Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I need a door stop.I'm kind of jaded and my crystal "Swarovski" one is too "Posh" for my taste. The 5D might just do the trick...
I knew you wouldn't trade the 5D for a K20D... of course, it's for a totally different reason you're keeping the 5D.

In any case, K20Ds are easily available for you, you only need to ask.

I wish we were as lucky.

12-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #122
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
...it amazes me that you have not been banned from this site...Why?
My guess is because the forum owner and moderators here are eminently kind people and as level-headed as Klaus is over at Photozone.de.
12-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #123

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 123K10D Quote
The weirdest bit was this - the D3 shooters were chimping every now and then. But the Pentax shooter didn't chimp once, in the 5 minutes I saw him shoot god knows how many shots, he didn't check a single frame - from the back at least - maybe he was reviewing them in the viewfinder? Don't know. And this guy was the lead photog, he got first dibs at every op, and the others all deferred to him.
I hope to god the reason for the lack of chimping wasn't due to the new Pentax DSLR having a video mode.

I've read rumours of a new additional file format and also of an increased frame rate. Please don't let it be explainable by something corny like Divx recording.

Just voicing my fears out loud I guess.

bazz.
12-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #124

QuoteOriginally posted by Kim Quote

I think we all should pay Ben a surprise visit and ask if could play with his new toy(s).
hehe What would Ben do if everyone here showed up at his door in 2008 just to say hi? His wine bill for the party he would have to throw would cost him err... Pentax a few Euro

At least we could try to find his secret stash of Pentax products to be released in 2011! You know, the K10,000D with the combination removable Blue Tooth LCD/ Bottle opener / Antigravity Self extracting Tripod.

12-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #125
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by equinox Quote
hehe What would Ben do if everyone here showed up at his door in 2008 just to say hi? His wine bill for the party he would have to throw would cost him err... Pentax a few Euro

At least we could try to find his secret stash of Pentax products to be released in 2011! You know, the K10,000D with the combination removable Blue Tooth LCD/ Bottle opener / Antigravity Self extracting Tripod.
You left out the gyro stabilizer that is built into the grip. You don't even need the tripod between that and the 17 stop Shake Reduction advantage.
12-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #126
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by equinox Quote

the one he is hiding is the one that requires no talent whatever to use. If they release that one he is unemployed because a chimp will be able to do his job.
12-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #127
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
jgredline, i hate to have to break it to you this way but that is in fact the lid off a Ginsu 2000steam cooker with batteries and few shot glasses taped to the underside. Looks like the strings have been "photoshopped" professionally.
OK, is this better LOL

12-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #128

So I guess it does 3d HDR in one shot, with all those lenses!
12-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #129
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah I know it was not nice and that I should have just ignored him. I do ignore him most of the time, but he just doesn't want to leave us alone so I kinda boil over from time to time.
As has been said, vBulletin (the forums software) has a useful little feature called the Ignore List.

Click RH's user name, view public profile, and once there, a little bit under the display picture is a link to "Add (username) to Your Ignore List". Don't forget to save the list.
12-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #130

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
As has been said, vBulletin (the forums software) has a useful little feature called the Ignore List.

Click RH's user name, view public profile, and once there, a little bit under the display picture is a link to "Add (username) to Your Ignore List". Don't forget to save the list.
That's only useful if everybody does it. Otherwise, you'll still get all the people replying to his posts.
12-24-2007, 12:21 AM   #131

QuoteOriginally posted by -=JoN=- Quote
the funniest thing on this thread was RH calling himself a Pentaxian.....ROFLLMAO
Also, the funny thing is that he didn't say it properly. You don't say the "s" in Pentaxians at all. That is the true sign of a non-Pentaxian!
12-24-2007, 02:08 AM   #132
Veteran Member

So, WHEN did I say about THAT K20D RUMOUR was not substantiated??

You just haven't answered my question..

Well as Pentax is supposed to be dead they shouldn't really make any announcements.

Also K20D is not true.

Very likely no new Pentax DSLRs.

I'm pretty sure that you also wrote on photozone forums that no new Pentax cameras are cming as they have no money, pentax is dead, pentax can't keep up with others, pentax is unable to design cameras or what ever ****ed up reasons you always come up with. I just can't be arsed to find it. Of course it is possible that you never wrote anything like that. Or anything negative about pentax ever.

We all know that you just love pentax to bits.

I wish you very unhappy christmas and unfortunate new year. All this because I love you and I'm your biggest fan.
12-24-2007, 06:03 AM   #133

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote

pop4, thanks!

I forgot all about this nifty little feature which does work well.

I wonder how many prototypes are out in the field right now. With video cameras and digital cameras so readibly available, its a wonder someone has not caught the Pentax version of Bigfoot in a picture yet. My guess is that it will similar in appearance to the K10D which cannot be a bad thing.

edited: due to my useless spelling.
12-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #134

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
To sum it up..What you saw was akin to a solid piece of finely ergonomically carved black granite. It didn't look like an after thought design wise...
Well the K10D is painful to hold after long periods of time, due to it's thickness so this will benefit me when working crowded environments where you've always keep a hand on camera.
12-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #135
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Claricent, Well if you find the K10D too thick and heavy, I'd suggest getting a *istD. That camera (I have one) is basically the K10d jr. Laid out the same way and almost all the same features with the notable exception of SR. Great second body. Smaller and lighter and if you are switching back and forth between bodies, it's a no brainer.
Closed Thread