Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #136
Senior Member
Ben E's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Israel
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 177
QuoteOriginally posted by StepOne Quote
Now there's the gap (i think)

Google Translate
But that was released in 2009. Maybe if they rereleased it to work with K-mount also it might be a very likely possibility.

11-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #137
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben E Quote
But that was released in 2009. Maybe if they rereleased it to work with K-mount also it might be a very likely possibility.
Ricoh to make 16MP APS-C GXR zoom module: Digital Photography Review
12-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #138
Senior Member
Ben E's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Israel
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 177
But is that what they were planning on doing with Pentax? Just improving their own Ricoh line?
12-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #139
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,115
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben E Quote
But is that what they were planning on doing with Pentax? Just improving their own Ricoh line?
Agree, that would be really sad.

Moreover, this doesn't count as "plugging a gap in the market". It's more: "Plugging a gap in your own marketing lineup."

12-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #140
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,425
Do you realize we only have one vague statement made by some Ricoh UK manager? It probably refers to Ricoh's camera division and does not have to include Pentax.
I'm quite sure Pentax Ricoh Imaging Company's plans are broader than just plugging gaps
12-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #141
Senior Member
Alcazar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 212
afaik there's a gap in the consumer camera market...

a lot of consumers want to upgrade from their point and shoots to improve on image quality, but dslrs are not the right solution for them (big, complicated) - they have now the alternative of evil cameras.
so far so good, but a lot of consumers don't care about changing lenses, instead they would like a bigger sensor!

so... the gap would be a bridge camera (fixed zoom lens) with a apsc sensor... correct me if i'm wrong but i think bridge cameras all have tiny sensors...
or see it from a different point, a sony nex with a fixed lens.

what do you think? all of this is not really a market i have an eye on, so sorry if this already exists or my thought is not anything new at all..
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #142
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,425
A Sony R1?
12-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #143
Pentaxian
aleonx3's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,873
QuoteOriginally posted by Alcazar Quote
so... the gap would be a bridge camera (fixed zoom lens) with a apsc sensor... correct me if i'm wrong but i think bridge cameras all have tiny sensors...
or see it from a different point, a sony nex with a fixed lens.
In the eyes of the newbies coming from the P&S, an entry level (any brand) aps-c DSLR with a super-zoom like 18-200/250 would be the 'bridge' camera with bigger sensor... never have to change lens at all.

12-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #144
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
QuoteOriginally posted by Alcazar Quote
afaik there's a gap in the consumer camera market...

a lot of consumers want to upgrade from their point and shoots to improve on image quality, but dslrs are not the right solution for them (big, complicated) - they have now the alternative of evil cameras.
so far so good, but a lot of consumers don't care about changing lenses, instead they would like a bigger sensor!

so... the gap would be a bridge camera (fixed zoom lens) with a apsc sensor... correct me if i'm wrong but i think bridge cameras all have tiny sensors...
or see it from a different point, a sony nex with a fixed lens.

what do you think? all of this is not really a market i have an eye on, so sorry if this already exists or my thought is not anything new at all..
I think you are right on this. Fuji is coming with such a camera with 2/3" sensor, so that is one step ahead. I think that most people will learn that a big sensor has the disadvantage that not everything in your scene is sharp, like with those nice little sensors. Something in between would sell.
12-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #145
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 2,951
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
A Sony R1?
Exactly, remember the Sony DSC-R1... This gap was once filled.
12-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #146
Senior Member
Spare Tire's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montréal
Posts: 120
You never change lenses with the GXR
12-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #147
Forum Member
detritus's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 54
QuoteOriginally posted by Spare Tire Quote
You never change lenses with the GXR
u do if u're using the A12 mount.
12-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #148
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,114
QuoteOriginally posted by Spare Tire Quote
You never change lenses with the GXR
Wrong. Lenses and sensors. And a lot of lenses with M-mount.
12-09-2011, 03:38 AM   #149
Senior Member
openyourap's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canberra - you get used to it.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 164
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
In the eyes of the newbies coming from the P&S, an entry level (any brand) aps-c DSLR with a super-zoom like 18-200/250 would be the 'bridge' camera with bigger sensor... never have to change lens at all.
Problem being that 250 is only 7x magnification of the APS-C normal field of view. Not exactly "super-zoom" (if you're after that kind of thing). Big magnification and zoom range are an inherent strength of small formats, just like wide angle and narrow depth of field are a natural fit for large formats.
12-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #150
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AUS
Posts: 3,262
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Moreover, this doesn't count as "plugging a gap in the market". It's more: "Plugging a gap in your own marketing lineup."
That's generally how marketeers think, though: Our Marketing Lineup = The Market.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, frame, gap, market, mirrorless, nikon, pentax news, pentax rumors, plug, ricoh
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your "Park Bench" "or "Picnic Table" images tessfully Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 1347 1 Day Ago 12:52 PM
Who has a camera with "Pentax Ricoh Imaging Company" on the bottom label? Asahiflex Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 10-19-2011 04:28 AM
Cityscape A rather "fishy" X'mas market in Bath, UK chaude Post Your Photos! 5 12-15-2010 12:54 PM
Ricoh "P" lens jonhock Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 19 01-14-2010 11:06 PM
K200D and D-BG3 - "grip gap" or mixed batteries? CalendarGuy Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 2 02-04-2009 04:39 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top