Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2006, 03:07 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
Sounds good to me. More capital for R&D on new faster zoom lenses I hope.

01-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have taken a quick look at Hoya and posted my comments under the thread "Busting a few Pentax & Hoya myths". It is under the Pentax DSLR forum.
01-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #33

From Page5 - http://www.hoya.co.jp/data/current/newsobj-368-pdf.pdf

QuoteQuote:
(2) Organizational Structure
The structure of the integrated firm will be based on the concept of a small headquarters with
empowered business divisions. Allowing for an appropriate transition period, the new company is
expected to have a corporate center with strategic planning functions and the business divisions
outlined below. Moreover, the newly integrated company will continue to make the best possible
use of the respective brands of both HOYA and PENTAX.
• Life care area: Combining HOYA’s medical division and PENTAX’s life care division
• Optics area: Combining HOYA’s optics division and PENTAX’s optical components division
• Information technology area: The remaining business after separating HOYA’s optics division from the electro-optics area
• Eye care area: The remaining business after separating HOYA’s medical division from the eye care division
Imaging systems area: Continuing PENTAX’s imaging systems division
• New areas, other areas: Continuing other existing divisions
• Research and development: Integrating HOYA’s research and development center and PENTAX’s research and development division
If you look at page 5, it said that the "Imaging systems area: Continuing PENTAX's imaging systems division". This means that the division is left alone, at least for now.

-Pasvorn