Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #151

QuoteOriginally posted by ddhytz Quote
Well, does it look like Pentax K3D? :ugh:

!??!?!? What is that !??!?! Photoshop, or a dooms day machine ;-)

12-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #152

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sir_bazz Quote
I hope to god the reason for the lack of chimping wasn't due to the new Pentax DSLR having a video mode.

I've read rumours of a new additional file format and also of an increased frame rate. Please don't let it be explainable by something corny like Divx recording.

Just voicing my fears out loud I guess.

bazz.
I don't usually reply to my own posts but.....

Might be a reason the lead photographer/videographer wasn't chimping.
12-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ok, I admit I was bored.

12-28-2007, 12:28 AM   #154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Ok, I admit I was bored.
BTW where did you get those DA pics (35 macro or what is looking like one) ??

12-28-2007, 07:10 AM   #155

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Ok, I admit I was bored.

Rembrandt, Picasso and Munch also were bored
12-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #156
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
BTW where did you get those DA pics (35 macro or what is looking like one) ??

It is not the 35 Macro lens. That one is a Limited lens. These are DA* lenses: either the 55/1.4 or the 35/1.4.
My guess is that they both will be announced/released the 24th of January, possibly along with the DA* 200/2.8, DA* 300/4 and perhaps the DA* 11-16/2.8.
Hopefully we will see some roadmapped lens longer than 300mm. I hope for a 400/4....
12-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #157

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
It is not the 35 Macro lens. That one is a Limited lens. These are DA* lenses: either the 55/1.4 or the 35/1.4.
Look at the Pentax flash in that UFO picture, then you should know why those lenses seem to be so short.

12-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #158
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eReL Quote
Look at the Pentax flash in that UFO picture, then you should know why those lenses seem to be so short.
This is exactly right.
Those lenses are DA*50-135 lenses shrunk down.

There was a thread on new Pentax releases on lens, but I can't find it at the moment.
In that list there was some new * lenses coming.Perhaps someone has it readily available.
12-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #159
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OMG the K2D!!!

LOL
from DigitalFotoNetz.de :: Thema anzeigen - Gerüchte K20/K200
12-29-2007, 12:23 AM   #160
Veteran Member

Following that link there are pics of what appears to be K200D with battery grip
12-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #161
Veteran Member

sone has been having a little too much fun with photoshop...
12-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #162
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 123K10D Quote
The weirdest bit was this - the D3 shooters were chimping every now and then. But the Pentax shooter didn't chimp once, in the 5 minutes I saw him shoot god knows how many shots, he didn't check a single frame - from the back at least - maybe he was reviewing them in the viewfinder? Don't know.
The patent information I posted here ...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/17224-pentax-k20d-patent.html

would confirm the fact that your shooter would not need to take his eye from the viewfinder to chimp. ;-)

cheers,
Rick
01-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 123K10D Quote
This is what I saw. Last Sunday (at dusk) a very slick wedding photog crew - 3 photogs/1 video op. Two of the photogs had Nikon D3's, and even though the light was low, these things were hammering out shots - like 6 - 8 per second - probably ISO6400 and their 2.8 zooms.

Anyway, the third photog didn't have all the extra camera gear that the Nikon shooters had (shoulder bag thingies) and something around their necks plus headsets - like the CIA :-). He just had a camera which I'd never seen before... The new Pentax ('one' of the new models anyway).

At first I saw the back and thought it could be a D300 with a battery grip, but then I saw the front, with the Pentax logo and a DA* 50-135 on it. Cool! Anyway, all I can tell you is this:

Compared to my K10D, this was what stood out:

It has a big screen at the back.

Couldn't tell if it had a battery grip, or if it was moulded into the body, like the D3.

It was shooting at the same speed as the D3's (or near enough) - very, very fast FPS.

The weirdest bit was this - the D3 shooters were chimping every now and then. But the Pentax shooter didn't chimp once, in the 5 minutes I saw him shoot god knows how many shots, he didn't check a single frame - from the back at least - maybe he was reviewing them in the viewfinder? Don't know. And this guy was the lead photog, he got first dibs at every op, and the others all deferred to him.

If you're wondering why I didn't walk up and go "hey man! cool, is that the new K something?" - you should have seen these guys (and one girl on one of the D3's) - they looked like they were at the end of the longest day of their lives. I've never seen a group of people look less happy making a living. And they were sticking like glue to this very rich looking wedding party - not exactly an opportune time to strike up a conversation.

Wasn't going to post this, because I thought, "what the hell would Pentax be doing, trialing a new camera in Brisbane, Australia?.. nope, I saw what I saw, and the DA*50-135 is a VERY distinctive lens - which I have actually used.

If you think this is fiction, good, because I would if I'd have read this - but I saw what I saw. And I've been seriously considering getting a Nikon D3 for it's FPS and low light ability (starting to sell photos now, and pet photography is where I want to go - so, action shots in poor light are typical) - after seeing what I saw on the weekend, I'm going to put the idea on hold until Pentax anounces their new gear - hopefully, it will be cheaper than Nikons.
If the camera you saw, had the grip integrated in the body, and was shooting at up to 6-8 FPS; it could have been a prototype K1. This is now very close to K20 release, so doesn’t seem likely that they needed more input from the field, in regard to the K20.
And at a high level testing alongside D3’s, it would make more sense for it to a be top line Pentax. Anyway thanks for the info, we’ll probably see the announcement of the K1, later this year.

Thanks for the links Kim. Funny that RH writes : “Besides those Chinese websites (mainly from the mainland China) talk about new model names of K20D, K150D and K200D etc. which IMHO are most probably pure un-substantiated speculations”. But now suddenly wount stand by his statements and mongering of ill reported facts.

And interesting that even Klaus from PhotoZone is loosing patience with the blabbing and poor founded innuendoes from RH.
Anybody else don’t understand RH’s reply to Klaus : “You won't understand just because you are not truly a real "Pentax fan", so as even many other typical Pentax fanboys are.” ?!?

For my sake, the moderators can keep him here; always good for a quick laugh and shaking the head in disbelief. If there ever was an obsession, this is one. Incredible amount of time he has on his hands.

It seems RH made the bet : “it is undoubtedly that it <K10> will be too old when new model can arrive in the next few months, if any…. I originally bet that they are developing a new replacement model <for K10>, however, now it seems that it is more unlikely and unlikely to see any new stuff.”
Now others are just calling it, but he’s trying to weasel out. Always easy to put out junk, harder when one has to face the facts.
01-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #164

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
If the camera you saw, had the grip integrated in the body, and was shooting at up to 6-8 FPS; it could have been a prototype K1. This is now very close to K20 release, so doesn’t seem likely that they needed more input from the field, in regard to the K20.
I'll have to agree with this assessment, especially given that the k20d specs are out. I wonder when we'll see this for sale...

John
01-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #165

I think it's safe to say that it was not the K20D that was spotted. I would love to see a true pro body from Pentax but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Last edited by jbcampbell; 01-23-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Closed Thread