other than clicking on the i in the carousel? I don't think so.
12-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #228
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm thinking something is wrong again. I submitted a photo on the Dec. 25th and today, Dec. 27th, it came back declined. Two days?
12-28-2011, 04:18 AM   #229
Veteran Member

Did it have your own watermark/name on it, or break any other of the rules?

12-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #230
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
Did it have your own watermark/name on it, or break any other of the rules?
Nope.
12-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #231
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I mentioned the other day that they are going much quicker now. I have had a few photos accepted in as little as three days and have also had some rejected in two days. I wonder why the sudden picking up of the pace? Fewer submissions this time of year or something?
12-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #232
Veteran Member

They may have changed the algorithm.

E.g., if the early votes tend towards a clear direction, they could make the decision early too. Or they preview a user's submissions and eliminate duplicates. Just my two cents.

12-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #233
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
They may have changed the algorithm.

E.g., if the early votes tend towards a clear direction, they could make the decision early too. Or they preview a user's submissions and eliminate duplicates. Just my two cents.
My take is that it's totally electronic now. No one at Pentax is making the final call. Could be because of the holidays, but my submissions from the week have been on a regular every other one acceptance/decline pattern. Granted it could be the photos, but it's just suspiciously quick and "uniform".

Last edited by 6bender; 12-28-2011 at 11:04 AM.
12-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #234
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I'm thinking something is wrong again. I submitted a photo on the Dec. 25th and today, Dec. 27th, it came back declined. Two days?
funny, i got lazy and submitted a B-list pic, knowing it wasnt my best work, and it got declined in about 2 days, just as you described. haha, they are good.
12-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #235
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PPG

I was both surprised and delighted when 2 of the 3 images I uploaded were approved by PPG. As a newbie,I'd like to understand a little bit about the history of PPG, who judges the images, should I feel really great about having images accepted, are there "politics", etc. Thanks in advance.
12-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #236
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hman Quote
I was both surprised and delighted when 2 of the 3 images I uploaded were approved by PPG. As a newbie,I'd like to understand a little bit about the history of PPG, who judges the images, should I feel really great about having images accepted, are there "politics", etc. Thanks in advance.
QuoteQuote:
Your Photo Gallery > Understand the Submission ProcessReturn to Photos

1. Your photo has been submitted to the PENTAX artist voting queue
2. Artists will approve or deny a photo, based upon technical proficiency and artistic concept, including compositions, color, subject & form
3. If your photo is generally liked and accepted by the community, it will be publicly displayed in the PENTAX Photo Gallery
4. If the image is in breach of the PENTAX Terms of Use, PENTAX reserves the right to remove the image at any time
5. On the artist dashboard, you can track an image through the submission process
There shouldn't be any politics because the voting process is anonymous. But the voters seem to be very anti-dog and pro-cat.
12-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #237
Veteran Member

I had an image that I submitted yesterday evening approved this afternoon. Something has definitely changed. I'm grateful and I think this particular image is worthy, but I would really like to understand what has changed and how it may or may not affect the quality of the gallery.
12-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #238
Veteran Member

I think PPG should publish the new rule if they have. Because we voters have the rights to know it.

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
I had an image that I submitted yesterday evening approved this afternoon. Something has definitely changed. I'm grateful and I think this particular image is worthy, but I would really like to understand what has changed and how it may or may not affect the quality of the gallery.
12-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #239
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
...the voters seem to be very anti-dog and pro-cat.
Good one.
P.S. Last year I had two images of my cat in already. Now I'm tempted to submit more
01-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #240

Wow - I submitted a photo YESTERDAY and it's already approved this morning. That's a new experience for me! Here it is: Pentax: Smoke and Mirrors