Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2011, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
It really wont matter. Lenses for APS-C or FF really can not be made small enough to be pocket-able. The advantage is not to be able to make a FF that is pocket-able, but to make a FF or even a MF that is a little smaller than the K-7/K-5. High quality glass is going to be BIG. Size is only one reason to look into EVIL.
I'm sitting here looking at my old MX sitting on the shelf. It wasn't quite pocketable either, but it was full frame, and much much smaller than modern full-frame dSLRs

Cameras have grown of course because of the need for rear LCDs, AF systems, digital circuitry, and bigger batteries to power it all. I have no expectation that a FF EVIL will be pocketable, but if Pentax can bring FF down to size by getting rid of the mirror, the prism, and the PDAF, they may end up with a hit on their hands. Just imagine, a FF camera in a body the size of a K-x or Panasonic GH2 - how cool would that be?!

12-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
...I just won't wake up out of this nightmare...

I just cancelled my order of 2 DA lenses... Just untill more is known.
Luckily your remaining DA 35ltd macro should work fine on FF, with just a little bit of vigntting
12-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Hm..... 8 pages of replies now, and I haven't seen anyone actually go to translate the article???????

Without having read the article, we can spin quite a lot, right? LOL
12-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #109
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Hm..... 8 pages of replies now, and I haven't seen anyone actually go to translate the article???????

Without having read the article, we can spin quite a lot, right? LOL
Mr Jam did it in this forum.

Head of R&D says Pentax is working on mirror-less FF 35mm and 645D?! [Page 2]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

12-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Pentax-Ricoh could do the same, sure. Glassless adapters are trivial. Maybe we've already had a hint of the new PFF-EVIL cam's register: 27.8mm.

Why that? Hint: What was the last GXR mountor that Ricoh announced? Think, Leica-M. Did Ricoh release an M-mount device just on a whim? I hereby prophesize that the new RM mount will be an M-mount with AF. The PK adapter would be (45.46-27.8)= 17.66mm= ~0.7in thick. The upcoming EOS, FD, M/MD and Konica adapters will be a little thinner; the AI and R and T adapters will be a little thicker. The LTM-L39 adapter will look just like a wide-flange no-infinity-focus M42-PK adapter.

Another "why that": Because that register easily supports full frames. The shorter registers of NEX (18mm), m4/3 (18mm) and NX (25.5) probably don't. (But I could be wrong there. That happens occasionally.)
I for one hope you're right, an M mount sounds great!
12-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote

I hope so too. I may go with Pentax FF mirrorless instead of upgrading to M9, and being able to use my m mount lenses, including one made by Pentax, is pretty huge.
12-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #112
Oog
Forum Member

Google translate is (not really) your friend in this case:

(Last 2 paragraphs)

BTW - I'm Ya little If smearing propaganda also this - released December 19, mentioned in this blog the other day, "Digital Camera Magazine" was interviewed on camera manufacturers of eight companies in Tokyo, and Pentax in the interesting story. Interview with Mr. Kitazawa person who is head of camera development. I have a fairly bold statement that Mr. Kitazawa.
It's strange that I hope you Morae read carefully the article, and that you are trying to do the mirror-less camera's full-size size 35mm, what came out to talk and have no idea mirror-less camera 645D. More of me and had only a confused and could not really hear the story may be far cow digs.

Originally from the old Pentax screen format (size) was applied to the type of mount and more. Cautious, as no other camera manufacturers. Until last Sun about 6 × 7 size, size 645, a 35mm full-size, and there was a film camera with interchangeable lenses and a half size APS, but the size of PENTAX Q is digital, APS-C size, lens size 645 cameras have interchangeable. There, or even a 35mm full-size, but with trying to do even that the mirror-less camera with interchangeable lens 645 size, it steadily go, go, for the first time are surprised.
Anyway, apart from HOYA (Really it was good to) as soon as the Ricoh 翼下 entered, but it is not terribly healthy and vigorous and I, Pentax.

12-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
And as I suggested, this is a portal to many other lens systems. LTM-L39; old 4/3 and Pen-F; Canon, Konica, Minolta, Fujica, Exakta, Nikon, all that stuff. Hmm, does this mean my lens accumulation will bloat even more? [/me shudders, looks for space]
12-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K1D27H Quote
Flange focal distance for K-mount (45.46mm) remains to be a problem with the mirrorless system unless they are going to ditch the K-mount entirely. Something I do hate to see it happens. And personally, I find an adapter for the lenses rather awkward.
Why do they have to ditch the K-Mount? A mirror less in K mount might be possible, and it canbe either FF EVIL or an APSC one... The camera might look odd, but it's the quickest solution for Pentax to release their own EVIL cameras w the existing lens lineup. Same might goes to 654D EVIL...
12-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #115
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K1D27H Quote
Flange focal distance for K-mount (45.46mm) remains to be a problem with the mirrorless system unless they are going to ditch the K-mount entirely. Something I do hate to see it happens. And personally, I find an adapter for the lenses rather awkward.
If the body is deep like a classic 645 film body shape -- akin to the shape of most video cameras -- with the FF sensor place deep towards the back of the body, could that solve the distance problem?
12-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #116
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
If the body is deep like a classic 645 film body shape -- akin to the shape of most video cameras -- with the FF sensor place deep towards the back of the body, could that solve the distance problem?
I have been posting about this for many many times. If the flange distance is fixed, there's a lot that can be changed still. A digital camera in 2011 does not have to be designed the same way as a 60s camera that uses rolls of film.

Then again, for example the pictures by johnmflores above show us that there's no distance problem really. The flange distance is small enough to make the camera body reasonably small. It's just the question where to put all the other bells and whistles.
12-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oog Quote
More of me and had only a confused and could not really hear the story may be far cow digs.

What could be clearer than this...???
12-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #118
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I agree completely. Got my A50/1.2 today and it was unusable with the optical finder. In Live View I got a hit rate of 50% (mainly because LV was too slow in use).
This is OT for this thread ... but my K-5 needed a -10 AF Fine Tune adjustment to use my A-50mm/1.4. Still nowhere near as accurate as my K10D w/KatzEye focus screen, not because the K10D is better @ manual focus than the K-5 but because the KatzEye screen enables it.
12-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #119
Veteran Member

Wow, great news. Hope it's true. I've thought from day one the 645D should have been a mirrorless camera. Although I do have to question the usefulness of medium format in the future seeing as how the Nikon D800 is going to be 36mp and offered without an AA filter to make it even sharper. Just how much more resolution do 99.999% of photographers need? Seems like medium format will be a shrinking market; and it wasn't exactly a large market to begin with.

As far as the full frame mirrorless idea; I'm all for it. Make it about the size of the Pentax ME Super and you'd really have something different in the market. A camera half the size of the D700 (or upcoming D800/5D Mk III) with every bit of the image quality. Talk about a landscape photographers wet dream...

Last edited by Art Vandelay II; 12-17-2011 at 05:04 PM.
12-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
Wow, great news. Hope it's true. I've thought from day one the 645D should have been a mirrorless camera. Although I do have to question the usefulness of medium format in the future seeing the Nikon D800 is going to be 36mp and offered without an AA filter to make it even sharper. Just how much more resolution do 99.999% of photographers need?

As far as the full frame mirrorless idea; I'm all for it. Make it about the size of the Pentax ME Super and you'd really have something different in the market. A camera half the size of the D700 (or upcoming D800/5D Mk III) with every bit of the image quality. Talk about a landscape photographers wet dream...
Bingo. If they made the lenses that would get me back to Pentax. I love the D700 but I don't want to use it much because it's so big.