Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Black Friday Days: Lots of them! (instead of product announcements?)

So chances are slim that Pentax will officially announce any interesting (K-mount DSLR) items this year, but at least they didn't drop the ball when it came to holiday season discounts.

The price on dozens of Pentax and Pentax-compatible items have fallen at retailers worldwide, and every lens is readily available (for now), with the exception of the 12-24mm. If I'm not mistaken, Pentax has always been generous when it came to body discounts, but $100+ savings on lenses have been hard to come by when buying new.

No New Products: Instead, Great Deals! - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-22-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same price for the FA 31mm at Adorama $989

NaCl(not surprising, I wonder who had the low price first, those two retailers watch each other like hawks)H2O
11-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
So chances are slim that Pentax will officially announce any interesting (K-mount DSLR) items this year
So that France Pentax man was right about this at Salon the la Photo.

Nice price for that 31mm!
11-24-2011, 03:33 AM   #4

I am in Australia, sad.........

11-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The price on dozens of Pentax and Pentax-compatible items have fallen at retailers worldwide
When you say world wide Adam, you do mean World Wide (*Except for you poor saps Down Under)?
11-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #6

Hard to find good deals on Pentax
11-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by markbraggs Quote
Hard to find good deals on Pentax
Head over to the marketplace and you'll be able to find some $20-$40 M 50mm lenses- and now the K-01 is just $346- all great deals!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #8

Head over to the marketplace and you'll be able to find some $20-$40 M 50mm lenses- and now the K-01 is just $346- all great deals!
Is the K-01 going to be out of stock permanently, or just backordered temporarily? I'd hate to order it and have it canceled on me after waiting. Also, how is autofocus in comparison to the K10D? I havent been able to find comparison videos.
11-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It'll be back, it's just sold out because of the awesome price

Adam

11-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Quote
When you say world wide Adam, you do mean World Wide (*Except for you poor saps Down Under)?
And that is why we aussies shop online.

Any ideas on how long until the K-01 is back in stock Adam?
11-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Louicio Quote
Any ideas on how long until the K-01 is back in stock Adam?
Nope, but it'll likely be this week, as it's been out of stock for about a week already.

Adam

11-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
MSM
Veteran Member

I noticed the Pentaximaging.com site has them them in stock for the same price. I noticed they had not marked down the Marc Newsome designed leather case. It is still $229 USD!
11-12-2012, 06:27 AM   #13
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by markbraggs Quote
Is the K-01 going to be out of stock permanently, or just backordered temporarily? I'd hate to order it and have it canceled on me after waiting. Also, how is autofocus in comparison to the K10D? I havent been able to find comparison videos.
The focusing of the Pentax K-01 depends upon four items… 1. Whether it's a hsm or not. 2. Any action or not - preferably not, but a creative photographer could easily compensate for that. 3. The lighting on the subject. 4. Perhaps most importantly with the Pentax K-01 the aperature of the lens. Try to assure that it is faster than f5.0, but preferably f 4.5, the faster the better.
11-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

K-01 back in stock at B&H.
11-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
K-01 back in stock at B&H.
White & Yellow are back at Adorama too.