Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2013, 03:00 AM   #46
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh snake. You know so little about the history of Pentax. You must be new to the brand.
No need to make a rude post about it.

09-20-2013, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The men have nice . . . . calves

Anyway to resume the OP's Thread, thanks for the photos Ron.

Good to see Pentax visible on the street in a young, vibrant, growing city that appreciates them.When my wife and daughter visited (History Museum reading family wills, letters, manuscripts and such) last month they were charmed by the friendliness, youth, optimism and activity.

And my (other, younger) daughter was moved to tell me, "The men have such nice . . . . calves!" (TMI)
09-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #48
Banned

Well that's really good news. Simple, seemingly meaningless things like signage go a long, long way toward establishing credibility.
What about their questionable pricing policies?

Their pipeline/roadmap issues?

Lack of vision?

A sign won't fix that. At the end of the day, Pentax performing is what will establish credibility and I'm confident that it will not be Pentax itself that will do it. It will be Ricoh, once it sweeps out that old, stagnant blood that's been holding the company back.
09-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #49
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
OK!

Anyway to resume the OP's Thread, thanks for the photos Ron.

Good to see Pentax visible on the street in a young, vibrant, growing city that appreciates them.When my wife and daughter visited (History Museum reading family wills, letters, manuscripts and such) last month they were charmed by the friendliness, youth, optimism and activity.

And my (other, younger) daughter was moved to tell me, "The men have such nice . . . . calves!" (TMI)
It's funny, the things kids say! I hadn't noticed that myself...but it is a young city, the population is healthy, with so many outdoor activities available it's no wonder.
Even my photo club, which I thought would be more 'sedate', has a meetup coming, a hike above Winter Park to see the fall colors. Starting at 11,000 feet, a 2.8 mile uphill trek with photo gear. Not too many oldtimers (like me) signed up. Folks are friendly too, the sort of Midwestern openness that can seem rare in other cities.
Again, if you visit here anytime, give me a call (PM) and we'll get together and swap Pentax stories! I know lots of scenic photo spots and none require 2.8+ miles of walking!
Ron

Last edited by rbefly; 09-20-2013 at 10:10 AM.
09-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
It's funny, the things kids say! I hadn't noticed that myself...but it is a young city, the population is healthy, with so many outdoor activities available it's no wonder.
Even my photo club, which I thought would be more 'sedate', has a meetup coming, a hike to see the fall colors. Starting at 8,000 feet, an 8-1/2 mile uphill trek with photo gear. Not too many oldtimers (like me) signed up. Folks are friendly too, the sort of Midwestern openness that can seem rare in other cities.
Again, if you visit here anytime, give me a call (PM) and we'll get together and swap Pentax stories! I know lots of scenic photo spots and none require 8+ miles of walking!
Ron
Colorado is the "skinniest" state, I believe. Lowest percentage of obesity, etc. I'm actually moving to Georgia next year, so I have to cram as many Colorado activities as I can in the next 6 months...
09-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #51
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Moving Away?

Hey, Von, you're leaving beautiful Colorado? Sorry to hear that, buddy. Good luck with the relocation anyway. The K-7 is still ticking along, by the way, but I do have a 'previously owned' K-5 classic on the way, bought it from another PF member this past weekend.
I had to edit my previous post, I transposed the mileage and altitude, must be dizzy from this mountain air!
Ron