Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #421
Pentaxian

You don't get my point at all. If only the defocus estimation (either as an absolute difference, or also as direction) is changed, you can't call it "software AF".

12-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #422
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
About this research, although I find this really interesting (read the whole thing some weeks ago), it would mean a totally new line of lenses...
This method works by relying on the optical "weaknesses" of a lens to estimate the amount of defocus (and thus by how much we have to refocus the lens to get proper focus).
But I think this means the camera has to know a *lot* of things about the optic... A 50/1.4 won't produce the same "defocus" than the 18-55... And I can't imagine manufacturers offering backward compatibility on something this huge for them! I mean, this is the only major upgrade carrot they will have in the coming years, and the last thing they will want is to allow us to keep our current lenses...
12-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #423
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote

About Emacs: I've never ever seen any positive note from him. Nor have I ever seen him actually post a photo in the gallery. Hé's just here to troll.
Well, I'm really fed up now with him. Ignore list here you are. Good luck with you guys trying to be good with him.
12-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #424
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
About this research, although I find this really interesting (read the whole thing some weeks ago), it would mean a totally new line of lenses...
This method works by relying on the optical "weaknesses" of a lens to estimate the amount of defocus (and thus by how much we have to refocus the lens to get proper focus).
But I think this means the camera has to know a *lot* of things about the optic... A 50/1.4 won't produce the same "defocus" than the 18-55... And I can't imagine manufacturers offering backward compatibility on something this huge for them! I mean, this is the only major upgrade carrot they will have in the coming years, and the last thing they will want is to allow us to keep our current lenses...
True, but I don't care
The MF is enough for me even with the best EVF of today. It would be even better in future without a doubt.
But I think they will add a possibility to add lens profiles in their advanced amateur/pro models just like they are doing AF adjustments today. Moreover, the profile can be computed straight by the camera with some target. At least profile for not so long primes (again, that's enough for me).

Last edited by Emacs; 12-23-2011 at 12:28 PM.
12-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #425
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrmentera Quote
Wow!

An AF-adapter for the Taks wouldnt be so hard to build. Saab V4-starter, and som belts and chains.
Beer tomorrow fikkser?

Everybody thought it was IMPOSSIBLE. Two pentaxians ACTUALLY met today, and guess who approves this? (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090911142315/uncyclopedia/images/1/1...pproves-1-.JPG)! Best rumor of the year?

))

Thank you for the beer and good night. Sleep tight, hälsa mamma!

12-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #426

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just curious, is this topic another 29 pages of nothing related to the topic? Saw no new body announced.
12-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #427
Pentaxian

What new body? Please read the proper translation (v5planet's) - nothing was promised, and Pentax is not working on mirrorless FF&645D.
Dec 19th was the publication date of the interview, by the way.

12-28-2011, 05:20 AM   #428
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
What new body? Please read the proper translation (v5planet's) - nothing was promised, and Pentax is not working on mirrorless FF&645D.
Dec 19th was the publication date of the interview, by the way.
Refer to the thread title. The "rumour" was of Pentax announcements, not general speculation inherent to the industry and imaging.
12-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #429
Pentaxian

I did. The "rumour" was based on a loose translation of Mr. Kitazawa's interview.
01-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #430
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The poll is on. If you've participated in this debate, you really should go vote: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/170327-poll-what-d...focus-etc.html