Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PentaxForums.com Holiday Giveaway - Over $1000 in prizes - Biggest Giveaway to date!!

Our holiday giveaway has been officially launched- you can now post your entries! Read more here:
Holiday Giveaway Launched - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Feel free to post any questions in this thread, and let me know if you need any help.

To enter, visit:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/giveaway/

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Global?

Hi!

Is the Holiday Giveaway open to non-US members too?

Cheers!

Marq
11-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great contest, Adam! One question: Does PentaxForum.com expect exclusive rights to blog posts entered in the contest? In other words, can I publish an entry on my own website, also?
11-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yes this is open to members worldwide.

You can't submit something that you have posted online in the past, but after we feature your post, you're welcome to post in on your site as well. The only thing you give us is the right to use the article on our site at any time and for any purpose - we will maintain attribution.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #5

How is the winner chosen

I love the contest, but you need to have a set of rules (I think we all can agree)... To say the winner will be chosen by the staff and general forum membership is tremendously open ended.
11-16-2011, 05:43 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
First the staff will filter out posts that won't be published ) because their are too short, uninteresting or have other problems, and then we will see what the community thinks. In any case, if you write a solid article, you'll have a pretty good chance of winning.
11-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
First the staff will filter out posts that won't be published ) because their are too short, uninteresting or have other problems, and then we will see what the community thinks. In any case, if you write a solid article, you'll have a pretty good chance of
Are there any restrictions for length? You mention too short, what about too long?

Any other limitations?

11-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Theoretically no, but I believe there a 65kb total size limit on your html, which should be enough for several thousand words. Don't write a book, now!

But yeah, some people have posted "articles" ranging from 1 to 8 sentences in length, obviously this isn't what we're looking for.
11-16-2011, 11:10 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
First the staff will filter out posts that won't be published ) because their are too short, uninteresting or have other problems,

Including grammer?

11-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Blackberry keyboard isn't a PC keyboard, ok! Watch yourself, don't piss off the boss

But yeah, we did get a submission in which the author declined to use any capital letters. Obviously that one's gone! "i dun want crp lk that!"

Adam

11-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #11

Definitely love the review of their grammar
11-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
In any case, if you write a killer post, chances are you'll walk away with some cash. Have at it!

Adam

11-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #13

Two questions:
1. Are reviews by other members that were approved available to read?
2. Just one review per member, right?
11-25-2011, 02:14 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
No and yes

Adam

11-25-2011, 03:21 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Well, I'm not certain I completely followed the rules, but I think so. I didn't write a review of a product. I wrote about something I am passionate about when it comes to my photography. (I think that was allowed?) In this case I wrote about thinking outside the box when it comes to improvising gear et all. One of my biggest things when it comes to photography is the necessity of improvisation. How much being able to do that can add to the enjoyment of doing photography. I don't think that people should be limited by their equipment or lack thereof. I love a good splurge on new camera gear as much as the next person, but I'm always seeing posts on the various boards where people sit there and basically limit themselves by what they don't have, instead of using what they do have, and improvising what they can in the meantime. I do hope my little blurb was useful anyway, particularly to those like myself who basically shoot on a shoestring most of the time. Non fiction writing isn't really my forte but I gave it a shot.