Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #61
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Plastic crap S100?
What's plastic? The S100 has a metal body. I have the S90 -- great little camera.

12-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #62

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
A D3 or an EOS 1DX aren't called bad joke though. I wonder why. Ridiculous marketing machines to scream 'yes we can do this' but nobody buys those. People get those from their agency, sure but buy it? C'mon...
Really? Nobody buys them? I know several owners of both. They decided what they wanted, went out, and bought them.

No big deal, these are pretty cheap cameras. Now a $65K med format... that's more like an actual purchase.
01-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #63
Banned

Original Poster
There is a new test for FujiFilm Finepix X10 wich has the new small sensor 1/2" that also is coming in the superzoom X-S1. So this sensor is twice the size of Q and half of the size of Nikon V1.

DxOMark - Compare cameras side by side

It is very impressive what the Q makes out of it, but still both are better. Bigger sensor, better performance. The new organic sensor from Fuji is very impressive.
01-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
It is very impressive what the Q makes out of it, but still both are better. Bigger sensor, better performance. The new organic sensor from Fuji is very impressive.
Hmm, I think the Q result is just incredible. The difference to the X10 is so small that it's probably within the error margins of their tests. The high ISO difference to the V1 is almost one stop, but then that camera has a much larger sensor. And the Q lenses have larger max apertures, so low light performance will probably be very similar in actual use...

01-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #65
Veteran Member

gazonk - yes, and to get the DOF that Q provides these larger sensor cameras would have to be stopped down even more. I think the low light performance of Q is great - I often have to choose f4 with K-5 to have acceptable DOF and that gives me ISO6400. With Q I'd get that DOF with f1.2 lens! Only if there was such a Q lens wide enough for report use...
01-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We've always had good results with our Optio W80/90 s, in bright light. But that seems to be the key with small sensors... good results in better than average light, close to the same as a DSLR, but once you get into sunrise/sunset situations which is light for producing good images, as opposed to bright light... they aren't nearly as good.