Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Last chance dreams for the new Pentax

Wow, it seems like info and sightings of the new Pentax are firming up.

It's now or never, so I'm taking a stab at what my dream camera would look like. The goal is a camera that is even more useful for landscapes and portrait work. (My interests, but also traditional strongholds for Pentax.)

Others call it the K20D -- I call it the Spotmatic D.

Here's what I would love to see:

- a new (or old) name that has more personality

- weather sealed metal body construction

- dual SD card slots, settable for auto fill and switch, or RAW on card 1, JPEG on card 2, and dual card write/access lights

- SD slots on the left side of the camera, easier to change cards while firmly holding camera with right hand grip

- support for TTL and P-TTL flash

- drive/bracketing option for automated HDR capture

- simple in-camera merge to HDR function with some tone mapping controls/presets

- combined Mirror Lock Up/Live View function with dedicated button

- threaded shutter release button for cable release

- adjustable focus correction with quickly accesible memory presets for multiple lenses

- wired/PC synch terminal for strobes

- hotshoe/synch terminal isolation for high voltage strobes

- either built-in wireless P-TTL or small/cheap wireless transmitter that can plug into the wired synch terminal

- battery grip that includes support for both li-ion battery and a tray for AA batteries

- pentaprism with 1.0x or 1.2x magnification factor and no less than 95% field of view

- switchable frame guides with frames and rule of thirds for 6x6, 8x10, 5x7, 4x5 or OFF.

- ground glass with microprism collar for focus confirmation/manual focussing

- 1.25x crop or fullframe sensor

- continued unparalleled compatibility with previous lenses

Last edited by filmamigo; 10-23-2015 at 07:21 AM.
12-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
- More dedicated buttons on the body, possible to do everything u do now in the Fn menu with dedicated buttons (wb flash etc), incuding iso wheel and of coruse permanent iso display in viewfinder.
- 100% coverage VF. Nikon d300 shows its possible on APS-C.
- all important buttons also available on portrait grip (af button in particular, what were u thinking Pentax???)
- more light weight body, still durable, carbon fiber?! Doesnt have to be smaller
- second status lcd under main lcd on the back (in addition to one on the top), 3" or bigger screen on the back
- integrated vertical grip
- All settings more customizable, this is not hard. eg: set self release in number of seconds, be able to set remote control timeout
-built in pw? Kodak SLR actually had this as an option!
12-19-2007, 01:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would like to have the same form-factor of the istD, with the weather sealed body of the K10D, SR, SDM enabled, 5fps, large buffer to fill the card in RAW, SD+CF, ability to set focus trap with AF lenses, true MLU, ability to get up from stand by, focus and shot with just one pressure of button (needed for camera traps), four user positions.