Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2007, 11:04 AM   #76

QuoteOriginally posted by SLC Flyfishing Quote
Well RiceHigh, according to you we won't even have a new DSLR announced in January. Do you wish to retract that statement?
Just ignore the troll and he will go away again.

12-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #77
Inactive Account

I swear, somewhere, there's a Pentax marketeer reading this, rubbing his hands together and saying "Good, good..." over and over to himself.
12-21-2007, 11:55 AM   #78
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
I swear, somewhere, there's a Pentax marketeer reading this, rubbing his hands together and saying "Good, good..." over and over to himself.
Of course, who do you think starts all these rumours anyway....
Great test balloons to see what we want and how high our tolerance is for waiting. Look at Ben's thread. Something like 35,000 views on a whisper of something coming sometime. This thread is 5 days old and has had 7100 views.
12-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
It won't be as good neither if so.
You know Rice...I have read ''some'' of your rhetoric and it amazes me that you have not been banned from this site...Why? Because as I read through these posts almost everyday, it is ''obvious'' that you are here for two reasons....make it three..
1) To create strife in a peaceful forum...
2) To recruit people over to your blog, so you can poison peoples minds with your nonsense...
3) To troll around and do what trolls do...troll.. Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So perhaps it is time for the leadership here at this wonderful peaceful forum to take notice and give you the boot...

12-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
You know Rice...I have read ''some'' of your rhetoric and it amazes me that you have not been banned from this site...Why? Because as I read through these posts almost everyday, it is ''obvious'' that you are here for two reasons....make it three..
1) To create strife in a peaceful forum...
2) To recruit people over to your blog, so you can poison peoples minds with your nonsense...
3) To troll around and do what trolls do...troll.. Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So perhaps it is time for the leadership here at this wonderful peaceful forum to take notice and give you the boot...
Got to disagree with you. Beside the free speech thing I want him around when the K20D is available for review. Watching somebody eat crow is always fun.
12-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
It won't be as good neither if so.
Do you mean that if it's not expensive enough, it won't be good enough?

I sure hope you never work for Pentax...
12-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #82
m8o
Veteran Member

Ya, that reply comes from the same camp as teachers grading papers in high school or college based on how far they fly when you throw them down the stairs; the ones that go the furthest get an A. Same thinking, if it's expensive it's got ta be great!

12-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Got to disagree with you. Beside the free speech thing I want him around when the K20D is available for review. Watching somebody eat crow is always fun.
You dunno RiceHigh ...
12-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #84
Veteran Member

RH...Wanna Bet?

RH...How much money do you have?????

I say JANUARY...All your gear against mine...Wanna have some fun? Let's Bet!!!

Ben
12-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I was going to make a comment re:

the fact that you would be betting your stuff against a lot of "defective" Pentax equipment but will leave it alone, for now.
BTW: I was at dp review and saw this:
Canon France gets nasty: News Discussion Forum: Digital Photography Review
Canon france's general manager seems to be very hot tempered because he suddenly withdrew all advertisements in a magazine which dared to publish less than laudative comments on the focussing performance of the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III.

The magazine, Chasseur d'Images, reaches an estimated readership of 1.000.000 and it is safe to say that all french speaking photographers now know that buying a 1Ds MkIII may be a risky thing.

The magazine can survive without Canon advertisements but I wonder about the effects of this decision on the career of that particular manager.
Maybe this fellow is looking a new career as an arm wrestler ?

War in France heating up??????
12-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #86
Pentaxian

Can I get some side action on this bet?
12-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
the fact that you would be betting your stuff against a lot of "defective" Pentax equipment but will leave it alone, for now.
BTW: I was at dp review and saw this:
Canon France gets nasty: News Discussion Forum: Digital Photography Review
Canon france's general manager seems to be very hot tempered because he suddenly withdrew all advertisements in a magazine which dared to publish less than laudative comments on the focussing performance of the Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III.

The magazine, Chasseur d'Images, reaches an estimated readership of 1.000.000 and it is safe to say that all french speaking photographers now know that buying a 1Ds MkIII may be a risky thing.

The magazine can survive without Canon advertisements but I wonder about the effects of this decision on the career of that particular manager.
Maybe this fellow is looking a new career as an arm wrestler ?

War in France heating up??????
And Chasseurs d'Images really likes Pentax gear, based on value for the buck.
12-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #88
Veteran Member

OK - I'll be over in May. Can I place my bet on Ben and collect the euros later? I know Ben is gonna kill him.. RH will never go for it though, he photographs graphs, CA, his genitals, etc..
12-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #89
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
OK - I'll be over in May. Can I place my bet on Ben and collect the euros later? I know Ben is gonna kill him.. RH will never go for it though, he photographs graphs, CA, his genitals, etc..
I'm putting some big money on Ben. Let's step up the competition. Ben's 3 worst shots against RH's 3 best. Ben will still win.

Tom. That cracked me up. Spent a fortune on Xmas today and I really needed the laugh. Even the mighty Voigtlander 125 with extension tubes couldn't find those.... still laughing....
12-21-2007, 11:28 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SLC Flyfishing Quote
Well RiceHigh, according to you we won't even have a new DSLR announced in January. Do you wish to retract that statement?
*WHEN* DID I make the statement you refer?
Closed Thread