Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Ben, have you SEEN the new cameras?
I'm in NDA land until the Press Conference...Like I said "I saw a UFO really close up..."

Sorry Guys.

Best Wishes
Ben

12-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Hey Ben The date is Jan. 24 Do you know where and at what time will it be posted? Or a round about time. When I was a kid it was hard to waite for Christmas now as an adult I'm really anxious about Jan.24th. Thanks Jim
12-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

New Rumor, Ben's had the pleasure of at least handling the camera

I hope that you like what you saw through that UFO's view finder Ben.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the pictures when your allowed to post them.
12-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jimbo65 Quote
Hey Ben The date is Jan. 24 Do you know where and at what time will it be posted? Or a round about time. When I was a kid it was hard to waite for Christmas now as an adult I'm really anxious about Jan.24th. Thanks Jim

I can't speak for the rest of the world but I suspect that all of the conferences will be choreographed to come in at the same time around the world.

Relax...It is all good.

Happy Holidays and Hug a Friend.

Love to You All
Ben

12-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
New Rumor, Ben's had the pleasure of at least handling the camera

I hope that you like what you saw through that UFO's view finder Ben.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the pictures when your allowed to post them.
Well finally, it is nice to know that I'm not the only one who believes in UFO's..
12-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #21
Veteran Member

My question: why didn't you take a photo or a video of what you saw???!!!!

Even if you don't have your K10D with you at that time (surely, this would be unforgivable as a Pentaxian ), you must have a camera phone?
12-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I don't have a camera phone.

And for the most part If I had the opportunity of seeing the event I wouldn't take their pictures out of courtesy.
Unless I was asked to by them.

12-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
My question: why didn't you take a photo or a video of what you saw???!!!!

Even if you don't have your K10D with you at that time (surely, this would be unforgivable as a Pentaxian ), you must have a camera phone?
LOL, posting it would've been the digital equivalent of spotting Bigfoot or Lochness. Just enough detail to recognize a form but not enough to have any solid conclusions lol. Then we'd have the pixel peepers the conspiracy theorists and the janitors swinging mops and kicking buckets over (like they do at the other place) lol would've been hilarious.
12-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #24
Inactive Account

Who knows, I might actually have to upgrade my DL finally I'm still waiting for actual pictures of and from the new cameras and trying not to get overly excited from the hype (hype is bound to disappoint)...

Either way its good news for Pentax and the rest of the camera market. As long as they can keep innovating, it'll drive the rest of the market to do something - we all win
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 123K10D Quote
Wasn't going to post this, because I thought, "what the hell would Pentax be doing, trialing a new camera in Brisbane, Australia?.. nope, I saw what I saw, and the DA*50-135 is a VERY distinctive lens - which I have actually used
ahahaha, i had a glance at your location, and that's what I first thought. A brand new camera, in Toowoomba of all places??
Looks like I'll be keeping my eyes open down here in Sydney
12-17-2007, 11:41 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
LOL, posting it would've been the digital equivalent of spotting Bigfoot or Lochness. Just enough detail to recognize a form but not enough to have any solid conclusions lol. Then we'd have the pixel peepers the conspiracy theorists and the janitors swinging mops and kicking buckets over (like they do at the other place) lol would've been hilarious.
Hah, next thing you know, someone will be posting grainy videos of the new Pentax in the distance. I can just imagine a video crew running around in some remote forest with nightvision gear. Trying to catch the "elusive Pentax wildlife camera". All they ever get is the sound of a high fps shutter in the distance and some "analyst" goes on about how it's distinctive from all the other high speed shutters out there.

The truth is out there...
12-18-2007, 12:13 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
Hah, next thing you know, someone will be posting grainy videos of the new Pentax in the distance. I can just imagine a video crew running around in some remote forest with nightvision gear. Trying to catch the "elusive Pentax wildlife camera". All they ever get is the sound of a high fps shutter in the distance and some "analyst" goes on about how it's distinctive from all the other high speed shutters out there.

The truth is out there...
You are hired! You don't happen to work in advertising do you? What a cool commercial that would make.
12-18-2007, 12:32 AM   #28

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 123K10D Quote
T
Wasn't going to post this, because I thought, "what the hell would Pentax be doing, trialing a new camera in Brisbane, Australia?.. nope, I saw what I saw, and the DA*50-135 is a VERY distinctive lens - which I have actually used.
I believe it.

When the K10D was being tested, there was a post from Ned Bunnell, (IIRC), suggesting that Sydneysiders should keep a look out for Japanese Pro photographers with the new Beta body.

Of what ethnic origin was the shooter with the suspicious new camera body ?

bazz.
12-18-2007, 01:54 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Oh Ben when you're at it, could you confirm the rumour a little bird told me about the weather sealings present not only in the K10D replacement?

You can't? Oh sorry, well we'll see ...
12-18-2007, 02:58 AM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
To sum it up..What you saw was akin to a solid piece of finely ergonomically carved black granite. It didn't look like an after thought design wise...
UFO's?? Black granite?? - Ah ha! - Those mysterious black monoliths of course (as described by Arthur C Clarke in 2001, 2010, 2061 and 3001)!
Closed Thread