Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice, good to see some marketing money being thrown down.. now how about in north america?

11-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well they did take the Banner ad on the New York Times online front page the other week.
11-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #123
Veteran Member

wow... as good as that is.. it's one week of advertisement.. compares very poorly with sponsoring a televised sports team for an entire season and having your name thrown on front and back of the jersey. but I as the saying goes.. "It's better than a kick in the ass with a frozen mukluk"... There are lots of advertising opportunities.. hell even a giant billboard along a busy stretch of road can be better than 1 week in new york times.. because the paper disposable.. Most people will see that advertisement once or twice and then it's gone. Now if they have a campaign and have a 1/2 or full page ad inside the paper week after week for 6 months to a year, that would also do better than a cover shot one week. I just hope they get a chance to expand their market share in these currently tight times.. I think aggressive pricing will have to happen by all of the makers with the global economy on the downturn again.
11-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
wow... as good as that is.. it's one week of advertisement.. compares very poorly with sponsoring a televised sports team for an entire season and having your name thrown on front and back of the jersey. but I as the saying goes.. "It's better than a kick in the ass with a frozen mukluk"... There are lots of advertising opportunities.. hell even a giant billboard along a busy stretch of road can be better than 1 week in new york times.. because the paper disposable.. Most people will see that advertisement once or twice and then it's gone. Now if they have a campaign and have a 1/2 or full page ad inside the paper week after week for 6 months to a year, that would also do better than a cover shot one week. I just hope they get a chance to expand their market share in these currently tight times.. I think aggressive pricing will have to happen by all of the makers with the global economy on the downturn again.
I imagine that type of thing will come with the new product announcements. it's probably a co-ordinated attack. Rumours of the new product have been almost non existent (except for the ones we all generate here) Hitting with big product announcements followed up with Advertising from all sides makes sense. sponsorship deals for premium teams are harder to come by. the promotion of DFC gave them an opportunity. (and as Ron pointed out elsewhere
"DFC = Digital Fullframe Camera
That would explain the new sponsoring"
lol

11-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #125

Well there is a gap in the market; a fixed zoom lens pocketable compact with a Nikon 1 sized sensor.

Market:

- People that want the best possible IQ in pocketable compact with zoom function.
- LX5, XZ-1, EX1 buyers
- People who want a serious compact to go with their DSLR
- People who bought a DSLR for the IQ of the sensor size and seeing their camera isn't getting much use due to it's size and settle for a smaller sensor and no lens interchangebility.
11-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #126
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CSpronken Quote
Well there is a gap in the market; a fixed zoom lens pocketable compact with a Nikon 1 sized sensor.
Fuji just released a super zoom with a 2/3" sensor. Problem is, it's heavy as a DSLR.
11-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #127
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Fuji just released a super zoom with a 2/3" sensor. Problem is, it's heavy as a DSLR.
Well they just put in a little to much zoom wich makes it heavy. I do like their idea of using a bigger sensor for their compact camera's to make them better then any smart phone.

11-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #128

Seriously, I just want to see a K-3 :ugh:
11-26-2011, 01:33 AM   #129
Inactive Account

Let's hope that RICHO make any toy cameras.
K-5, but a more sophisticated version of Viella.
11-26-2011, 03:03 AM   #130

I'm not talking about a super zoom. 24-60mm tot 24-96mm would do. As said it's about as much image quality in a pocketable body with some zoom capability.
11-26-2011, 03:21 AM   #131
Banned

I'm not talking about a super zoom. 24-60mm tot 24-96mm would do. As said it's about as much image quality in a pocketable body with some zoom capability.
Well my brother bought just that last week. It is called Olympus E-PL1 with 14-42mm kitlens. Since they only bought that, the lens will never leave the camera making it a nice and small set.

On the other hand I do see there is a market for a bigger sized sensor into the compact series to distinct them from iPhone's in the future. Fuji's 2/3th is a good choice and using an even bigger sensor does make sence to me.
11-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #132
Pentaxian

Sounds like you may want a Fuji X10, then... The 2/3" sensor of the new Fujis is not very far from the Nikon "CX" (1") format.
11-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #133

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well my brother bought just that last week. It is called Olympus E-PL1 with 14-42mm kitlens. Since they only bought that, the lens will never leave the camera making it a nice and small set.

On the other hand I do see there is a market for a bigger sized sensor into the compact series to distinct them from iPhone's in the future. Fuji's 2/3th is a good choice and using an even bigger sensor does make sence to me.

The 14-42mm lens is to bit to fit in a cargo pants pocket.

Sounds like you may want a Fuji X10, then... The 2/3" sensor of the new Fujis is not very far from the Nikon "CX" (1") format.
Indeed the X10 is close. Petty that the lens protrudes just a tiny bit too much to fit in a cargo pants pocket.

Don't mean to nitpick but being pocketable makes it unique, if not that there already quite a few options.
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #134

Now there's the gap (i think)

Google Translate
11-29-2011, 02:58 AM   #135
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by StepOne Quote
Now there's the gap (i think)

Google Translate
I think so...