Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
like so many others have said in this and other threads...I still would like to see some pictures RH took with his Pentax. I mean, he did call himself a pentaxian not that long ago....and he certainly doesn't sound like one to me.....

12-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #107
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RH is why the "ignore filter" was created (aka "twit filter" for those old timers who started as BBS users). If any are interested and don't know, view an objectionable poster's profile and you'll find the link there. I'd post it, but imagine that might be cause for a ban itself. Any Mod, by all means tell me if not, as I've thought many a time to follow every post of said poster spewing hate, p*ssing all over the hardware we hold dear, with a link to that feature.
12-22-2007, 11:28 PM   #108
mer

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Hey Ben, whaddya plan to do with the 5D you'd be getting *when* (not "if") you win?
Trade it with a pentax k20d ... what else ?
12-23-2007, 02:16 AM   #109
Forum Member

Re:

No offense RH but even Klaus of photozone.de posted his impression of you and hes the most level headed reviewer around...

RH's reply

QuoteQuote:
>Don't buy the K10D now as its replacement is said to be coming in fall January. Wait for its replacement, which hopefully will get some of the numerous K10D weaknesses and bugs get resolved. Yes, it is cheap right now but it is not worth to invest, IMHO.
Klaus' reply

QuoteQuote:
I'm not a Pentax fan but what are the "numerous weaknesses" of the K10D ? Actually I can't anything which I'd classify as a real "weakness" (apart from the Pentax lens lineup). It has some minor annoyances for sure - the RAW button comes into mind but nothing that I'd loose any sleep over (well, the efficiency of the anti-dust mechanism maybe).

I'm really wondering why you don't comment on the Canon weaknesses in the local Canon discussions yet when a "Pentax" appears in the subject you keep on rolling. Sorry to say this again but this is more than obvious.
The guy is a 4/3 admirer but even he cant ignore your obvious bias against Pentax. You can call yourself alot of things RH but objective is not one of them.

Here is the thread which started with a guy asking what dslr to buy a K10d or an e-510.

Show Message

12-23-2007, 05:13 AM   #110
Veteran Member

"A Door Stop?"

QuoteOriginally posted by mer Quote
Trade it with a pentax k20d ... what else ?
I need a door stop.I'm kind of jaded and my crystal "Swarovski" one is too "Posh" for my taste. The 5D might just do the trick...
12-23-2007, 06:03 AM   #111
Kim

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
*WHEN* DID I make the statement you refer?
Well as Pentax is supposed to be dead they shouldn't really make any announcements.

Also K20D is not true.

Very likely no new Pentax DSLRs.

I'm pretty sure that you also wrote on photozone forums that no new Pentax cameras are cming as they have no money, pentax is dead, pentax can't keep up with others, pentax is unable to design cameras or what ever ****ed up reasons you always come up with. I just can't be arsed to find it. Of course it is possible that you never wrote anything like that. Or anything negative about pentax ever.

We all know that you just love pentax to bits.

I wish you very unhappy christmas and unfortunate new year. All this because I love you and I'm your biggest fan.
12-23-2007, 07:33 AM   #112

QuoteOriginally posted by Kim Quote
I wish you very unhappy christmas and unfortunate new year. All this because I love you and I'm your biggest fan.
Kim, that was not nice...

I would never wish RH bad luck or health as he is a fellow human being. I would never wish bad things to anyone.

The best way to deal with TROLLS(RiceHigh) is to:

a.) Prove them wrong. - with RH everything he writes is from his fantasy world.

OR:

b.) Ignore them. - not responding makes them so tired they crawl back into their little hole in the ground and disappear. By fueling a trolls agenda, it is an open invite to make them come back.

I just choose to ignore him for the most part. Just like I ignore Dpreview.

12-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kim Quote
Well as Pentax is supposed to be dead they shouldn't really make any announcements.

Also K20D is not true.

Very likely no new Pentax DSLRs.

I'm pretty sure that you also wrote on photozone forums that no new Pentax cameras are cming as they have no money, pentax is dead, pentax can't keep up with others, pentax is unable to design cameras or what ever ****ed up reasons you always come up with. I just can't be arsed to find it. Of course it is possible that you never wrote anything like that. Or anything negative about pentax ever.

We all know that you just love pentax to bits.

Well Sales are UP..I handled the new stuff...and...
12-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #114
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Well Sales are UP..I handled the new stuff...and...
Ah, but for the vicarious joy of knowing Ben has handled the new stuff. Let's hope he was gentle and loving.
12-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #115
Veteran Member

RH
I will simply repeat what I said earlier...

You know Rice...I have read ''some'' of your rhetoric and it amazes me that you have not been banned from this site...Why? Because as I read through these posts almost everyday, it is ''obvious'' that you are here for two reasons....make it three..
1) To create strife in a peaceful forum...
2) To recruit people over to your blog, so you can poison peoples minds with your nonsense...
3) To troll around and do what trolls do...troll.. Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So perhaps it is time for the leadership here at this wonderful peaceful forum to take notice and give you the boot...

RH...Why are you even here? I would think that the sight of all the Pentax logos and UFO's would depress you...Why punish yourself?...Folks here from I have read are pretty tired of your nonsense....I mean, folks are even bringing your own words from other websites here Your very own words are condemning you...
12-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #116
Pentaxian

Ben, a question which I think, would not brake your NDA:
Not owning one (or more) K10D (lt's imagine that), would you buy consider buying a "K200D"? Would it corresponds to your shooting habits/style/needs ? Or would you only consider "K20D" ?
12-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #117
PDL
Pentaxian

Why is this thread centered on RH?

It should be about Pentax not some sad little person. I read his comments as a cry for attention - then ignore them, so let's get back to talking about Pentax.

I will not buy the next version of Pentax anything unless it has a beer bottle opener included and the AF point is directed by where I look in the viewfinder.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL
12-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #118
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=PDL;138754]Why is this thread centered on RH?

It should be about Pentax not some sad little person. I read his comments as a cry for attention - then ignore them, so let's get back to talking about Pentax.

I will not buy the next version of Pentax anything unless it has a beer bottle opener included and the AF point is directed by where I look in the viewfinder.

Enough of this PENTAX Talk...Let's talk about...

SEX Baby, Lets talk about you and me, lets talk about all the good things and the bad things that can be lets talk about SEX...

OK...Back to reality.

Ben
12-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #119
Kim

QuoteOriginally posted by equinox Quote
Kim, that was not nice...

I would never wish RH bad luck or health as he is a fellow human being. I would never wish bad things to anyone.

The best way to deal with TROLLS(RiceHigh) is to:

a.) Prove them wrong. - with RH everything he writes is from his fantasy world.

OR:

b.) Ignore them. - not responding makes them so tired they crawl back into their little hole in the ground and disappear. By fueling a trolls agenda, it is an open invite to make them come back.

I just choose to ignore him for the most part. Just like I ignore Dpreview.
Yeah I know it was not nice and that I should have just ignored him. I do ignore him most of the time, but he just doesn't want to leave us alone so I kinda boil over from time to time.

But on a more positive note I took some nice pics with my K10D last night and when I'm back home after christmas I will post them here for all to see.

I think we all should pay Ben a surprise visit and ask if could play with his new toy(s).
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #120
Veteran Member

the funniest thing on this thread was RH calling himself a Pentaxian.....ROFLLMAO

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
.....US PENTAXIANS......
Closed Thread