Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Is it somehow possible to incorporate a spreadsheet file for this article as attachment?

I am thinking about an article about lens characteristics which would mostly be that easy to use calculation tool I could create and publish. It seesm there is no way to upload a zip-file or anything, which is sad as it would exclude this idea.

01-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #47
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Please post a link to it in your article, feel free to attach the zim in this thread.
01-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Thanks. Then I'll write the article text in the submission area and do a post with zip attachment here, which I'll link to from the article.
01-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #49
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Sounds good! Note that I'll be cleaning up/formatting all the articles that get published, so have no worries as far as the technical stuff goes

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Fine. Here now is the speadsheet file I need to link to from my article.

Last edited by beholder3; 08-11-2013 at 06:54 AM.
01-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #51

Just curious, what time zone are we operating by for that midnight deadline. I'm trying to put the finishing touches on the finishing touches.
01-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #52
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I believe EST was specified in thee rules, so the deadline is in one hour. Hope you can manage to get the final edits in!

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #53
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
For everyone who entered- thanks for participating! We will be reviewing and posting submissions over the coming weeks, and will announce the winners by March!

Adam

02-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #54
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Adam, I remember reading somewhere that you were considering putting the submissions to a general vote by forum members after an initial review by you and the mods. Is this still the case, or was the number of entries too large to make this reasonable?

Anyway, I hope we ended up with some good stuff!

Last edited by v5planet; 02-03-2012 at 11:28 AM.
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #55
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That's the plan, but it's TBD still.

Adam

02-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #56
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The giveaway voting process has been announced!

Holiday Giveaway Voting Phase - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Adam

02-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #57
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The first two member submissions are now up! Over the course of the coming weeks, you will see several more, and once they are all posted, you'll have a chance to vote for your favorites!

Adam

02-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
LOL...Heie's handholding article got picked up by Petapixel and Gizmodo. It's no contest already...no need to even post the rest of the articles ;-)
03-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #59
Pentaxian

[[deleted]

Last edited by beholder3; 08-11-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: [deleted]
03-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #60
DAZ
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Forums depend on content. Content brings eyes and eyes bring money. For the most part the forum members provide the content and Adam try’s to do what he can to encourage this. He also post news items and items from the affiliates. The intent is to show the affiliates value for there money and interest to the readers to get more eyes. The contest is a way to generate more interest to get more eyes but it is an extremely expensive way to do this. So I would think that Adam is using the articles to fill in on slow days and stretch out the time to get the most bang for the buck.

DAZ