Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #136

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StepOne Quote
Now there's the gap (i think)

Google Translate
But that was released in 2009. Maybe if they rereleased it to work with K-mount also it might be a very likely possibility.

11-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #137
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben E Quote
But that was released in 2009. Maybe if they rereleased it to work with K-mount also it might be a very likely possibility.
Ricoh to make 16MP APS-C GXR zoom module: Digital Photography Review
12-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #138

But is that what they were planning on doing with Pentax? Just improving their own Ricoh line?
12-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben E Quote
But is that what they were planning on doing with Pentax? Just improving their own Ricoh line?
Agree, that would be really sad.

Moreover, this doesn't count as "plugging a gap in the market". It's more: "Plugging a gap in your own marketing lineup."

12-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #140
Pentaxian

Do you realize we only have one vague statement made by some Ricoh UK manager? It probably refers to Ricoh's camera division and does not have to include Pentax.
I'm quite sure Pentax Ricoh Imaging Company's plans are broader than just plugging gaps
12-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #141

afaik there's a gap in the consumer camera market...

a lot of consumers want to upgrade from their point and shoots to improve on image quality, but dslrs are not the right solution for them (big, complicated) - they have now the alternative of evil cameras.
so far so good, but a lot of consumers don't care about changing lenses, instead they would like a bigger sensor!

so... the gap would be a bridge camera (fixed zoom lens) with a apsc sensor... correct me if i'm wrong but i think bridge cameras all have tiny sensors...
or see it from a different point, a sony nex with a fixed lens.

what do you think? all of this is not really a market i have an eye on, so sorry if this already exists or my thought is not anything new at all..
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #142
Pentaxian

A Sony R1?

12-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alcazar Quote
so... the gap would be a bridge camera (fixed zoom lens) with a apsc sensor... correct me if i'm wrong but i think bridge cameras all have tiny sensors...
In the eyes of the newbies coming from the P&S, an entry level (any brand) aps-c DSLR with a super-zoom like 18-200/250 would be the 'bridge' camera with bigger sensor... never have to change lens at all.
12-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #144
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Alcazar Quote
afaik there's a gap in the consumer camera market...

a lot of consumers want to upgrade from their point and shoots to improve on image quality, but dslrs are not the right solution for them (big, complicated) - they have now the alternative of evil cameras.
so far so good, but a lot of consumers don't care about changing lenses, instead they would like a bigger sensor!

what do you think? all of this is not really a market i have an eye on, so sorry if this already exists or my thought is not anything new at all..
I think you are right on this. Fuji is coming with such a camera with 2/3" sensor, so that is one step ahead. I think that most people will learn that a big sensor has the disadvantage that not everything in your scene is sharp, like with those nice little sensors. Something in between would sell.
12-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #145
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
A Sony R1?
Exactly, remember the Sony DSC-R1... This gap was once filled.
12-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #146

You never change lenses with the GXR
12-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #147
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spare Tire Quote
u do if u're using the A12 mount.
12-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #148
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Spare Tire Quote
Wrong. Lenses and sensors. And a lot of lenses with M-mount.
12-09-2011, 03:38 AM   #149

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
In the eyes of the newbies coming from the P&S, an entry level (any brand) aps-c DSLR with a super-zoom like 18-200/250 would be the 'bridge' camera with bigger sensor... never have to change lens at all.
Problem being that 250 is only 7x magnification of the APS-C normal field of view. Not exactly "super-zoom" (if you're after that kind of thing). Big magnification and zoom range are an inherent strength of small formats, just like wide angle and narrow depth of field are a natural fit for large formats.
12-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #150
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Moreover, this doesn't count as "plugging a gap in the market". It's more: "Plugging a gap in your own marketing lineup."
That's generally how marketeers think, though: Our Marketing Lineup = The Market.