Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You're all set (and I saw your post - very nice!), but if you want to make any edits I can open it up again if you'd like.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nope, I'm fine. Thanks! Nice huh? Cool! Considering I wrote it in the wee hours after almost no sleep that's sweet of you to say so. I did think about it for quite a while before I wrote my piece, about what I wanted to write about. So it was kind of in my brain when I sat down to write it.
12-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I've updated the rules to make the entry guidelines clearer and easy to follow. Good luck!

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #19
Pentaxian

What if it has flawless syntax, grammar, imagery, punctuation, and composition but is devoid of useful content? I'm rather good at those .....

12-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Let's try it and see!

Adam

12-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #21

A 65KB cap? Is there like a definite word limit? What about pictures we plan on including (not huge, but little 500px wide shots) to demonstrate a point.

Maybe I am making a book where others are making posts. >_>;
12-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
65k is 65000 characters, so if you take formatting into consideration and assume the average word length is 5, then you'll be able to write up to 10,000 words. Include as many pictures as you'd like! If you write a book, you might want to insert lines where you want page breaks to be, and we will then format the article using our homepage pagination system so that it's easy to read and navigate by users!

Like this one: Fixing Front and Back Focus - Introduction

Adam

12-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #23

Oooh, goodie. My limitations are far less than I initially thought.

Thankfully I used to be a journalism major before I was a photography major so I will be boiling down text to the lowest common denominator.

12-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It looks like some people are just submitting content that they're already posted or published elsewhere- to be considered, your article has to be original.

Adam

12-18-2011, 03:03 AM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It looks like some people are just submitting content that they're already posted or published elsewhere- to be considered, your article has to be original.
No worries about that. I won awards as a journalism major and rarely actually have had the time to sit down and write up camera theory in text form.
12-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #26

Photos: Albums
When published, will other users be able to comment about the content?
12-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm not 100% sure but yes that's the goal.

Adam

12-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #28

Would a article covering many things in post processing be alright (Covering some points already covered by some articles, such as Shadows and Highlights)? It may be quite long but its the thing I'm most experienced at.
12-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I don't see why not

Adam

12-23-2011, 04:56 AM   #30

Is there any chance that I could ask for two items, instead of one item? E.g. Two lenses that together still cost less than a K-5