Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #226
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
He says a new line up of lenses are needed for mirrorless FF.
Duh, Captain obvious!

12-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #227
Pentaxian

He says a new line up of lenses are needed for mirrorless FF.
In what context was this said? Meaning, they are bringing out a new mount for mirror less FF, or was it an idle observation that mirror less FF would require new lenses?
12-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #228
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Duh, Captain obvious!
But, this is a sticking point for many members here, you know?
12-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #229
Pentaxian

But, this is a sticking point for many members here, you know?
Even a FF DSLR with a regular run-of-the-mill K-mount would need a new line up of lenses, so essentially it says nothing but the obvious (not that I expected anything else at this point).

12-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #230
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
In what context was this said? Meaning, they are bringing out a new mount for mirror less FF, or was it an idle observation?
He didn't say anything about k mount. Mr. K was asked if a new line up is needed for FF sensor and his answer was yes. Personally, I have no issues with that as long as my m mount lenses work on it.

Last edited by Fontan; 12-19-2011 at 01:08 AM.
12-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #231
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Nope, wrong. I go on adventurous trips in which I sometimes don't see a powerpllug for two weeks in a row. My K5 with a spare battery gets me through those two weeks easily. A power gulching EVIL wouldn't. I could't get 200 shot out of my NEX5. WR is also very nice to have... Which most current EVILS also lack.
For the cost, extra Lithium Ion batteries would simply be part of your pack.. like extra SDHC cards, they are small and not very heavy. I keep a 12DC to 80amp AC inverter and leave it in my vehicle which is plenty for charging batteries.. Most people are far from a plug in when out.. but most have access to a vehicle every few days. I'm mainly implying the form factor.. if they had an APS-C sensor or even a 4/3 sensor setup in a superzoom with WR, I would think it would be hard to pass up.. most have a versatile working range of 28mm up to 800mm'ish sure they lenses are not inherently fast (f2.8-f6.3 on average) but it could mean a lot of extra gear and weight would not be needed for most outings. I think the biggest PITA's would be always having to run distortion correction because of the barrel/pincushion issues of super zoom lenses. There is no way it would replace say a K-5 with a Bigma for IQ.. but having it's wide end down to 28mm equivalent compared to a 77mm is a pretty big spread in the wide end, let alone the 10x smaller the setup would be. Remember I'm talking a Superzoom and not an EVIL setup.. no removing lenses.. no extra lenses to carry!

Regardless, things are looking like FF mirrorless with new (DFA lenses I hope) glass. Suits me fine as long as the EVF is up to par.. and they sell a hot shoe attachable OVF
12-19-2011, 01:19 AM   #232
Pentaxian

Dear Fontan
Can you translate article for us as japanise is your native language =)
12-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #233
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VladimirYo Quote
Dear Fontan
Can you translate article for us as japanise is your native language =)
Nope. I am going to keep it to myself this time. You are on your own.

12-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #234
Pentaxian

?????
Up to you

I read translation here http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/

Last edited by VladimirYo; 12-19-2011 at 02:00 AM.
12-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #235
Forum Member

Nope. I am going to keep it to myself this time. You are on your own.
At least, that is good for my blood pressure.
But thanks anyway Fontan for an exciting saturday night following pentaxforum in realtime.
12-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #236
Pentaxian

The interviewer asked Mr. K this:

"So, APS-C for slr, Mirrorless for FF and 645, right?"

To this Mr. k says jokingly, "thank you for coming up with the roadmap." If this true, it will be not so popular around here . . .

To me Fuji article was very interesting. They claim their 2/3 sensor is better in resolution than any FF sensors out there. Canon is also doing mirrorless next year too.

Interesting times, I say.
12-19-2011, 02:14 AM   #237
Veteran Member

Well better resolution than any FF is one thing, how about it's low light performance and DR in comparison.. as far as roadmap for Pentax.. I think as long as they stay with their K- mount it will be just fine.
12-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #238
Veteran Member

What time is supposed announcement allegedly going to take place?

Jason

edit: just read the "announcement" and just seems to be another wishful rumor for the fantasy-minded. Usual.

Last edited by Jasvox; 12-19-2011 at 02:34 AM.
12-19-2011, 02:33 AM   #239
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
What time is supposed announcement allegedly going to take place?

Jason
There will be no announcement.
12-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #240
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Retrofocus WA lenses have small rear elements, but if using a symetrical design on the lens the rear element is usually larger.
True, but as soon as the aperture approaches the image circle, the design won't be symmetrical. A 35/1.4 has a 25mm front element which would very easily protude into the mount. And the wide lenses with their large front elements to cover the FoV aren't symmetrical.

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
looks like a good document.. if google translate only worked for .pdf's I'd be set!
It works. Copy-Paste the text from your PDF viewer into the Google translate box.

However, the result is rather unreadable this time. Which is why I didn't post the Google translation here.
Very interesting. A new FF lens line up . . . I see.
I'd appreciate if you'd not comment on things we're unable to read. I'm sure there is a discussion forum for Japanese speakers ... Or translate if it is your first language. You could start with the Google translation and just make it readable.

btw, there is a Ricoh section in the article too (I couldn't spot Pentax in it though).