Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Norwegian pentax representative answering questions on akam.no

I just stumbled on an online Q&A session at the Norwegian camera site akam.no going on right now. If anyone here has a question for pentax, you might go there and ask it (if you speak Norwegian) - or you could post it here and I will pass it on (in Danish, but he would understand... )

I don't know how long he will stay "on air" though...

Oh, and going through the questions that have been posed so far, his most frequent answer is "We will just have to wait and see what future strategy Ricoh has in mind for Pentax"
Particularly, he gives that answer to anything to do with plans for new products...

Questions for Scandinavian translation, anyone?

10-26-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks for the pointer! The positive: Pentax seems to actually do something on the Norwegian market again (for the first time since Fovi was in charge?). The negative: Not much information to gather from the answers... But I didn't expect him to reveal news from ongoing Ricoh strategy meetings ;-)
10-26-2011, 06:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Ask him about full frame please
10-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #4
Dan
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Ask him about full frame please
He was asked about full frame, and here is his response:

"Under the Hoya umbrella the strategy was to continue with APS-C based cameras (in addition to medium format). We must now wait and see what strategy the new owners (Ricoh) will follow."

Not very useful!

Dan

Last edited by Dan; 10-26-2011 at 07:04 AM.
10-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #5

Honestly that's probably the correct answer though. That probably WAS the plan of penny pinching Hoya and Ricoh just took the helm only days ago. They probably REALLY DON'T have a plan for full frame. They could come up with one if Ricoh wants to venture the dollars, and in my opinion Ricoh probably will. But at this point they probably have products in development and are working to put the finishing touches on whatever is coming this next generation. Look to late 2012 and maybe we'll hear some Ricoh based announcements.
10-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, the Q&A session is over now - but luckily someone did ask him that one. Not that he gave much of a response. Here is the original question and answer, with my translation below:
--------------------------

K2 fullformat
Spørsmål fra Ivar Ola Opheim:
Etter alle navnene med K i kombinasjon med tall, elller bokstaver, lik det som Pentax hadde da de kom med K-fatningen på midten av 1970-tallet; når kommer K2?

Den blir vel da i fullformat, siden det nå er K7, K5 eventuelt K3 og K1 i cropformat.
Svar:
Hei Ivar Ola,

det er vanskelig å svare på dette, -vi har ihvertfall ingen info om hva fremtidige modeller vil hete. Alt jeg kan si, er at den nye eieren (Ricoh) jobber med en strategi fremover, og vi vil nok få en oversikt tidlig til neste år, tenker jeg.

Mvh,
Helge

------my translation---------

Q:
"Now that we have seen all the names with K combined with number or a letter, like Pentax did when they introduced the K-mount in the mid 1970's; when do we get K2?

I assume this will be full format, since we now have K7, K5, eventually K3 and K1 in crop format"

A:
"Hello Ivar Ola,

That is a difficult one to answer - we certainly do not have any information on the names of future models. All I can say is that our new owner (Ricoh) is working on a future strategy, and I expect we will see a roadmap early next year.

Best regards,
Helge"

-------------end of my translation-------------

Generally, that is how he answered ALL questions to do with future products. But at least the fact that he expects to see a roadmap early next year sounds promising? (Given that they will share it with us! )
10-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Asking Pentax reps from anyplace except Japan is waste of time. They know less than us on net forums...

10-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
At this point I am just glad to see someone talking. As long as they make a camera that will auto focus. I will be in line.
Pentax has a long road ahead. Basically starting over. We will know the plan in a couple of years. Words say NOTHING period.
Now that I have a good system I am going to root for Pentax. No use looking back.
10-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #9

ask him about Pentax SDM Converter
10-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #10
Veteran Member

ask him when they gonna sell those beautiful strap, which they sell only in japan market?

its an easy job rather than full frame things.

10-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
ask him when they gonna sell those beautiful strap, which they sell only in japan market?

its an easy job rather than full frame things.

Not trying to get off topic but do you have a link to one of the straps?
10-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

is it Pål? I heard about the k-x and k-5 from a swedish rep way before there was rumors on pentaxforums. Only problem was that he described the k-5 as a model below k-7 with the k-x spec, I guess it was rumors within pentax he shared with me, and i bet theres alot of real info being leaked among the people at pentax, and when you talk with someone far away from the source he'll leak.

Cant remember exactly what he said but it has been posted here before k-x was released by roland mabo who quoted my info.
10-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Not trying to get off topic but do you have a link to one of the straps?
?????/PENTAX ?????????? | PENTAX

10-31-2011, 03:27 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
fikkser: It was Helge Rose, the Norwegian official Pentax importer. The transcript is here:
NETTMØTE: Se hva Pentax svarte leserne - Akam.no

The whole Q&A lasted just two hours, and he basically dodged all questions about future products (I guess he didn't know much more than we do!)

I thought the most interesting point was when he said he expected a roadmap outlining the future product strategy in "early 2012". That's soon. Of course he might be over-optimistic...
11-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Emptyness abounds

I guess he didn't answer anything... contra to the heading of this thread.

Most of the stuff on forums is basically fantasy... the letter to Pentax Europe for instance... is totally empty. I prefer Zen/Chan emptiness from this crazy stuff... at least I can get my heart into that.

- Hsin Hsin Ming:Richard Clarke - MindgazerWiki

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
fikkser: It was Helge Rose, the Norwegian official Pentax importer. The transcript is here:
NETTMØTE: Se hva Pentax svarte leserne - Akam.no

The whole Q&A lasted just two hours, and he basically dodged all questions about future products (I guess he didn't know much more than we do!)

I thought the most interesting point was when he said he expected a roadmap outlining the future product strategy in "early 2012". That's soon. Of course he might be over-optimistic...