Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #106

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Changing sensors like we used to change film...interesting...
we may want to change the form factor once in a while

11-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackseh Quote
Of the camera or the sensor? If the latter, pixels are so thick upon the ground that we can call that change of form factor "cropping".
11-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jackseh Quote
so every couple or threee years they launch GXR Ii or whatever, compatible with prior mountors/lensors but with ne form and functionality
then i can decide between that lovely FD mountor and a new grip lol
11-12-2011, 02:15 AM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Don't get all wobble-in-the-pants over this prospect. Pentax still makes lenses. Yes, Ricoh announced the M-mountor. Yes, expect a K-mountor. But don't expect Ricoh to make a FD- or NI- or other mountor that would cannibalize Pentax lens sales. Ability to mount M-lenses won't really eat Pentax lens sales; FD is another story. IMHO we're more likely to see 3rd-party adapters for Canon, Minolta, Konica, others to fit the M-mountor.

11-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #110

M mount is still not the shortest. I think they should have introduced a ricoh dumb mount with shortest ever flange focal distance and then a dumb adaptor for all the other mounts available (EF, F, K, M42, M, contax G, kiev/contax, you name it). They could have shipped it with an M adaptor as default.

I have a nice set of Contax G lenses (arguably better than Leica) i can't use on the M mount GXR but can on the sony E mount. They just lost a customer there.
11-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #111
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Re: Gap in market

I'm not sure what it will be but from what I can figure out from the coyness of peope I have spoken to that may know is that it won't be a DSLR and that there isn't really any great update for the K-5 yet that would make people want to upgrade. So I think the K-5 is here for another year and this new camera will be something new. Which I think will be a larger mirrorless.
11-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #112

QuoteOriginally posted by Spare Tire Quote
M mount is still not the shortest. I think they should have introduced a ricoh dumb mount with shortest ever flange focal distance and then a dumb adaptor for all the other mounts available (EF, F, K, M42, M, contax G, kiev/contax, you name it). They could have shipped it with an M adaptor as default.

I have a nice set of Contax G lenses (arguably better than Leica) i can't use on the M mount GXR but can on the sony E mount. They just lost a customer there.
I think you have a great point. IMHO, Ricoh and Pentax are great at keeping customers, whereas Sony is great at stealing customers.

Those Contax Gs are amazing aren't they.
I got a 45/2 Planar T* lens that beats any of my pentax primes in sharpness at roughly half the price tag of a FA 43 !

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
so every couple or threee years they launch GXR Ii or whatever, compatible with prior mountors/lensors but with ne form and functionality
Better ergonomics would be a plus; yes!

Last edited by jackseh; 11-19-2011 at 03:22 PM.
11-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #113
Inactive Account

Is it possible that the K-5 may be the successor to its values ​​anymore?
I fear the worst, I am looking for the best.
11-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #114

QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Is it possible that the K-5 may be the successor to its values ​​anymore?
I fear the worst, I am looking for the best.
Rephrase?
11-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben E Quote
Rephrase?
I think what he is trying to say is that K-5 is a successor to Ford Pinto.
11-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #116
Pentaxian

And so, it begins.
Pentax is now sponsoring Dijon FCO (a French football team playing in League 1). I found an announcement only in Japanese, maybe the French are not awake yet
????????????????????FCO?????????????????PENTAX

Last edited by Kunzite; 11-22-2011 at 12:24 AM.
11-22-2011, 02:04 AM   #117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And so, it begins.
Pentax is now sponsoring Dijon FCO (a French football team playing in League 1). I found an announcement only in Japanese, maybe the French are not awake yet
Interesting choice. That club is in the League 1 for the first time, and the club colors are all-red for home matches. Perfect combination for Pentax, not only because Pentax is really very big in France.
11-22-2011, 03:07 AM   #118
Banned

A good start. Making smart choices to sponsor some sports without spending the real big bugs can give you an excellent exposure.
11-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #119
Inactive Account

Thank you for your interest in my phrases. In fact I am interested in the Pentax's future.
11-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And so, it begins.
If you go to the FCO web site there is a Pentax banner on the right side scrolling with the K5 and the Q. the FCO webstore is offline so i couldn't look at the jerseys, maybe its down to put up new jerseys with the Pentax Logo (I'm more of a PSG fan, but I'd buy the Dijon jersey just for the Pentax logo I think )