Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If a FF came out and it wasn't as good as teh K5 I'd be pretty disappointed.

12-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #17

The big question-will all the old glass work well with the FF sensor or do we need to buy all new lenses to go with the bigger sensor to get maximum quality? CCDs have traditionally had a problem with light rays that are not parallel. For this reason, digital lenses have the rear nodal point as for as possible from the sensor plane. Film does not mind the angle of incidence to the film plane, so rear nodal point is ideally the focal length of the lens away from the film plane. For Pentax to get in to FF this late in the piece will require that they can ensure quality is sufficient with the old K mount lenses of which millions are still in circulation. What is truly crazy about all the FF DSLRs on the market is that they do not have double the megapixels of APS-c format. After all, the sensor is double the size. With smaller formats approaching the 20Mp mark, FF should be approaching the 40 Mp mark. Given there is a good chance that the next round of DSLR and EVIL bodies may well have a 24Mp sensor, what is the point of lugging around heavier glass and body for the same quality image? Has anyone else picked up a Nikon D3 ? You would think it was almost as big and heavy as a Pentax 67.
12-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by George Lama Quote
Show me the corresponding new lens line-up and I will start saving money.
DFA 100 Macro WR , DFA 50 f2.8 and most DA* lenses and many DA's.

Let's not forget all the old FA, A, M, K, takumar lines.

Then there's the list of Sigma and Tamron lenses that are FF compatible.. I only see a shortage of LONG glass, but the Sigma could easily throw a PK mount on some of their other long glass to accommodate that.
12-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I would be interested in getting a Pentax FF if it becomes a reality, wonder if my Tamron 70-200 f2.8 will work properly on FF though...Has anyone tried any of the modern 70-200 f2.8 zooms on film bodies?

12-10-2011, 09:08 PM - 1 Like   #20
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't think we need another "I heard a rumor that there's a rumor going around that there might be a new rumor" thread.

Closed

Last edited by Parallax; 12-10-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Closed Thread