Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2007, 04:31 AM   #46
Inactive Account

The only thing I am missing from my Pentax lineup would be a real nice fast 300mm lens that I could attach a teleconverter to. Waiting to see what new stars are coming out down the line.

12-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
We need to go to a Sox game together so I can try out your new DA300mm.
You got it Budda!
12-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #48

For me it is pretty simple, I know what I want to get in the coming time...

First - 18-250 lens (Tamron of Pentax, depends on availability), as soon as I'll have spare $500 or at Chistmas, if someone will make me such gift

Second - A Macro lens 1:1. Not sure which ine yet.

Then - the Bigma (50-500) for birding.

And finally, I think somewhere near next winter, K20D, which will cost reasonable money even here in Russia at that time.
12-24-2007, 06:53 AM   #49
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The 43 was borrowed. Haven't added it to the bag - yet. Probably an after Christmas event. It is a sweet lens. Will allow the completion of the three amigos. Have actually been having fun with a 18-250 Pentax. Not the same quality as the 43, but fun. Luckily, my job allows temporary LBA indulgence without paying for it. Unfortunately, I have to play with the stuff for the job. There is no "hiding" from it.
thanks
barondla

12-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Saving up for a 12-24. Have no real desire for the new K*D, I'm still learning the K10D which is all I need at this point. It I hit the lotto I'll get some more glass, maybe even the 60-250 if it turns out OK. I also need a new computer monitor as my trusty old Sun Microsystems is developing PS problems.

NaCl(except for the 12-24 I'm pretty set with everything I need)H2O
12-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #51
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Salty, That's a great lens for the wish list. Mine can sometimes sit dormant but for broad landscapes, it's great. Yesterday we had our family Christmas gathering. Parents, Uncles, Aunts and my 2 sisters and brother with their families. I took the *istD, AF400T and my Sigma 12-24 (of course a bunch of other lenses but none got out of the bag). It's such a perfect length for indoor shooting. You can get larger room shots and really close portraits. I've never been a fan of the distorted look from a fisheye and this lens can produce some of that look but it's controlable. FF FOV is 122 degrees. Sharp with great colour. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
12-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #52
Ed in GA

Wow!!!! What am I going to buy?

Well, I just got a K10D which should last me for quite a while. I have the DA* 16-50 which should outlast the next two or three bodies I get (if I get any new ones at all).

So, I can see either the DA* 50-135 or the DA* 60-250 around this time next year.

What I can't buy is either the time to get out and use what I already have or the talent to utilize my equipment to it fullest capability.
12-24-2007, 10:10 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
Wow!!!! What am I going to buy?

Well, I just got a K10D which should last me for quite a while. I have the DA* 16-50 which should outlast the next two or three bodies I get (if I get any new ones at all).

So, I can see either the DA* 50-135 or the DA* 60-250 around this time next year.

What I can't buy is either the time to get out and use what I already have or the talent to utilize my equipment to it fullest capability.
Ed, I can certainly agree with you about the time thingy. I'm now working 6 days a week, and my weekday commute is 4 hrs/day. Which gives me precious little time for anything! As for your talent comment, I beg to differ, I've seen many stunning captures come from your camera. What you need to do is win the lotto so's you have enough time to practice more!

NaCl(and yes, I buy my lotto tickets)H2O

12-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #54
Veteran Member

No more bodies.:)

With all the new gear coming out, bodies and lenses... what are you going ot buy first? Will you opt for the new bodies if they are in fact readily available next month (or there abouts) or will you wait for the new glass coming out? Personally I think I will be opting for the glass.
I have 6 Dslr's, so i don't need another camera.

I'm torn between the DA 50-135 or wait and get a 60-250. Both are good FL for equine work.

The DA 300 looks interesting to.

Dave
12-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #55
Inactive Account

For the moment, I would like a Pentax-M 20mm F4, Pentax-A 28mm F2.8, Pentax-A 35mm F2.8, and the Tamron AF70-300mm F4-5.6 Di LD Macro. Generally, I don't shoot too many zoom shots, so the primes along with my Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 will cover the super-wide to normal range. Then, when I have the money, I would like to buy the three DA Limited pancake lenses to replace the older primes.
12-24-2007, 03:41 PM   #56
Inactive Account

Will Probably Skip 1st Generation

Will you opt for the new bodies if they are in fact readily available next month (or there abouts) or will you wait for the new glass coming out?
I would be interested to see exactly how great the new sensor is, but am not interested in a 'D3 size' or price if that is the case. But if the results are worth it I could easily be convinced to change my mind as my DS doesn't have SR or a simple ISO setting button and that is nagging at me. If the less-expensive, smaller camera doesn't have a non-SONY sensor (as I understand it doesn't), I will wait 'til the new sensor advantages filter down to an affordable level. Again, after reading the manuals and seeing some pictures I could change my mind.
What I really want is a smaller 'pancake' camera, AA's, and higher dynamic range, 6MP would be fine... If Pentax does 6 cameras in 2008, I'll probably end up with one of them. Until then I need to fill the gap between my DA70 and Voigtlander 180, with a 100 or 125mm macro, probably a Pentax. But, I will be making no purchases until believable, verifiable rumours about the second and third generation cameras starts floating around and they have featuresI really want.
However, I'm really worried about the economy right now. That is trumping anything Pentax can do.
12-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #57

I'm surprised how few people posted here about getting the new body. I just got a k10d, now that it has reached an unignorable price level, so I too seem to be set for a while...