Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Too Expensive...

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Great shoot Ben. Each and every shot is unique and spot on in color and shadow. Excellent lighting, perfect composition. I would enjoy taking lessons from the master.
You know...I'm getting easily...Ummmm at least 0.90 cents an hour OK....Get it..No free rides here...What the F--K do you think I am a two bit Hoe on a binge?

Aw OK i'll do yah for 0.50 cents a lesson but you buy the Dr.Pepper...and the Burger! With Cheese..and a Dill pickle on the side..Yeah and don't forget the Fries...That should do it.

The Loon

12-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Great shoot Ben. Each and every shot is unique and spot on in color and shadow. Excellent lighting, perfect composition. I would enjoy taking lessons from the master.
Yeah - I was watching all day and I am STILL not sure how he did it.

Knowing doesnt really help unless you also have the same obsessive attention to detail, complete disregard for convention, lots of creative energy and years of practice. I'm finishing my diary of the day but for now all I can say is....clever chap our Ben......
12-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

So Ben, when you flying to my neck of the woods and let me see your tricks? I'll even cook ya a meal or two for the trouble LMAO!
12-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #19
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What more can I add to the above comments other than WOW! Great gallery as well. Simply excellent work as usual Ben!!

I'll up the ante on Chris's suggestion and tell you that we have the best Lobster, Salmon Tuna and Oysters in the world here on the East Coast of Canada and I think I still have enough points left on Air Canada to get you from Paris to Halifax and back. Lol

12-15-2007, 02:29 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
You know...I'm getting easily...Ummmm at least 0.90 cents an hour OK....Get it..No free rides here...What the F--K do you think I am a two bit Hoe on a binge?

Aw OK i'll do yah for 0.50 cents a lesson but you buy the Dr.Pepper...and the Burger! With Cheese..and a Dill pickle on the side..Yeah and don't forget the Fries...That should do it.

The Loon
I'll buy the food, but how about 25 cents and I get ya drunk? I really want to take advantage.
12-15-2007, 02:32 AM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote

Knowing doesnt really help unless you also have the same obsessive attention to detail, complete disregard for convention, lots of creative energy and years of practice. I'm finishing my diary of the day but for now all I can say is....clever chap our Ben......
I know your right Steve. He's a great friend But ya know if we keep telling him things like this he won't be able to get his head through a door.

But he is a great photographer.
12-15-2007, 04:59 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote

Golly Steve I am Blushing...Your such a diplomat. You know that I am a Tyrant...

12-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Golly Steve I am Blushing...Your such a diplomat. You know that I am a Tyrant...
Yes, oh master
12-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I know your right Steve. He's a great friend But ya know if we keep telling him things like this he won't be able to get his head through a door.

But he is a great photographer.
Believe me, when dealing with all the "creative personalities" Ben works with in his business, world class bravado is a prerequisite .
12-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Ben,

I am glad I saw this post (been busy this week, little time to post). Those captures (lighting, composition, mood, etc.) are fantastic - I love the expressions, the shadows, everything! Chucky looks so evil too. You show a mastery of low lighting techniques I've yet to see anyone else do so well as you.

I don't know what else to say...

Regards,
Marc
12-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Hi Ben,

I am glad I saw this post (been busy this week, little time to post). Those captures (lighting, composition, mood, etc.) are fantastic - I love the expressions, the shadows, everything! Chucky looks so evil too. You show a mastery of low lighting techniques I've yet to see anyone else do so well as you.

I don't know what else to say...

Regards,
Marc
Thanks Marc...But

Steve gave me a quick ten minute lesson on lighting...I was so nervous that he had to press the shutter for as well...After "SHYTING" my pants and a quick shower and clean up, I was ready to go.

Thanks for all your advice Steve...

Ben
12-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Marc...But

Steve gave me a quick ten minute lesson on lighting...I was so nervous that he had to press the shutter for as well...After "SHYTING" my pants and a quick shower and clean up, I was ready to go.

Thanks for all your advice Steve...

Ben

So this means you can be had for a case of premium Canadian beer and a case of maple syrup??
12-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
So this means you can be had for a case of premium Canadian beer and a case of maple syrup??
Of course...That's a "Foreskin" conclusion.

Ben