Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd suggest the Mods close this thread as it has outlived it's original purpose.
In hindsight, reading post #1 of this thread that was first started by 123K10D, it is clear it was complete BS.
Certainly it call to question whether all other post by the OP can be trusted.

02-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #212
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I'd suggest the Mods close this thread as it has outlived it's original purpose.
In hindsight, reading post #1 of this thread that was first started by 123K10D, it is clear it was complete BS.
Certainly it call to question whether all other post by the OP can be trusted.
The camera that the user saw, was the K20. As it was likely a very early sample, the video mode might have sounded like it was shooting very fast.

The user later met this well known Pro from the area, and talked about that chat on the forum. Most of the specs mentioned; were confirmed by other users on the board, who had already seen and held the K20.

On the topic of old threads, I have a great deal of fun going through older stuff in the film forum. It is still very relevant, and I believe there is an option to show that these are older threads popping up.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I saw Big Foot earlier tonight, but I didn't have a Pentax FF camera to get its photograph. It was gone by the time I got the film in the 6x7. The image wouldn't fit my aps-c sensor. It was 7' tall and hairy.
02-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #213
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
This thread could be deleted without any detriment to the knowledge base.
Ah, but what about that old adage about learning from history / doomed to repeat it / etc?
02-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #214

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One thing this old thread did make me wonder, did Ben ever say what camera he looked at? was it the k20 or something else?

02-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #215
Veteran Member

Close and deleting the thread are two different things. Please close
02-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #216
Veteran Member

Rumours are rumours and romours go on and on.
This is what this thread is for.."news and rumours".
As for me, I'll wait and not buy the old models.
Once the specs that I like come up, then would be the time to buy like crazy..hehe.
02-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #217
Inactive Account

Hope it become true... so K10 and K20 will be cheaper and I could get one... Take film is too hard for this time... Hehehe
02-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #218
Veteran Member

If that's your only hold-up I wouldn't wait much longer. The K20D will probably drop a little more but I think the K10D is about as cheap as it's going to get for a while.

I'm actually kind of glad this thread popped back up because I missed it on the first go-round. It gave me a little insight into how much weight to put behind current insights, predictions and posturing from some of the participants.

My initial elated reaction, before I realized the age of the thread, was also a needed reminder that Pentax's PMA presence may very well dissapoint me again this year but it will only affect the performance of my current K-mounts if I let it get into my head. I made a business commitment to Pentax that I've got to believe in until my business model demands that I change horses. I just can't afford to hang my emotional hat on future models and let the potential for disapointment taint the joy of shooting with the equipment I already own.

02-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #219
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shuie Quote
One thing this old thread did make me wonder, did Ben ever say what camera he looked at? was it the k20 or something else?
Yeah, Ben, what is your track record on predictions so far? What was the camera you handled? I haven't been around awhile, what are you forecasting for PMA? What was all this UFO and black granite talk about?

-Matt
02-19-2009, 05:12 AM   #220
Veteran Member

Thread closed. This thread is really no longer relevant.
Closed Thread